Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast
Results 616 to 630 of 640
  1. #616
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    171
    vCash
    1500
    http://thehockeywriters.com/chris-st...-for-penguins/

    Turns out I wasn't the 1st who suggested Stewart to the Pens

  2. #617
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    469
    vCash
    1500
    Dont get me wrong I would really like to have Chris Stewart on Sid's line. But I would way rather have Bobby Ryan play with Sid. A guy who says he hasnt enjoyed coming to the rink but yet still nets over 30 goals. Also if we trade for Stewart and he doesnt like Pittsburgh which is what happened when he got traded to St.Louis we have a guy who doesnt want to be here and he only puts in 15 goals like he did in St. Louis. Also he is a RFA next year so if he has a break out year for goals we will have to pay him for it. Ryan is a proven 30+ goal scorer and we would have him locked up for another 2 years at what his max is going to be. Stewart is making $3M right now and is a RFA next year so if he scores 30+ goals lets say he will want a pay raise. Now the thing that is going in our favour we might be able to steal Stewart away from the Blues. Like the article says they need a left hand shot on the point and they have the money to take Martin's contract. So we might be able to get Stewart for Martin straight up. doubtful but you never know. If Stewart wants out that badly then St. Louis might be handcuffed like Columbus was with Rick Nash. Cause NYR stole Nash from Columbus.

  3. #618
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    171
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LionPenguin24 View Post
    Dont get me wrong I would really like to have Chris Stewart on Sid's line. But I would way rather have Bobby Ryan play with Sid. A guy who says he hasnt enjoyed coming to the rink but yet still nets over 30 goals. Also if we trade for Stewart and he doesnt like Pittsburgh which is what happened when he got traded to St.Louis we have a guy who doesnt want to be here and he only puts in 15 goals like he did in St. Louis. Also he is a RFA next year so if he has a break out year for goals we will have to pay him for it. Ryan is a proven 30+ goal scorer and we would have him locked up for another 2 years at what his max is going to be. Stewart is making $3M right now and is a RFA next year so if he scores 30+ goals lets say he will want a pay raise. Now the thing that is going in our favour we might be able to steal Stewart away from the Blues. Like the article says they need a left hand shot on the point and they have the money to take Martin's contract. So we might be able to get Stewart for Martin straight up. doubtful but you never know. If Stewart wants out that badly then St. Louis might be handcuffed like Columbus was with Rick Nash. Cause NYR stole Nash from Columbus.
    That would be fine. If Stewart breaks out, he would get the same deal as Neal, 6 years, $30 million. Stewart thrives in a run and gun system, like what they have in Colorado and Pittsburgh. He isn't supposed to play in a defensive system. I don't think we will trade Martin since we just traded Michalek unless we sign another D via free agency.

  4. #619
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    54,668
    vCash
    1500
    What's miss in 4 days?






  5. #620
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    171
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm2054 View Post
    What's miss in 4 days?
    Nothing at all, except we signed some prospect.

  6. #621
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Home and college dorm
    Posts
    702
    vCash
    1500
    I think I would take Chris Stewart instead of Bobby Ryan. Just because it would take way less of a package to acquire Stewart compared to Ryan

  7. #622
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    469
    vCash
    1500
    I just like the fact that Ryan is a proven scorer and we will have him under contract for another 2 years. If there would be a way to have Stewart and Ryan both with Sid that would be a dream. Cause Stewart can provide that little bit of grit to that line and also produce. Im still taking Ryan over Stewart tho.

  8. #623
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    54,668
    vCash
    1500
    I would prefer ryan, if I had a choice.






  9. #624
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    171
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LionPenguin24 View Post
    I just like the fact that Ryan is a proven scorer and we will have him under contract for another 2 years. If there would be a way to have Stewart and Ryan both with Sid that would be a dream. Cause Stewart can provide that little bit of grit to that line and also produce. Im still taking Ryan over Stewart tho.
    Stewart scored 28 goals in a season twice before, he has produced, but not at St. Louis because of their defensive system. We could get Stewart for just Martin, so why not do that? I'd rather just trade Martin than clean out our prospect pool. He literally reminds me of a copy of Neal. Young, has scored a career high of 28 goals (Neal's was 27 when he came here), career high of 64 points (Neal's was 55 points), both 6'2", Stewart is 228 lbs (Neal is 208 lbs), both are 24 (Neal is 2 months older than Stewart), both from Ontario, both played for Canada at the WC in 2011 (Neal 2 G, 3 A and Stewart 2 G, 2 A) and both started their career in 2007. That is also only looking at their stats, and when you watch them play, they play such a similar style. He is the perfect solution for us. They are literally carbon copies of each other (except Stewart is Jamaican, which is just awesome).

  10. #625
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    469
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by pens18-71-14 View Post
    Stewart scored 28 goals in a season twice before, he has produced, but not at St. Louis because of their defensive system. We could get Stewart for just Martin, so why not do that? I'd rather just trade Martin than clean out our prospect pool. He literally reminds me of a copy of Neal. Young, has scored a career high of 28 goals (Neal's was 27 when he came here), career high of 64 points (Neal's was 55 points), both 6'2", Stewart is 228 lbs (Neal is 208 lbs), both are 24 (Neal is 2 months older than Stewart), both from Ontario, both played for Canada at the WC in 2011 (Neal 2 G, 3 A and Stewart 2 G, 2 A) and both started their career in 2007. That is also only looking at their stats, and when you watch them play, they play such a similar style. He is the perfect solution for us. They are literally carbon copies of each other (except Stewart is Jamaican, which is just awesome).
    Ok I like this debate. You bring out stats I got my Bobby Ryan stats as well. Career high for Ryan was 35 goals (Stewart 28 Neal 27), Career high of 71 points (Stewart 64 Neal 55) Ryan is also 6'2 but he is only 216 pounds. Now the thing I really like since he has become a regular playing in the NHL he has missed only 1 game in 3 full seasons. Now with Stewart yes he has been ok with not missing to many games but if Im getting a guy to play with Sid I would prefer him to be in the line up every night. The thing I will give you is that yes Stewart will have a cheaper price tag than Ryan but to get Ryan I think it would be worth it.

  11. #626
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    171
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LionPenguin24 View Post
    Ok I like this debate. You bring out stats I got my Bobby Ryan stats as well. Career high for Ryan was 35 goals (Stewart 28 Neal 27), Career high of 71 points (Stewart 64 Neal 55) Ryan is also 6'2 but he is only 216 pounds. Now the thing I really like since he has become a regular playing in the NHL he has missed only 1 game in 3 full seasons. Now with Stewart yes he has been ok with not missing to many games but if Im getting a guy to play with Sid I would prefer him to be in the line up every night. The thing I will give you is that yes Stewart will have a cheaper price tag than Ryan but to get Ryan I think it would be worth it.
    That wasn't the point. I was comparing Neal and Stewart. Ryan is better than both of them, and because of that, he would cost more to get. Anaheim has a crazy asking price for Ryan, and it isn't worth the price. I'd rather trade for someone that will put up 80 points that will only cost Martin to get than trade for someone that will put up 100 points and cost our top prospects and roster players. I would rather trade for Ryan than Stewart, if the price would be reasonable. The Ducks are asking the sky and the moon for Ryan, and the Blues are only asking for a top-4 D for Stewart. Which would you rather do? We don't need any more stars on our team. If the return for Ryan was realistic, I'd do it. But it is too high for my liking. If we could make a trade like the Hossa deal (top forward prospect, 1st round pick, a young winger and a young center for a star winger and a depth winger), I'd do it in a heartbeat. The deal off that chart would be Bennett, Kennedy, Jeffery and a 1st. If we had to pay any more, I wouldn't do it.

  12. #627
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    171
    vCash
    1500
    Remember, a deal must also benefit the Ducks. They aren't rebuilding, so I don't think a bunch of prospects will be what they are looking for. If Selanne wouldn't be returning, they would probs be rebuilding. If they trade Getzlaf, they will start a rebuild. But as of right now, they want NHL players for him, which really put us out of the running for him. That is why I like the Stewart trade better. We know that the Blues want a top-4 D, and we want another Neal-mold winger. I love the fit here.
    Last edited by pens18-71-14; 08-03-2012 at 06:55 PM.

  13. #628
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    171
    vCash
    1500
    According to sources, the Pens have heavily front-loaded their deal to Doan. The breakdown would be:
    $10 million in year 1
    $8 million in year 2
    $4 million in year 3
    $2 million in year 4

    Don't know the reliability of this though. This seems odd, because Shero never front-loads contracts. The only time he did was with Sid, and I'm assuming with Parise.
    Last edited by pens18-71-14; 08-03-2012 at 07:56 PM.

  14. #629
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    6
    vCash
    1500
    Hey Pens 18-71-14 and LionPenguin24 back on page 32 of this post. I had said the pens should go after Chris Stewart of the blues to put with crosby. Pens 18-71-14 had posted a reply to go after Sykora as he is still putting up points. Well im glad you agree that Stewart could be awesome in our puck possession system, and yes he had back to back years of 28 goals before Hitchcock suffocated him in his system. I think we should get a rumor going that the pens are after stewart and force the issue lol.
    Last edited by Pens95; 08-03-2012 at 11:31 PM.

  15. #630
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    171
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pens95 View Post
    Hey Pens 18-71-14 and LionPenguin24 back on page 32 of this post. I had said the pens should go after Chris Stewart of the blues to put with crosby. Pens 18-71-14 had posted a reply to go after Sykora as he is still putting up points. Well im glad you agree that Stewart could be awesome in our puck possession system, and yes he had back to back years of 28 goals before Hitchcock suffocated him in his system. I think we should get a rumor going that the pens are after stewart and force the issue lol.
    I've always had the Stewart to Pens idea, but it was always in the back-burner to other ideas, whether it was Doan, Setoguchi, Heatley, ect that have been rumored. Now that I've run out of original ideas, I'm going to my backup, and I'm wondering why it wasn't my original. It is a great idea. How would we spread the rumor? By kidnapping Shero and forcing him to make that trade? I'm down with that lol

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •