Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Tk is one of ky favorite pens man don't worry if ur is here he will have a good year

vCash
    I just dont like his game. He's not an impact player and hes goofy. He might be better in a different system. Idk

vCash
    I was watching that documentary on the Pens cup win in 2009, and I realized that they are missing 3 things, grit, a power play QB, and Billy G.

In that playoff, Malkin had a lot of crunching hits, and he fought Zetterberg. There were so many fights/hits/scrums, and it helped the Pens. The only players with grit that the Pens have are Vitale, Orpik, Adams and Cooke. On that Pens team, they had Cooke, Guerin, Orpik, Talbot, Kunitz (doesn't hit anymore), Fedotenko, Adams, Scuderi and Gill. The Pens revolve too much around scoring, just like the Caps in previous years. They need to get back to the gritty ways, because it helps them win.

Believe it or not, Kris Letang is no Sergei Gonchar. We need a bomb from the point. I thought a good plan would have been Garrison, Souray or Salo, but they are all gone. Letang should be playing the left half-boards to shoot one-timers and to feed someone with a bomb. Letang is a better 2 way D than Gonchar, but he will never be able to run the PP like Gonch did.

We need another Billy G, a big body that can play along Sid that can park his a$s in front of the net and screen the goalie. I don't want a scorer like Semin on Sid's wing, I want someone like Doan or Knuble. Someone that is a calm veteran that can help the team out.

vCash
    Just got this idea. I don't know if Burns is on the block or not though.

Burns for Despres, Kennedy, a 4th round pick and a 1st round pick (close to the Burns deal as last year)

I really like that last deal. It gives Sharks a top prospect and 2 more picks with a roster player. We get a top D to play with Letang. Sharks currently have the worst prospect pool in the NHL, so any picks/prospects should be good. I think that deal could really help out both teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
    I was watching that documentary on the Pens cup win in 2009, and I realized that they are missing 3 things, grit, a power play QB, and Billy G.

In that playoff, Malkin had a lot of crunching hits, and he fought Zetterberg. There were so many fights/hits/scrums, and it helped the Pens. The only players with grit that the Pens have are Vitale, Orpik, Adams and Cooke. On that Pens team, they had Cooke, Guerin, Orpik, Talbot, Kunitz (doesn't hit anymore), Fedotenko, Adams, Scuderi and Gill. The Pens revolve too much around scoring, just like the Caps in previous years. They need to get back to the gritty ways, because it helps them win.

Believe it or not, Kris Letang is no Sergei Gonchar. We need a bomb from the point. I thought a good plan would have been Garrison, Souray or Salo, but they are all gone. Letang should be playing the left half-boards to shoot one-timers and to feed someone with a bomb. Letang is a better 2 way D than Gonchar, but he will never be able to run the PP like Gonch did.

We need another Billy G, a big body that can play along Sid that can park his a$s in front of the net and screen the goalie. I don't want a scorer like Semin on Sid's wing, I want someone like Doan or Knuble. Someone that is a calm veteran that can help the team out.
    I agree with you. The guy I was thinking for to be a QB on the point would be a guy like Foster. Plus he is big. The only bad thing to him is he is a bit injury prone. But he has a wicked bomb from the point plus he is big and plays a physical game. Also Orpik doesnt hit anymore either. He tries to go for the hit but he is often to slow to connect with someone who he is out of position. I would like us to trade him and bring in a Hannan to be a physical presence as well. He used to also QB the PP back in previous years I believe in SJ.
    Also the big body that would be like a guerin would be either a Doan or Morrow or Knuble. Frankly I would like to get 2 out of the 3 so that both Malkin and Sid can have a grinder to play with. Therefore adding more grit to both our top lines but can also produce offensively.
    I think if we were to sign Semin we would try him on the wing with Malkin and try moving Neal with Sid. Then on the other side of the wing would be Doan, Morrow or Knuble.

vCash
    Alex Semin's agent, Mark Gandler: "No question, playing in Pittsburgh would be great. Alex would love to play with either Malkin or Crosby."

-Josh Yohe

Looks like the Pens found their winger. Still, I don't think he is their greatest need. They need grit. I'd love for them to sign either Langenbrunner or Arnott, both are great veteran wingers. But, still, Crosby+Semin... That makes me shiver. They need 3 things, grit, grit and more grit. Any other gritty players in FA right now?

vCash
    First not high on semin, but right amount of money and length of contract give him a try.

Semin did come around a little under hunters system as a cap last year. He could be a great player if he works his *** off and excepts his role. he cant vanish totally for long periods of time like he has before.

As for gritt agree in a way, my definition of gritt is the willingness to work your *** off and do the dirty work in the corners and be hard to play against a sand paper aspect to your game. that is not just hitting. Hitting is a part of that but not all of it. we do need more of it.

We for sure need another billy g yes he was a big body but he could shoot to and had decent speed. he was the definition of gritty, hard to play against, leader we really do miss in pitt. Jason Arnott would be an excellent player to replace him.

Matt niskanen has an underated shot and some offensive upside for pp qb.
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
    Alex Semin's agent, Mark Gandler: "No question, playing in Pittsburgh would be great. Alex would love to play with either Malkin or Crosby."

-Josh Yohe

Looks like the Pens found their winger. Still, I don't think he is their greatest need. They need grit. I'd love for them to sign either Langenbrunner or Arnott, both are great veteran wingers. But, still, Crosby+Semin... That makes me shiver. They need 3 things, grit, grit and more grit. Any other gritty players in FA right now?
    Gritty players you ask? there are lots. Doan would be the guy I would really want from FA. The other grit I would want is from Dallas like me and another guy have been saying we could get him for cheap. He seems to be getting pushed out of Dallas. So go after Brendan Morrow and Ryan. Both players who have had their time in their appropriate teams and bring them to Pittsburgh so they can flourish with us. But if we sign Semin would we really need a Bobby Ryan? I mean I would rather take Ryan over Semin any day but it almost sounds like Semin wants to only sign in Pittsburgh.

vCash
    Semin I think will bring a good two way player to our team. He will help us score and has a good two way game. I am hoping we get him so we don't have to give up any assets in order to get a scoring winger. I think adding him will help us all around. Kunitz can move back with Crosby. I believe we should also sign Doan for the first line, or even move TK up to the first line and have him an Kunitz with Sid ( I know what your all thinking, thats crazy! Think about it? We will not over pay for a winger in a trade. So why not boost TK's stats as well as show him to be a scoring threat and build his trade value up. So by the deadline when players are available such as possibly Corey Perry who has a year left on his contract or a player such as Shea Weber if he only signed a one year deal we can use TK as a key player in the package to land a better player.) Add another grit guy for the 3rd line such as a Knuble or have Cooke and Glass with Sutter. Add some toughness to the blueline with Hannan. Then we would be in pretty good shape. We would also have enough cap space to be able to make a move or two if the CBA is up and players get released. Or if we feel we want to make a trade

vCash
    The more and more comes out it seems we where out of parise running pretty early it was down to devils and wild. My point is if this was known which it seems pretty evident that it was why didnt we move on quicker.
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    Marleau, Clowe, Pavelski, or Havlat from San Jose are apparently all available through trade. They all could be interesting options to play with Sid.

vCash
    doan would be great fit but he wont decide until the 9th and then he really wants to stay with yotes if managemtnt can give him some proof they will stay in the dessert
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbowflex1223 View Post
    Marleau, Clowe, Pavelski, or Havlat from San Jose are apparently all available through trade. They all could be interesting options to play with Sid.
    marleau and havalat would be interesting at right price. what are there contract situations
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    Havlat is a 5 million hit (3 years remaining) and Marleau is a 6.9 million cap hit (2 years left)

vCash
    not horrible as long as both can remain healthy for thr right trade i would do it
    crap whats is my name

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast