Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soonabooma View Post
    It's nothing more than Presti making a move for the sake of making a move. He always makes it a point to say that he'll never do that. But in this situation, he absolutely is. So he can take all that "we'll never make a move just to make a move" stuff and shove it. We're the softest team in the league and with this move, we'll become even softer.
    No...It's called forward thinking, Thabeet has a specific skill which is shot blocking. On a 2 yr deal which im almost certain is for the minimum it a low risk/moderate reward kind of deal. If they do indeed have to amnesty Perk or loose a big down the line with the right coaching and dedication by him he could be a guy that gives you 15 mins a night a couple yrs from now on the cheap. With the contracts we have coming down the pike its important to continue to find players on the cheap that can contribute, so you'll see reclamation projects like this here and there. I think its a smart move and have no problem with it whatsoever.

Red Sox, Ravens, Thunder, Blackhawks, UConn and Penn St. Fan!

vCash
    hopefully he is one of those guys that had to sow some wild oats, enjoy the life for a while, and now is ready to get down to business, if so, could be a steal, if not it was worth the chance...

If You See Westbrook Wrestling a Grizzlie.... pity the bear....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soonabooma View Post
    It's nothing more than Presti making a move for the sake of making a move. He always makes it a point to say that he'll never do that. But in this situation, he absolutely is. So he can take all that "we'll never make a move just to make a move" stuff and shove it. We're the softest team in the league and with this move, we'll become even softer.
    cynical much there booma? I'm not thrilled with re-hiring Brooks, but the softest team in the league? I don't think so.

If we're worried about soft, let's worry about OU's soft *** defensive secondary....
    Last edited by Soonerule; 07-05-2012 at 10:08 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    No...It's called forward thinking, Thabeet has a specific skill which is shot blocking. On a 2 yr deal which im almost certain is for the minimum it a low risk/moderate reward kind of deal. If they do indeed have to amnesty Perk or loose a big down the line with the right coaching and dedication by him he could be a guy that gives you 15 mins a night a couple yrs from now on the cheap. With the contracts we have coming down the pike its important to continue to find players on the cheap that can contribute, so you'll see reclamation projects like this here and there. I think its a smart move and have no problem with it whatsoever.
    you know and I know if Thabeet comes into practice soft, Ibaka, Collison, Perk and Aldrich will punk him. He'll fire up or die...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerule View Post
    you know and I know if Thabeet comes into practice soft, Ibaka, Collison, Perk and Aldrich will punk him. He'll fire up or die...
    die
    i hope that Aldrich will step up next year and start to show what he can bring. He was drafted as a "perkins-like"... Can be really useful for the futur

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchie View Post
    die
    i hope that Aldrich will step up next year and start to show what he can bring. He was drafted as a "perkins-like"... Can be really useful for the futur
    I hear Pleiss is going to play in the summer league along with Thabeet and Aldrich so the beatdowns may have already commenced

vCash
    no no
    pleiss is in europ and won't be in summer league.
    he has signed a 4 years deal with Tau Vitoria (old name...now it's caja laboreal or something like that). He can come in the nba each summer.

It's a great thing because coach Duzko is diamant. Pleiss will learn a lot with him, it was THE team to be for him because he'll have playing time a a good mentor to improve his basketball skills

vCash
    a funny tweet :
    Jorge Sierra: If the Thunder coaching staff can make a legit NBA center out of Hasheem Thabeet, they reach legend status to me

vCash
    the Thunder should pay Thabeet for Memphis selecting him and allowing Harden to fall to them. Remember the Thunder was sky high on Thabeet and would have selected him if he was there. So hopefully what they say will finally come out and he can play 15 min and be a defensive stud in the middle.

vCash
    Is pleiss playing in the olympics? Would be nice to get a chance to watch him play

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerule View Post
    cynical much there booma? I'm not thrilled with re-hiring Brooks, but the softest team in the league? I don't think so.

If we're worried about soft, let's worry about OU's soft *** defensive secondary....
    I'm not at all worried about OU. Our problem for years has been coaching. Well, not anymore. We just brought back a guy that's as good as anybody in the business at coaching defense. It might take a little while to be totally sharp again, but we'll definitely see an immediate impact from Mike Stoops this year. It can't get any worse after having Venables. We'll be much improved, no more giving up 35-40 pts a game and forcing our offense to have to score 50 just to give us a chance to win. We'll be tough to beat.

But as far as the Thunder, you've gotta admit...we were a soft team, just extremely talented, and obviously we've had plenty of time to sharpen up our team chemistry. But we never could play with a chip on our shoulder consistently. It finally came back to bite us in the finals. Too many mistakes, not enough intensity, just not sharp at all. We got to beat up on older teams for a while, but that wasn't gonna work against the Heat. Our coach needs to get a lot tougher and so do our players. If we continue to run the same system and play with the same style, we won't be able to beat Miami or a full strength Chicago if we can even manage to get back to the finals. We need to get mean real fast, or we're gonna end up disappointed again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hievan View Post
    Is pleiss playing in the olympics? Would be nice to get a chance to watch him play
    no germany failed to qualify for the olympics. Very difficult in Europ to go there because there are a lot of team and just a few tickets.... It depends on result over the european championship. Last summer, Spain and France were finalist so these 2 teams are going directly to the olympics. 4 other teams (standing 3-6) of the european chaampionship will play a qualifying tournament with other country arond the world. Only 3 teams will go to the olympics.
    The tournament is currently playing
    here is a link (in french) :
    http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tournoi...sket-ball_2012
    but for basketball result, you'll understand french

vCash
    no germany failed to qualify for the olympics. Very difficult in Europ to go there because there are a lot of team and just a few tickets.... It depends on result over the european championship. Last summer, Spain and France were finalist so these 2 teams are going directly to the olympics. 4 other teams (standing 3-6) of the european chaampionship will play a qualifying tournament with other country arond the world. Only 3 teams will go to the olympics.
    The tournament is currently playing
    here is a link (in french) :
    http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tournoi...sket-ball_2012
    but for basketball result, you'll understand french
    Ahh thanks for the info...didnt know about all that i figured they just let everyone play since it comes down to spain and us almost every year lol

vCash
    a funny tweet :
    Jorge Sierra: If the Thunder coaching staff can make a legit NBA center out of Hasheem Thabeet, they reach legend status to me
    Hahaha, I agree though. Presti deserves a spot in the hall of fame of this works out.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    Hahaha, I agree though. Presti deserves a spot in the hall of fame of this works out.
    Or at least 1 executive of the year award, its a joke he's never won 1.

Red Sox, Ravens, Thunder, Blackhawks, UConn and Penn St. Fan!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast