Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 55
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    KDs couch
    Posts
    2,101
    vCash
    1500
    I have heard that Thabeet will be "given the chance to compete" but Cole was told that he will be the back up for Perk. Presti told Brooks that he will have to use Cole or he would bring in another guy to force his hand. lol! I guess Thabeet is that guy.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    27,364
    vCash
    500
    I say we amnesty Perk, then pick up Camby.

    Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    KDs couch
    Posts
    2,101
    vCash
    1500
    Camby is only a decent on ball defender. We all know Ibaka can't cover anyone with a pump fake. I would rather keep our best low post defender until we find a better long term fix.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    KDs couch
    Posts
    2,101
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dubh46 View Post
    Camby is only a decent on ball defender. We all know Ibaka can't cover anyone with a pump fake. I would rather keep our best low post defender until we find a better long term fix.

    I just now read what I put on here. Let me finish by saying that I don't want to lose Ibaka or Perk. I think if we front load Ibaka, and back load Harden and sign some minimum guys then we can keep everyone till 2014/15. Then we can see where our centers are in the grand scheme of things. I think Cole is going to play well and I think he will cut Perks minutes down to about 23.5-24.5 a game. Ibaka will take some and Cole should get up to 20 minutes a game by the time playoffs come around. Thabeet will only see blow out minutes, but I think he will help our guys in practice. It is good to play against a true big man height wise. And it will give Cole someone to learn against as well as what he has picked up from Perk. Cole can be our starter in another 2 years if he gets the chance. (brooks has a tendency to play the names, before the players)


    Now I know I will be on my own with this but I wish we would bring Royal with cheese back on a minimum contract. He is a really good defender, and can shoot when he gets going. I also think he should have played in the miami series to cover D Wade. Not major minutes, but he should have gone at Wade for 8-10 minutes.
    Last edited by dubh46; 07-07-2012 at 02:47 AM.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    OKC
    Posts
    1,004
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dubh46 View Post
    I just now read what I put on here. Let me finish by saying that I don't want to lose Ibaka or Perk. I think if we front load Ibaka, and back load Harden and sign some minimum guys then we can keep everyone till 2014/15. Then we can see where our centers are in the grand scheme of things. I think Cole is going to play well and I think he will cut Perks minutes down to about 23.5-24.5 a game. Ibaka will take some and Cole should get up to 20 minutes a game by the time playoffs come around. Thabeet will only see blow out minutes, but I think he will help our guys in practice. It is good to play against a true big man height wise. And it will give Cole someone to learn against as well as what he has picked up from Perk. Cole can be our starter in another 2 years if he gets the chance. (brooks has a tendency to play the names, before the players)


    Now I know I will be on my own with this but I wish we would bring Royal with cheese back on a minimum contract. He is a really good defender, and can shoot when he gets going. I also think he should have played in the miami series to cover D Wade. Not major minutes, but he should have gone at Wade for 8-10 minutes.
    I agree about Ivey. He brings intensity to practice and doesn't sulk when he doesn't play. I also think he should have seen some minutes in the Finals, if just to provide a spark if nothing else.

    He's Back!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    KDs couch
    Posts
    2,101
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerule View Post
    I agree about Ivey. He brings intensity to practice and doesn't sulk when he doesn't play. I also think he should have seen some minutes in the Finals, if just to provide a spark if nothing else.


    You hit the nail on the head. A true pro. He is great to have around. One more year at a minimum contract would be good for the team.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    654
    vCash
    1500
    Low Risk player with a roof of being a bigger longer Ibaka.. Great pickup for the Thunder even if his NBA Career is a bust being drafted after BG he can help OKC backup Perkins

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Seattle!!
    Posts
    13
    vCash
    1500
    Great move by Presti.

    I will always be a fan of Thabeet.

    If he doesnt work out, then zero harm done.

    If he does, then that would be amazing!!

    I hope he can find a role with OKC and contribute!!

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    KDs couch
    Posts
    2,101
    vCash
    1500
    My thing is this. He had pressure in Memphis, and was not in a good spot with them at all. Houston and Portland tried and hoped he would just all of a sudden play great.

    We know he is not ready, and we have a decent player development group. I think he will enjoy our "college like team atmosphere", and want to be involved in what we have built. Our team wants him to succeed and have a plan to get him to succeed, where the other teams expected him to succeed with no plan to develop him.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    OKC
    Posts
    1,004
    vCash
    1500
    I thought it would be interesting to dig up this old thread and look at it. Thabeet has really blown me away. I see a development curve that is rivaling if not surpassing Ibaka's. I think it is safe to say that he has exceeded even the most pro for this move expectations. Presti Magic!! The guy blows me away. He looks like an English professor but everything he touches turns to gold!

    He's Back!

  11. #41
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,894
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerule View Post
    I thought it would be interesting to dig up this old thread and look at it. Thabeet has really blown me away. I see a development curve that is rivaling if not surpassing Ibaka's. I think it is safe to say that he has exceeded even the most pro for this move expectations. Presti Magic!! The guy blows me away. He looks like an English professor but everything he touches turns to gold!
    He looked damn good tonight. He needs to keep going and start to push Perk for minutes. I was actually kinda bummed they took him out in the 4th.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The City
    Posts
    801
    vCash
    1500
    I'm still calling it, Thabeet win be our starter by the end of the season.. unless they trade for a Center

    - Durant (35)
    - Ibaka (9) Go Okc!!!
    - Westbrook (0)

  13. #43
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    27,364
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Amaziing View Post
    I'm still calling it, Thabeet win be our starter by the end of the season.. unless they trade for a Center
    I'm hoping so to be honest.

    Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,894
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    I'm hoping so to be honest.
    I'm hoping we get Varejao.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chambéry, France
    Posts
    737
    vCash
    1500
    he's really good...but foul is really an issu for him... he usually get 4-5-6 in 10-20min...difficult to play big role if you can stay on the court with good (and legal) defense.
    i was not trusting a lot in him, but i admit that he's currently a good work and that the best is still to come.
    you know that i'm a perk fan, so for me, he still has a long way to go in order to bring what perk brings in D

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •