Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency:

vCash
    Doesn't matter. Batum is restricted. That means that Portland can match any offer. So even if we did offer Batum our entire MLE, Portland would resign him in a heartbeat to that deal. This conversation has always been a mute point, and it is a little ridiculous that writers have continued the discussion.

vCash
    Should the Jazz and Spurs starting talking trade?

Written by Trevor Zickgraf | 02 July 2012

One thing we know for sure about the San Antonio Spurs' offseason is that the team will re-sign Tim Duncan sometime on or shortly after July 11th. After that, the Spurs' offseason is a bit of a crap shoot. They have a couple of guys, Danny Green and Boris Diaw that we presume they'd like re-sign and a couple of European players, Nando De Colo and Erazem Lorbek, who reportedly would like to come state side next season. That's four players and not a ton of money or roster space for all of them. There's also news out of Utah, where Danny Green thinks he'd be a good fit, that Jazz forward Paul Millsap is looking for a contract extension. This leads me to wonder if Utah would be interested in discussing some sort of swap involving Millsap if they thought Green was their shooting guard in the future.

Let's be clear, Millsap and Green are not equal players. Millsap is a near All-Star who is in the prime of his career. Utah is sure to re-sign him, right? Maybe not because Utah already has two big men in Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter that could end up being better than Millsap (Favors maybe even next season). Woudln't Utah rather trade Millsap to improve their team in other ways? The Spurs don't want to lose Green, but if Utah offers him $4 or $5 million a year should the Spurs match? Wouldn't make more sense to engage Utah in a sign and trade package revolving around Millsap. Utah needs some reliable shooters badly. Would a Danny Green, Matt Bonner and future first round pick be enough for Millsap? Bonner would be more useful to Utah than most because he could play with Favors, Kanter and Al Jefferson and Green would provide perimeter shooting and defense that Utah just didn't have last season.
    http://projectspurs.com/

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

"No flash, No gimmicks. It's the quiet guys you should fear."

vCash
    With the Williams trade, I am unsure how much more they are willing to spend on Green. If we offer Bonner, we may need to also take back Bell. If that is the case, Green's contract may not be enough. This was an interesting thought but highly unlikely since, I am not sure how the brass feels about Millsap. And why would people bash Blair but desire Millsap who is exactly 1 inch taller and has the same standing reach? Anyways, maybe a three way with Blair going to GS, if that is what they really wanted. Still unsure if this is what I would want. Need to think about it more.

vCash
    From Danny Green's twitter account...

"SA, I'm Back..."

vCash
    ^ I wouldn't count that as a signing yet, I'd prefer it though.
    Quote of the playoffs "Penetration always leads to something good"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asomen View Post
    From Danny Green's twitter account...

"SA, I'm Back..."
    Followed on his account by:

Danny Green ‏@DGreen_14
    No news yet, jus visiting lol

vCash
    how about mcgee, can we afford him?

and for back up PG, Goran Dragic? if too expensive how about Farmar?
    Last edited by zappist; 07-02-2012 at 11:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zappist View Post

no, no, and no

Spurs don't have money for them and I don't see them taking the minimum. After Duncan signs we'll only have the mle and vet min to sign players and I see all those guys asking for more than we'd give
    Quote of the playoffs "Penetration always leads to something good"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zappist View Post

McGee is going to be matched for big money, since Denver traded Nene for him. They won't let him go for the MLE.

Dragic is looking for roughly 10 million and a starting gig. Neither of which we have to offer.

Farmar is a real possibility. supposedly ATL is looking to buy him out. After a good couple of paychecks maybe he takes the vet min. However, he is young and a solid player so he will probably want some decent pay. I would love to have him though.

vCash
    Yeah someone is gonna pay McGee a lot, and Dragic is gonna get like 7-9 million. Farmar, Calderon, and Hinrich are probably more realistic options for the back up point guard spot (though I'm not super enthusiastic about any of those guys).

I like that article earlier suggesting the Spurs turn Green into a sign and trade. If they can work one with either the Jazz or Celtics (both of them want Green) they could turn Green into Millsap or Brandon Bass. Spurs would have to send more salary than just green, but it would be the best way to acquire a proven power forward right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    no offense but the Spurs are freakin' communists bro. They should get with Stern's capitalist agenda like NOW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giraffes Rule View Post
    Yeah someone is gonna pay McGee a lot, and Dragic is gonna get like 7-9 million. Farmar, Calderon, and Hinrich are probably more realistic options for the back up point guard spot (though I'm not super enthusiastic about any of those guys).

I like that article earlier suggesting the Spurs turn Green into a sign and trade. If they can work one with either the Jazz or Celtics (both of them want Green) they could turn Green into Millsap or Brandon Bass. Spurs would have to send more salary than just green, but it would be the best way to acquire a proven power forward right now.
    If we sign a back-up for Parker I hope we sign Hinrich. He's a good PG with a high basketball IQ. I prefer him over Calderon or Farmar
    Fans Of:
    Saints,Redskins, Spurs,Detroit Tigers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FaM0us Skins View Post
    If we sign a back-up for Parker I hope we sign Hinrich. He's a good PG with a high basketball IQ. I prefer him over Calderon or Farmar
    I agree, but there is a pretty high liklihood of him heading to Chicago. They really want him and he is a fan of the city so I think we would have to offer a fair ammount more to lure him away.

vCash
    Nando De Colo is in San Antonio to undergo physical tests as part of its contract negotiations with the Spurs. Back on (July) 6. Twitter
    http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/san_antonio_spurs

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    Marc J. Spears: HOU C Marcus Camby's updated free agent list: HOU,DAL,SA,MIA,NY & BK. Camby still likes HOU, but not waiting on Asik's situation to conclude Twitter
    http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/san_antonio_spurs

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benjirh View Post
    I agree, but there is a pretty high liklihood of him heading to Chicago. They really want him and he is a fan of the city so I think we would have to offer a fair ammount more to lure him away.
    Yeah he's more than likely returning to the Bulls
    Fans Of:
    Saints,Redskins, Spurs,Detroit Tigers

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast