Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast
    vCash
    Is anyone else getting irritated with Doan at this point? I'd rather go the trade route right now, because I'd much rather have someone like Paajarvi grow into the role of Sid's wing. I think Shero is looking for another Neal somewhere, but I don't know when that trade would happen. Honestly, I don't know if Bennett will ever pan out, he seems more like a project than a sure bet. Some people will definitely succeed, but I don't put Bennett there yet. I'm not saying that he will be a bust, but I don't feel confident with him having the role of the future winger of Sid. I'd much rather find another Neal somewhere (Paajarvi is a great example, Stewart, Stalberg, maybe Okposo). We can't rely on Dupuis getting another 60 point season next year, and Doan won't be scoring much, let alone if we get him. I'd rather have the security of a trade than overpay for an overrated player.
    Last edited by pens18-71-14; 08-02-2012 at 10:43 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pens18-71-14 View Post
    Is anyone else getting irritated with Doan at this point? I'd rather go the trade route right now, because I'd much rather have someone like Paajarvi grow into the role of Sid's wing. I think Shero is looking for another Neal somewhere, but I don't know when that trade would happen. Honestly, I don't know if Bennett will ever pan out, he seems more like a project than a sure bet. Some people will definitely succeed, but I don't put Bennett there yet. I'm not saying that he will be a bust, but I don't feel confident with him having the role of the future winger of Sid. I'd much rather find another Neal somewhere (Paajarvi is a great example, Stewart, Stalberg, maybe Okposo). We can't rely on Dupuis getting another 60 point season next year, and Doan won't be scoring much, let alone if we get him. I'd rather have the security of a trade than overpay for an overrated player.
    What is your hurry? Doan signing now wont make the season start any faster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nickster16301 View Post
    What is your hurry? Doan signing now wont make the season start any faster.
    It isn't that, it is just that Doan is commanding both the time and the money that he doesn't deserve. People were irritated with Parise and Suter taking 4 days, and they had the skill to do so. Doan has been waiting for like 20 days now. He is neither worth the 7.5 million he wants or making like 10 teams wait almost a month. Seriously, was getting a player like Doan ever the goal to play along Sid? Or was it to get a scoring winger like Neal?

vCash
    forget about doan. i dont want him coming here and he doesnt want to come here.

vCash
    When it comes to a guy being like a James Neal and the same age bracket Bobby Ryan fits that mold perfectly. People forget sometimes that he was drafted #2 behind Crosby. Also a guy like Setoguchi was also drafted the same year as Crosby. So either of those 2 would be ideal. They would both probably the same kind of productivity that Neal had when he came to Pittsburgh.
    When it comes to Doan I would really like to have him but I agree im really worried about the price tag for him as well as the length of contract he is wanting. Like everyone has been saying there are a lot of other players who fit the same role as Doan and who will be alot cheaper on the cap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionPenguin24 View Post
    When it comes to a guy being like a James Neal and the same age bracket Bobby Ryan fits that mold perfectly. People forget sometimes that he was drafted #2 behind Crosby. Also a guy like Setoguchi was also drafted the same year as Crosby. So either of those 2 would be ideal. They would both probably the same kind of productivity that Neal had when he came to Pittsburgh.
    When it comes to Doan I would really like to have him but I agree im really worried about the price tag for him as well as the length of contract he is wanting. Like everyone has been saying there are a lot of other players who fit the same role as Doan and who will be alot cheaper on the cap.
    Ryan isn't the kind of player that we are looking for, simply because he costs too much. The mold we are looking for is a big, young winger that has scored 20 goals in a season before that could explode along Crosby. Ryan has scored like 35 before. My choices would be Okposo, Stewart, Paajarvi or Setoguchi if I had to chose. My favorite would be Stewart based on past success, because age isn't a factor between them (all are 24, Paajarvi is 21).
    Last edited by pens18-71-14; 08-02-2012 at 12:25 PM.

vCash
    Ryan isn't the kind of player that we are looking for, simply because he costs too much. The mold we are looking for is a big, young winger that has scored 20 goals in a season before that could explode along Crosby. Ryan has scored like 35 before. My choices would be Okposo, Stewart, Paajarvi or Setoguchi if I had to chose. My favorite would be Stewart based on past success, because age isn't a factor between them (all are 24, Paajarvi is 21).
    I really hope your kidding right now. Bobby Ryan would absolutely explode with Sid. Every year he has been in the NHL he has been over 30 goals. Also look at his numbers while in juniors. The guy is a goal scorer. Also he is 6'2 over 200lbs. That is exactly the kind of player who would be perfect with Sid. He is the same age as Neal, same size as Neal and has scored over 20 goals a season and costs the same as Neal does. I dont understand how Ryan isnt the kind of player we are looking for. Also Bobby Ryan is 25 years old and is under contract for this year and 2 more after that. Also he would be at his max Salary hit at just over $5M a year. Also take a look at the numbers of the guys you suggested. Setoguchi would be good option but Ryan would be the #1 guy on my list and Im sure others as well.

vCash
    I really hope your kidding right now. Bobby Ryan would absolutely explode with Sid. Every year he has been in the NHL he has been over 30 goals. Also look at his numbers while in juniors. The guy is a goal scorer. Also he is 6'2 over 200lbs. That is exactly the kind of player who would be perfect with Sid. He is the same age as Neal, same size as Neal and has scored over 20 goals a season and costs the same as Neal does. I dont understand how Ryan isnt the kind of player we are looking for. Also Bobby Ryan is 25 years old and is under contract for this year and 2 more after that. Also he would be at his max Salary hit at just over $5M a year. Also take a look at the numbers of the guys you suggested. Setoguchi would be good option but Ryan would be the #1 guy on my list and Im sure others as well.
    Him as a player would be perfect, but since he has a crazy asking price, we probably can't get him. It would probably take a D prospect and a pick for either Stewart or Setoguchi, while it would take like a top forward and D prospect, 1st round pick and a roster player or 2 to get Ryan. Not worth it. I'd be ALMOST willing to trade Bennett for Ryan, but I would rather not. It would probably take something like:

Bennett, Morrow/Harington/Dumoulin, Kennedy, Jeffery and a 1st for Ryan

Would you be willing to do that? I wouldn't, that is, unless they take one of our D prospects other than Morrow. Even then, I still don't want to trade Bennett.

vCash
    BREAKING NEWS: The #Pens management have contacted Andrei Kostitsyn's agent to discuss possible expectations. No offer yet but interest yes.

vCash
    Him as a player would be perfect, but since he has a crazy asking price, we probably can't get him. It would probably take a D prospect and a pick for either Stewart or Setoguchi, while it would take like a top forward and D prospect, 1st round pick and a roster player or 2 to get Ryan. Not worth it. I'd be ALMOST willing to trade Bennett for Ryan, but I would rather not. It would probably take something like:

Bennett, Morrow/Harington/Dumoulin, Kennedy, Jeffery and a 1st for Ryan

Would you be willing to do that? I wouldn't, that is, unless they take one of our D prospects other than Morrow. Even then, I still don't want to trade Bennett.
    He has said he doesnt like going to the rink in Anaheim anymore. So it sounds like he doesnt want to be there anymore. So if the Pens would package around the same that NYR offered for Rick Nash. I dont know what Anaheim's needs are but if we offer Kennedy, Bennett, Harrington and a 1st I think that would be pretty close to get Ryan. If they want to take Martin as well then bonus.

vCash
    I was just looking at Anaheim and they have Devante Smith-Pelly coming up or Emerson Etem who I think is NHL ready to fill in for Bobby Ryan. So the ducks I think would be looking for a few young Dmen. Which we have an abundance of and maybe a third line winger that can produce offensively (Kennedy) and maybe a good reliable 4th line center who can win faceoffs (Jeffery) and if we throw a 1st rounder at them I think they will accept it. So I would be ok with sending Harrington, Bortuzzo, Kennedy, Jeffery/ Vitale and a first rounder to Anaheim for Ryan.

vCash
    Speaking of Emerson Etem why did we pass on him and pick Beau Bennett instead to be Sid's potential winger of the future? Take a look at what Emerson Etem did in junior this last year. Not saying that will convert into goals in the NHL but its exciting to know he can score goals. I think Beau will turn out to be a legit goal scorer but i dont think he will score the amount of goals that Emerson will score.

vCash
    Speaking of Emerson Etem why did we pass on him and pick Beau Bennett instead to be Sid's potential winger of the future? Take a look at what Emerson Etem did in junior this last year. Not saying that will convert into goals in the NHL but its exciting to know he can score goals. I think Beau will turn out to be a legit goal scorer but i dont think he will score the amount of goals that Emerson will score.
    We also passed on Kuznetsov :cry:

vCash
    We also passed on Kuznetsov :cry:
    Wow and Quinton Howden. Man I hate looking back at previous drafts and seeing who we all passed on. Drafted Jordan Staal. Passed on Jonathon Toews and Claude Giroux.

vCash
    OMG in Be a Pro in NHL 13, there is a trade request button. Yes, I hate always being drafted by the Blue Jackets. Every time, the Blue Jackets pick me. It is torture.

But on a more related topic, I don't really know if I want Doan at this point. There are so many better options out there, and we could easily get a player that is only a little worse than Doan for 1/5 of the money. Would you rather pay Knuble a max of $1.5 million or pay Doan $7.5 million?
    Last edited by pens18-71-14; 08-02-2012 at 05:12 PM.

Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast