Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Sather will do something big I am sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    He can't replace Prust but w/e.

Well we signed Bickel anyway and we could have went after Konopka, he signed for the same amount as we got Asham for, and he's a much more useful player, especially since we lost Michell for faceoffs. Right now Sather is busy plugging the dam instead of adding players.

vCash
    What's the rush though? We didn't have to make a move for Asham so early.

vCash
    Ya, I just don't like Asham, like I said before he's a bonehead. We've effectively lost Mitchell, Prust and will likely let Fedotenko go and we've only added Asham. With Gaborik's injury we're short 3 players to start the season, I guess that's kind of the rush, but I would have rathered someone else
    Having said that...2.5 for 10 years is grand larcany for Prust, he should be in jail. Montreal is now the NYR's of the mid to late 90's.

vCash
    So far John Mitchell and Chad Johnson(AHL G) have signed. I would have liked Tanner Glass 246 hits 5g/11a/16pts but he signed with Pitt. Asham doesn't play on the PK like Prust. There's still a chance we get Prust back, but only at our price.

vCash
    Your right Prust signed 4yrs/10 mil. WOW!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    So far John Mitchell and Chad Johnson(AHL G) have signed. I would have liked Tanner Glass 246 hits 5g/11a/16pts but he signed with Pitt. Asham doesn't play on the PK like Prust. There's still a chance we get Prust back, but only at our price.
    Prust signed with Montreal a while ago.

vCash
    At least we resigned Newbury who will fight for a spot on the roster and I think he will be our opening night 4th line Center, I like Kris.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmARanger18 View Post
    At least we resigned Newbury who will fight for a spot on the roster and I think he will be our opening night 4th line Center, I like Kris.
    I'm not sure about Newbury, he plays well in the AHL but never seems to get going at the NHL level, not sure this was a signing for NYR as it was for the Whale.

vCash
    I guess he'll replace Prust...

vCash
    Needed a player like this with Prust leaving.

Couldn't overpay for Prust, but he will be missed.

vCash
    Well it's looking like Shane Doan will be our big signing.

vCash
    Doing nothing is an option. Perhaps not the preferred option, but it may be better than pulling the trigger on some trades offered to the NYR organization.

Unless the Pens land either Parise or Suter, they took a step backward this offseason. Maybe they had a great draft, but the Staal trade was a short-term step backward and offloading Michalek in a salary dump brought back little value -- its defense has taken a step backward as well.

The Flyers? I expect Bryzgalov to be better next season, so that will be an upgrade alone. However, they are about to lose Jagr and Matt Carle, impairing a defense which already had holes. Net/net, it's a step backward also.

I'm not going to go through my view on every Eastern conference team (and I'm sure that's not interesting) -- suffice to say, I would be ok with maintaining discipline and passing on the big trades. Comparitively speaking, it's an ok risk to anticipate a) our younger players to be better; b) Kreider to produce more than Fedetenko; c) Richards' 2nd year to be more productive; and d) a better defense, if for no reason Staal is healthy from day 1. If Sauer and Gaborik return healthy before January, we are in good shape, and setup very well for acquiring key players at the next trade deadline.

Let teams in weaker positions come to us and meet our demands.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
    Doing nothing is an option. Perhaps not the preferred option, but it may be better than pulling the trigger on some trades offered to the NYR organization.

Unless the Pens land either Parise or Suter, they took a step backward this offseason. Maybe they had a great draft, but the Staal trade was a short-term step backward and offloading Michalek in a salary dump brought back little value -- its defense has taken a step backward as well.

The Flyers? I expect Bryzgalov to be better next season, so that will be an upgrade alone. However, they are about to lose Jagr and Matt Carle, impairing a defense which already had holes. Net/net, it's a step backward also.

I'm not going to go through my view on every Eastern conference team (and I'm sure that's not interesting) -- suffice to say, I would be ok with maintaining discipline and passing on the big trades. Comparitively speaking, it's an ok risk to anticipate a) our younger players to be better; b) Kreider to produce more than Fedetenko; c) Richards' 2nd year to be more productive; and d) a better defense, if for no reason Staal is healthy from day 1. If Sauer and Gaborik return healthy before January, we are in good shape, and setup very well for acquiring key players at the next trade deadline.

Let teams in weaker positions come to us and meet our demands.
    I agree Red...we dont HAVE to make a trade, especially at the price the teams are looking for. I'd be comfortable adding a 3rd pair D and maybe a forward like Sullivan for depth to fill in holes on this team and add to the PP on the cheap. There will be someone step up and fill a hole from the minors, I think maybe Yogan, Miller or Fast will be the best bets up front while Erixxon still is the obvious choice down back if he works on his strength this summer. Our team will be better next year once Gaborik is back just because the young players got a year of experience, Kreider will be there all year, and I am hoping Dubi gets back on track. Having Staal for the year won't hurt either. I like our team and I think we have the players within our organization to make the difference once they mature ie Kreider, Hagelin, Yogan, Fast, Miller, Thomas, McIlrath, Erixxon, etc. We already have two elite players in Gaborik and Richards, if we can add some 20-30 goal scorers into the mix we'll have it. BTW this is a do or die offseason for Anisimov, he has to get stronger, if he could gain some muscle he could be the best young player we have but as of now he's soft as butter and he's not able to use one of his best assets, his size. I think Anisimov would benefit most from adding Jagr to this team as he'd get to see how a big body holds onto the puck and makes room for himself, he has play that style.
    Last edited by bsi; 07-02-2012 at 10:43 AM.

vCash

Aaron Asham signs with the Rangers

I disagree that we can go through the off-season without making a "semi-big" move... Let's not forget that gaborik will miss a lot of time. Our offense was rough with gaborik, I don't want to see it without him.

A few things have to be done and I have confidence that they will be handled.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast