Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IversonIsKrazy View Post
    Kaman or Camby?
    Tough one. Camby provides blocking/solid interior defense/rebounding. All the areas we need help in.

Kaman is younger, can do work in the post and has a nice mid range shot.

I think (especially if Lorbek is coming over) that Camby might fit what we need better than Kaman, despite Camby's age being a factor.

vCash
    I'd agree with kdspurman's assessment. Camby may be cheaper, too.

vCash
    I dunno how Camby is going to get playing time with Duncan and Splitter here. He can't play with either of them, and unless the Spurs trade Splitter he's going to be the third string center. Same problem with Kaman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    no offense but the Spurs are freakin' communists bro. They should get with Stern's capitalist agenda like NOW

vCash
    Bass at 6.5 per year!! How are we not able to move Blairs tiny contract? I really wonder how much the spurs tried to move it. Because even if he is worse than Bass, he makes 1/6 less and is less of a commitment.

Even if they aren't perfect fits, I would take Camby and Kaman the MLE or less than Bass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giraffes Rule View Post
    I dunno how Camby is going to get playing time with Duncan and Splitter here. He can't play with either of them, and unless the Spurs trade Splitter he's going to be the third string center. Same problem with Kaman.
    I can see this happening, especially since his price tag will go up next year. But not sure.

I do think Camby would be someone to add as insurance however, and maybe even allow Tim to go back to playing the 4 at times depending on the match up too. There's nothing wrong with having too many big's. I think a guy like Camby could be 3rd string and come in and give 15-18 mpg.

The big ?'s are still Bonner/Blair and whether or not Diaw is resigning or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tttmikeb View Post
    I'd agree with kdspurman's assessment. Camby may be cheaper, too.
    Most definitely a factor too.

vCash
    Elton Brand for the vet min? I would do it. Doesn't add athleticism to the front line but does add strength, depth, and production.

vCash
    Apparently, SA is looking for a more physical 5.

http://www.esport3.cat/noticia/17953...-Antonio-Spurs

Translation- "According Lorbek, the Spurs' first choice right now is a more physical center that plays 5"

Doesn't make much sense, unless it means Splitter is being moved? There aren't many physical 5's available now on the market.

vCash
    Report: Spurs looking for center before negotiating with Lorbek

Written by Paul Garcia | 06 July 2012

From what we last heard of Erazem Lorbek's situation regarding a possible future between him and the San Antonio Spurs, Lorbek's agent said Lorbek couldn't speak with the Spurs until July 1. Well, five days into free agency, Lorbek has already received an offer from CSKA Moscow, and even an offer from his former team, FCB Regal to re-sign, but his future with the Spurs is still uncertain.

According to ESport3.cat, Lorbek said the Spurs' first priority is to target a physical center before continuing negotiations with the Slovenian.

According Lorbek, the Spurs' first choice right now is a more physical center that plays 5.

This makes a lot of sense since names like Marcus Camby and Chris Kaman have surfaced five days into free agency on the Spurs' list. The team is still working on re-signing Tim Duncan, but outside of that, there's been little mention of whether or not they've begun renegotiating with Boris Diaw
    http://projectspurs.com/

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

"No flash, No gimmicks. It's the quiet guys you should fear."

vCash
    Spurs' Green wouldn't mind playing for Celtics

Written by Kyle Boenitz | 06 July 2012

Danny Green was essential to the San Antonio Spurs last season. He played in every game and started more than half of them. While he put up some rather inconsistent numbers, he filled a solid role that the Spurs needed and he came a long way in his development this year. He started the season as one of the last guys on the bench and worked his way into the starting lineup and played more than 20 minutes a game in the playoffs (that number would be even higher but he didn’t match up well against the Thunder).

He’s a restricted free agent now and the Spurs will most likely match any offer that he gets. recall the report that the Celtics were targeting Green and when asked about the possibility of playing for Boston by our friends at Red's Army, he says he wouldn’t mind playing for the organization.

“They’re a winning organization, and I wouldn’t mind playing for another winning organization. Of course San Antonio is my number 1 so hopefully they come through. [They've] got a lot of veterans… Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce. San Antonio is the same with Tony, Manu and Timmy. They’re a winning organization. They’re tough every year and a championship contender.”

The Celtics, like the Spurs or the Lakers are a team that draws in players just because of the tradition of the franchise.
    http://projectspurs.com/

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    One-on-one with Sixers' Elton Brand: Talking Tim Duncan

Written by Jeff Garcia | 03 July 2012

NEW YORK CITY - They are two of the more established forwards in the NBA - San Antonio Spurs' Tim Duncan and Philadelphia 76ers' Elton Brand.

Both have left their imprint on the NBA and had many battles on the court whenever the two faced each other throughout their careers. Whether it be in the NBA or at college when Wake Forest faced Duke, these two players have always brought professionalism and their best game whenever they stepped on to the court.

While covering the Steve Nash charity soccer event, I got a chance to talk with Brand one-on-one about Duncan and to no surprise, Brand had nothing but great things to say about Duncan.

Jeff (Project Spurs): Talk about your on-the-court battles with Duncan.

Elton: Yeah it's been a long time. He's definitely got the best of our individual matchups because he's won the championships but seeing him at Wake Forest, I was two years behind when I was at Duke but he went on to play with the Spurs and win the championships. It's good to see him still out there playing.

Because you know the difference between your body at 21 and 35. It's a big difference. But to still be able to compete with the young guys, it's a lot of fun.

Jeff: What did you think about his performance this past season?

Elton: It was amazing! I wish they would have won it (NBA title) in the Western Conference Finals but he was awesome.

Jeff: When you look back on your battles with Duncan, whether it be in the NBA or college, what would be your most memorable?

Elton: I would say in the regular season when I was with the Clippers. We were really hot, and it was a big matchup, they were number one and we really took it to them (Spurs). I think that's my favorite matchup.

Jeff: What would you say about his game that people don't know about?

Elton: Just the work that he puts in. He is left hand, right hand, dunk. He's called "The Big Fundamental" but just the work that he's put in. I've had the privilege to be around him during one of the U.S. Basketball teams and seeing how much work he puts in and how seriously he takes his craft is amazing.

Jeff: You looking forward to teaching the new crop of big man coming into the NBA next season?

Elton: (smiling) Oh yeah! Well let them watch. I'm not teaching them, they got to learn.

http://projectspurs.com/Page-2.html
    Last edited by AlexTmz2; 07-06-2012 at 02:40 PM.

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    ^ Nice interview with Brand before he was amnestied.

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    Chris Tomasson: In addition to Heat, source says Marcus Camby will meet with New York. San San Antonio and Dallas also on his list. Twitter

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/san_antonio_spurs

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    I hope we try to get Brand since the Sixers are going to release him
    Fans Of:
    Saints,Redskins, Spurs,Detroit Tigers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FaM0us Skins View Post
    I hope we try to get Brand since the Sixers are going to release him
    He's not relesed, got amnestied and I'm sure some other team will put a bid on him before we're able to. I wouldn't mind him on the Spurs though
    Quote of the playoffs "Penetration always leads to something good"

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast