Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damien Brunner

vCash

Damien Brunner

Yup, I love him already! I started this thread so we can get to know our new "top 6" forward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70gxqh8YOA0

vCash
    "We're real happy with the young kid Damien Brunner, who Mike Babcock and I saw at the World Championships," Holland said. "He led the Swiss league in scoring. He's got speed; now we'll see how he adjusts from the big rink to a small rink and with more physical play. But we certainly like his speed."
    Brunner, 26, was the Forward of the Year in Switzerland's National League A after leading the league in scoring with 24 goals and 36 assists in 45 games.
    He has played for EV Zug the last four seasons, recording 190 points in 167 games (78 goals, 112 assists).
    He has also played for Team Switzerland in two of the past three IIHF World Championships, recording four goals and eight assists in 14 games.

vCash
    I like the sound of a Hudler with speed and grit, sounds great!

Earning Respect with every Withdrawal

vCash
    I have never in my life have watched this guy play..

vCash
    I have been watching his highlight videos, if he can bring half of this game to the NHL he will be just fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fuYprjQbkk

vCash
    I watched his highlites, and you can tell that it's a completely different league.

vCash
    This guy is lighting it up.

Yep, it is the Swiss A league, but there are a ton of NHL'ers.

He has 53 points (in 30 games played) to lead the league. There is a certain Henrik Zetterberg who is a teammate who has 29 points (albeit playing 10 less games.)

Even John Tavares trails with 39 points on another team. Joe Thornton and Rick Nash are barely point-per-game players for HC Davos.
    Blue Jays Ace Todd Redmond

vCash
    Not sure if you guys get the Spengler Cup. It's televised on TSN over the next few days.

Brunner has been added to the HC Davos squad. There are more NHL'ers playing in this tournament than.... umm. well. people playing in the NHL.
    Last edited by StealingSigns; 12-27-2012 at 05:20 PM.

vCash
    Damn man that's impressive. I really hope that translates over to the NHL... if their ever is a season.

It would be nice to have another Ken Holland European find!

Catches: 8 Yards: 80 TDs: 1

vCash
    Its impressive to do what he is doing in the Swiss league with all of the NHL players but remember this, he was probably a top 3 forward in the league last year. The influx of NHL players on teams have pushed down the best Swiss league players for NHL players who need to learn to play less physical and on a different rink. Its just like transitioning from Euro to NHL. His numbers being higher is explained by being with better players, but those NHL players low numbers are because they are with worse players and transitioning. So lets not go crowning him anything yet till we have a season.

I expect 20-25 goals his first season with a ceiling of about 35. I also dont know where anyone said he had more grit than Huds because he dont and his speed might just be a step better. I would say more skilled offensively though.

So far my favorite part of the lockout is watching John Tavares for one of my favorite Euro teams in person....man he is good if just wasnt on the Islanders

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Its impressive to do what he is doing in the Swiss league with all of the NHL players but remember this, he was probably a top 3 forward in the league last year. The influx of NHL players on teams have pushed down the best Swiss league players for NHL players who need to learn to play less physical and on a different rink. Its just like transitioning from Euro to NHL. His numbers being higher is explained by being with better players, but those NHL players low numbers are because they are with worse players and transitioning. So lets not go crowning him anything yet till we have a season.

I expect 20-25 goals his first season with a ceiling of about 35. I also dont know where anyone said he had more grit than Huds because he dont and his speed might just be a step better. I would say more skilled offensively though.

So far my favorite part of the lockout is watching John Tavares for one of my favorite Euro teams in person....man he is good if just wasnt on the Islanders
    I wasn't crowning him with anything to be sure. Just pointing out that he has been impressive now for a couple of years, and now that there is an influx of real NHL talent, he hasn't lost a step.

vCash
    Haha I knew you werent I didnt mean it like that just that we have to see how he transitions. I mean im hoping he fits in on the second line with look of maybe Flipper-Z-Brunner could be pretty fast and scary with all having good passing skills and nice shots

vCash
    Haha I knew you werent I didnt mean it like that just that we have to see how he transitions. I mean im hoping he fits in on the second line with look of maybe Flipper-Z-Brunner could be pretty fast and scary with all having good passing skills and nice shots
    Hopefully Fil is ready to go, but I'm not sure. I heard he's on skates again. I didn't realize Brunner was 26. He's not such a kid anymore. I like that fact. As excited as I am in seeing Jurco in a wing wheel, his age scares me, so I think Brunner, being older, should fit in fine on the Wings, if he's on Z's line. I hope he's the future of the team, with Gus and Tatar (whose tearing it up with GR).

vCash
    Well as I last read which was couple days ago Fil wont be ready til closer to the end of the month. I could see Nyquist filling the role of Fil until he returns to full. Gus-Z-Brunner is a good line with two natural centres. Im just worried more about our top line and who plays with Pasha.

vCash
    Well as I last read which was couple days ago Fil wont be ready til closer to the end of the month. I could see Nyquist filling the role of Fil until he returns to full. Gus-Z-Brunner is a good line with two natural centres. Im just worried more about our top line and who plays with Pasha.
    LOL, Bert and Mule, and Pavs will have to do all the work again. So, you expect Brunner to have an automatic spot with Z?
    Last edited by westhockeytown; 01-08-2013 at 09:01 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast