Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    must say the way this day is working out we are ****ing up big time we sit around and wait on to players to make up thier mind while every other team signs players and gets better.

we need a big rugged d-man like bryan allen yet he goes to ducks for 3.5 million. come on that is a steal.
    brad boyes 1 year 1 million come on he can score and is fast. yes he sucked recently but for a million for 30 goal potential wtf.
    penner 1 year 3.5 come on

we are standing still and doing little its time to move on from parise suter and that pipe dream they both are great players but can only sign with one team
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    Seen a report that some team has a 13 year, 100 million dollar offer to Parise. Also Suter will likely command 10 years at approximately 7 million per year.

I also though I'd seen someone say the Flyers have offered Parise and Suter a combined 200 million but I can't find that tweet anymore.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    I'm okay not making any huge moves today or really at all for that matter. Sure I would like to get Parise and/or Suter but take a step back and think about it.

Both are going to command a lot of money and a lot of years. If Shero thinks he can work them in under the cap, by all means go for it. What I don't want to see however, is us in a bidding war, being stuck paying a huge amount to a guy when he is 38 or so. Leave that nightmare to other teams.

Also, think about it this way. This team, essentially the same except for a few pieces, finished 4th in the conference, narrowly missing the 1st seed by a few points. Take that same team, replace Staal with Sutter, replace Johnson with Vokoun, and add in Crosby. I will take those additions and subtractions and like our chances

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burgh_fan66 View Post
    Seen a report that some team has a 13 year, 100 million dollar offer to Parise. Also Suter will likely command 10 years at approximately 7 million per year.

I also though I'd seen someone say the Flyers have offered Parise and Suter a combined 200 million but I can't find that tweet anymore.
    one of the guys on nhl network said it was bob mekenzie said it was over 200 million combined.
    Last edited by t2a2e9j12; 07-01-2012 at 09:36 PM.
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk27 View Post
    I'm okay not making any huge moves today or really at all for that matter. Sure I would like to get Parise and/or Suter but take a step back and think about it.

Both are going to command a lot of money and a lot of years. If Shero thinks he can work them in under the cap, by all means go for it. What I don't want to see however, is us in a bidding war, being stuck paying a huge amount to a guy when he is 38 or so. Leave that nightmare to other teams.

Also, think about it this way. This team, essentially the same except for a few pieces, finished 4th in the conference, narrowly missing the 1st seed by a few points. Take that same team, replace Staal with Sutter, replace Johnson with Vokoun, and add in Crosby. I will take those additions and subtractions and like our chances
    i am ok with not making big mioves also in fact in favor of it.

yes this team finnished 4th in conference but the last few weaks and playoffs are weaknesses really were exploited by teams. Defense was horrible and we did have crosby for last few weeks and playoffs and we stunk it up. We lost are best defensive d man in Z and our shut down center making the D weaker our play on d and grittyness, leadership, checking, defensive zone play and positioning, clearing front of net and rebounds. we can score but cant stop any one else from scoring. The other teams are getting better and we are standing still or going back wards. We have cap room and glaring weaknesses that could be addressed easily instead we wait on players. This is the problem. we could very easily fall back remember the flyers were right behind us, devils went to cup, rangers were number one in east, boston will be good capitals, canediens, lighting, canes, isles, sabers, leafs, sens have all gotten alot better so far we have not.
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    I may be taking our inactivity too lightly but I really think that even if we miss out on both Suter and Parise, we will be alright.

I'll be the first to admit that the Flyers deserved to win the series but that being said, we played the worst we had all season, especially the defense and PK. Yes the playoff games were awful but the first 82 are far more indicative of how good this team can be when the defense actually shows up

vCash
    Parise has been linked to basically everyone at this point but from what I'm seeing it is believed the list is down to the Penguins, Flyers, Red Wings, Wild and Devils.

vCash
    I want Parise but as long as he dont go to philly im good

vCash
    Some idiot on twitter is saying that Parise to the Pens is done already. Hockeyy insiderr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins2946:22747741
    Some idiot on twitter is saying that Parise to the Pens is done already. Hockeyy insiderr
    Isn't that a good thing

vCash
    Must have missed something but it looks like the Pens resigned Steve MacIntyre

Steve MacIntyre ‏@Smacker33

Thanks to the pens organization for bringing my family and I back for another couple years!

vCash
    No news on Parise but there are some reports that it is down to the Wild and Penguins.

vCash
    Josh Yohe ‏@JoshYohe_Trib
    "Just had a very good source tell me that Parise is itching to play in Pittsburgh, but he isn't sure if he is ready to leave New Jersey."

vCash
    The New York Mets beat reported says Parise is coming to Pittsburgh. Why he would know is beyond me.

vCash
    Regardless of how he knows it appears he is going to be right.

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast