Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Harden & Perkins for Nash & Gortat?

Should the Thunder go after free agent Steve Nash?

Now this would be special, wouldn't it? Can you imagine the league-wide terror of trying to stop the pairing of Nash and the league's top scorer in the halfcourt? Or how about Nash, Durant and Westbrook in the open court? Since the Thunder are capped out, that's just a pipedream, right?

It isn't and here's why: the Thunder could flip Harden (an Arizona State product, remember) to Phoenix in a sign-and-trade deal for Nash and Marcin Gortat. The Thunder have the contracts to make the money work (Kendrick Perkins and Daequan could be thrown in) and the Suns could get their young stud of the future without letting Nash go for nothing.
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...a-city-thunder

Would OKC consider this?
    Last edited by sunsfan88; 06-22-2012 at 04:46 PM.

vCash
    I would, I suspect OKC might, but I don't think Phoenix would

This finals exposed the same weaknesses Dallas exploited last year in the WCF, primary of which could be Harden checking out come big game time and no post scoring. If this trade happened Presti should win GM of the year and the Suns GM be shot, in the balls... lol

He's Back!

vCash
    Your right, Perkins contract is horrible. He has 3 years remaining, and his last year under contract, he will be 30 years old, making $10M. $10M a season!!

But I think everyone in Phoenix would love it if we pulled off this trade because Harden's from Arizona and everyone loves him!

I think being "the guy" on the hometown team Suns can pull his s**t together.

vCash
    Not something i see as realistic
    Last edited by Carey; 06-22-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Red Sox, Ravens, Thunder, Blackhawks, UConn and Penn St. Fan!

vCash
    To trade for a franchise player, I'm willing to take on that salary.

vCash
    I'd only make this trade if Gortat was a sure fire go to post player, he's a really good player but not at that level that i would trade a budding 22 yr old all star caliber player for him and a 38 yr old.

Red Sox, Ravens, Thunder, Blackhawks, UConn and Penn St. Fan!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    I'd only make this trade if Gortat was a sure fire go to post player, he's a really good player but not at that level that i would trade a budding 22 yr old all star caliber player for him and a 38 yr old.
    ok, I considered it..... a dog with fleas..... we can dump Perkins contract if necessary.... (loud raspberry sound)..... nah

He's Back!

vCash
    Ehhh .. Idk lol
    maybe

Pg- Westbrook
    Sg- Harden
    Sf- Durant
    Pf- Ibaka
    C- Perkins

Or

Pg- Nash
    Sg- Westbrook
    Sf- Durant
    Pf- Ibaka
    C- Gortat

???
    Ummmmm.... Nawww I'll pass

- Durant (35)
    - Ibaka (9) Go Okc!!!
    - Westbrook (0)

vCash
    But how about Perkins for Gortat?

- Durant (35)
    - Ibaka (9) Go Okc!!!
    - Westbrook (0)

vCash
    How about Warrick for Ibaka?

vCash
    I really like the look of that second squad listed...contribution from every position
    TWINSIES!!

vCash
    I understand why OKC would pause at giving up a young player with loads of potential still untapped. But, realistically what are your chances of keeping him? Durant and Westbrook are on max extensions (i believe) and we know Ibaka is going to require a high salary as well. I don't think OKC is going to be able to resign both. Why not use Harden to upgrade at C and get a vet pg who pretty much guarantees 3 more title runs before he retires instead of taken the chance on Harden walking next year for nothing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wmudford View Post
    I understand why OKC would pause at giving up a young player with loads of potential still untapped. But, realistically what are your chances of keeping him? Durant and Westbrook are on max extensions (i believe) and we know Ibaka is going to require a high salary as well. I don't think OKC is going to be able to resign both. Why not use Harden to upgrade at C and get a vet pg who pretty much guarantees 3 more title runs before he retires instead of taken the chance on Harden walking next year for nothing?
    I raspberried it because Gortat is only shooting 55% roughly, not a very high percentage scoring from the the post IMO. As far as shooting percentage it wasn't much of an upgrade over Perk.

He's Back!

vCash
    I thought Nash was an unrestricted free agent this season. Why would we need to trade for him. Plus we do have a PG better then Nash on the roster.

vCash
    Gortat is way better than Perkins, offensively, defensively and rebounding wise.

And OKC is capped out, they can't afford to sign Nash. And OKC has a PG better than Nash, the guy who just won assist title and took a bunch of scrubs & Gortat almost to the playoffs??

Who??!! And why the he'll didn't you play that PG vs Miami? You guys would have had a better chance!

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast