Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Free Agency:

vCash
    Dejuan Blair killing it in the gym
    Written by Jeff Garcia

San Antonio Spurs' Stephen Jackson says he doesn't work out much in the offseason but DeJuan Blair sure does.

Blair, who has been criticized for his fluctuating weight, seems to have been hitting the gym hard in anticipation of the upcoming season. Not to mention it is a contract season for Blair which also serves as extra motivation to earn a contract extension with San Antonio or any other team looking to trade for him.

They say a picture if worth a thousand words so check out Blair looking quite fit.

I know this doesn't have to do with anything regarding free agency, but check these pictures out from Blair. He looks really cut/thin (no homo!) and it looks like he's dedicating a lot of work this offseason. Plus, this is a contract extension year for him. Great to see the big fella going HAM!

http://www.projectspurs.com/2012-art...n-the-gym.html

PICS ^
    PICS ^
    Last edited by AlexTmz2; 09-27-2012 at 08:56 PM.

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

"No flash, No gimmicks. It's the quiet guys you should fear."

vCash
    The San Antonio Spurs today announced the addition of four players to their 2012-13 training camp roster.
    By Josh Guyer

SAN ANTONIO (Sept. 27, 2012) – The San Antonio Spurs today announced the addition of four players to their 2012-13 training camp roster.

The Spurs current roster stands at 18 players, and includes the additions of forwards Derrick Brown, Josh Powell, Tyler Wilkerson and Wesley Witherspoon (updated roster below and attached).

Brown (6-8, 233) spent the 2011-12 season playing for the Charlotte Bobcats. He appeared in 65 games, averaging 8.1 points and 3.6 rebounds in 22.2 minutes while shooting .518 (212-409) from the field. A three-year NBA veteran, Brown was selected by the Bobcats with 40th overall pick in the 2009 NBA Draft. Midway through the 2010-11 season he was traded to the New York Knicks. For his career, Brown has appeared in 171 games, averaging 5.2 points and 2.4 rebounds in 14.9 minutes.

Powell (6-9, 240) spent the past season playing in China, Switzerland and most recently in Puerto Rico with the Guayama Wizards. In 14 games with the Wizards, he averaged 16.1 points, 9.2 rebounds and 1.3 blocks. A six-year NBA veteran, Powell last played in the NBA with the Atlanta Hawks during the 2010-11 season, averaging 4.1 points and 2.5 rebounds in 12.1 minutes. Powell won two NBA Championships with the L.A. Lakers in 2009 and 2010. He’s also seen action with the Dallas Mavericks (2005-06), Indiana Pacers (2006-07), Golden State Warriors (2006-07) and L.A. Clippers (2007-08). For his career, Powell’s appeared in 315 NBA games, averaging 3.9 points and 2.9 rebounds in 12.5 minutes.

Wilkerson was on the Spurs 2012 Vegas Summer League team. He appeared in four games, averaging 9.3 points and 5.0 rebounds in 20.8 minutes while shooting .750 (15-20) from the field. A 6-8, 240 pound forward out of Marshall University, Wilkerson spent the past two seasons playing for Maccabi Haifa in Israel. Last season he appeared in 20 games, averaging 16.6 points, 6.7 rebounds and 1.0 assist in 28 minutes. Wilkerson was also a member of the Spurs 2010 Summer League team, where he averaged 11.0 points, 6.6 rebounds and 1.9 steals in 24.1 minutes in five games.

Witherspoon (6-9, 212) is coming off his senior year at the University of Memphis where he helped lead the Tigers to the second round of the NCAA Tournament. In four seasons with the Tigers, Witherspoon appeared in 121 games, averaging 8.2 points and 3.7 rebounds in 21.0 minutes. As a junior he was named to the All-Conference USA third team and was the Conference USA Sixth Man of the Year in 2008-09.

The Spurs will hold their annual media day on Monday, Oct. 1 beginning at 1 p.m. at the team’s practice facility. Training camp begins Tuesday, Oct. 2.

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2012/...ng-camp-roster

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexTmz2 View Post
    Dejuan Blair killing it in the gym
    Written by Jeff Garcia

I know this doesn't have to do with anything regarding free agency, but check these pictures out from Blair. He looks really cut/thin (no homo!) and it looks like he's dedicating a lot of work this offseason. Plus, this is a contract extension year for him. Great to see the big fella going HAM!

http://www.projectspurs.com/2012-art...n-the-gym.html

PICS ^
    PICS ^
    Wow glad he's taking his body serious this summer. He needs to. Contract year for him, he's gotta really show up this year. It's what
    s best for him and the team.

I might have to kill the fat jokes on him though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Wow glad he's taking his body serious this summer. He needs to. Contract year for him, he's gotta really show up this year. It's what
    s best for him and the team.

I might have to kill the fat jokes on him though.

Starting slimmer is the norm..as is reverting right back to flabalanche into the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Axegrinder View Post
    Starting slimmer is the norm..as is reverting right back to flabalanche into the season.
    Contract year for him, I'm hoping he maintains it and stays away from Taco Cabana.... We can transfer all fat jokes to Diaw if necessary

vCash
    Spurs signed Eddy Curry.... discuss?
    Top 10 Rappers Right Now
    1. Nas
    2. Kendrick Lamar
    3. Jay-Z
    4. J Cole
    5. Lupe Fiasco
    6. Common
    7. Eminem
    8. Kanye West
    9. Pusha-T
    10. Slaughterhouse (Royce, Crooked I, Joe Budden)

Top 10 Rappers of all-time
    1. 2Pac
    2. Nas
    3. Rakim
    4. Notorious B.I.G.
    5. Jay-Z
    6. Eminem
    7. KRS-One
    8. Public Enemy (Chuck D)
    9. Common
    10. Ice Cube

Follow me, @bharjan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IversonIsKrazy View Post
    Spurs signed Eddy Curry.... discuss?
    Some of this conversation is over in the training camp thread, but it doesn't feel like a big deal to me yet. It is just for camp, so I won't have any real feelings about it until he gets a longer contract. I am fine with him, we are really talking about a position that won't see the court at all. Especially with the bigs we have still being worthy of their share of minutes.

vCash
    Spurs keeping tabs on Marcus Denmon
    Written by Jeff Garcia

San Antonio Spurs 2012 NBA Draft pick Marcus Denmon is currently playing with French squad Chalon-Elan and is playing quite well. In a few friendly matches, Denmon is averaging 16.7 points leading the team in scoring.

But he is still a work in progress and the Spurs are closely watching his development on the court according to Chalon coach Beugnot Gregor via French site Le Journal .

"The Spurs also called last week. They are very sensitive to what is done with him. He is a real project for them. Marcus has already progressed in aggression, especially on pick and rolls. As a leader, it's starting to come. He begins to see the game, to focus on the weaknesses of the opponent. Over time, it will become natural. He still lacks that confidence.”
    The biggest hurdle for Denmon is something he cannot control - his height. He is a bit undersized for a shooting guard at 6-3 and would be a small point guard for NBA standards.

However, the report goes on to state the Spurs want Denmon to learn both guard positions which should help his effectiveness should he ever make it to the NBA.

There was no way Marcus was going to get any playing time with the Spurs with the amount of guards currently on the roster. Playing professionally overseas should help his development and it seems he is well on his way to improving his game with Chalon.

http://www.projectspurs.com/2012-art...us-denmon.html

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    Rumors are that Gino is most likely getting an extension. Not thrilled about this, but it is what it is. I am sure people are going to rip me but I just feel that the money he will make would be beneficial elsewhere. I just really don't know how long he can be reliable. And it feels as though we can either expect to have him for the season or for the playoffs, but both seems out of the question. Don't get me wrong, I want him back, but I don't love the idea of setting his value. I would rather someone else do that.

Also sounds like Jax wants an extension. I doubt it happens, but if they really think the next two years are key, I wouldn't be surprised if they keep him (assuming the price is right) and try to win it all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benjirh View Post
    Rumors are that Gino is most likely getting an extension. Not thrilled about this, but it is what it is. I am sure people are going to rip me but I just feel that the money he will make would be beneficial elsewhere. I just really don't know how long he can be reliable. And it feels as though we can either expect to have him for the season or for the playoffs, but both seems out of the question. Don't get me wrong, I want him back, but I don't love the idea of setting his value. I would rather someone else do that.

Also sounds like Jax wants an extension. I doubt it happens, but if they really think the next two years are key, I wouldn't be surprised if they keep him (assuming the price is right) and try to win it all.
    I know Ginobili said if he plays again it won't be anywhere but San Antonio, but if someone else sets the market for him he could still get 10+ million. Shooting Guard is a very thing position, and some team woud likely be willing to give much more than what they could potentially extend him for now. I don't mind if they extend him.

Jackson always wants an extension. I'd rather let him play out this year and let him go before he burns bridges here too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    no offense but the Spurs are freakin' communists bro. They should get with Stern's capitalist agenda like NOW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benjirh View Post

I saw that too, and I don't how soon something like this could happen.. From what I saw from a credible poster on Spurstalk

"The only reason the Spurs haven't extended Ginobili already is that they can't extend him prior to April 9th (as stipulated in the CBA -- they have to wait three years from the prior extension to extend him again). Once April 9th comes and Ginobili is reasonably healthy and there's no reason for him to want to hang it up, I fully expect he signs a two-year extension between $14M and $16M."
    So if some chance Manu is hurt around that time, it's very possible it doesn't happen. It's also worth noting Timmy took less money where he could've arguably gotten a little more which could ultimately help contribute to something like this if it happens.

vCash
    Marcus Denmon broke his 5th metatarsal..supposedly no surgery, but we all saw what happened to JA and Roddy Buckets etc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    I saw that too, and I don't how soon something like this could happen.. From what I saw from a credible poster on Spurstalk

So if some chance Manu is hurt around that time, it's very possible it doesn't happen. It's also worth noting Timmy took less money where he could've arguably gotten a little more which could ultimately help contribute to something like this if it happens.
    Apparently if Manu gets extended he can't take more than a 7.5% pay cut. I changed my mind, I'd rather let him go to free agency and bank on him not wanting to go anywhere else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    no offense but the Spurs are freakin' communists bro. They should get with Stern's capitalist agenda like NOW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giraffes Rule View Post
    Apparently if Manu gets extended he can't take more than a 7.5% pay cut. I changed my mind, I'd rather let him go to free agency and bank on him not wanting to go anywhere else.
    Come to the dark side!

I love Gino and I want him to finish here, but I don't want to pay him 16mil over the next two years, and definitely not 12mil next year.

I actually did some digging and here are some updated info on Gino's situation.

on the 7.5:
    A contract cannot decrease by more than 7.5% each year. However that is based off of an initial year amount. So technically Gino will be getting a new contract deal since this years salary is already established. So he can sign for any amount this coming year and any subsequent years can only decrease by 7.5%.

on the 3yr anniversary:
    I am unsure how to read this one. Technically there is a 3yr wait from signed extension, but what if the extension isn't for 4 years? How can you wait three years to extend if you are coming off of a two year extension? So I believe this is right, but I wonder if this is different since he is in the final year of his deal. Just curious.

Over-36 rule:
    Here is a rule that could affect Gino. Because the NBA assumes that people will eventually retire, players who get extensions/salaries that go beyond the age of 36 get factored differently in cap, basically money for later years gets calculated during actual played years. However, this may only be for four year contract extensions, so I am not completely sure that it will apply here.

Got all this info from Coon. Great site. No matter what, Gino is probably going to cost us. That was part of my point is that if we re-sign Gino for 2 yrs, then why not keep Jax around. We have no money and we are sticking with consistency, so giving him 2 more years at a reasonable deal doesn't bother me. All these changes still makes me wonder how we are going to find ourselves a solid big.

vCash
    Julian Mozo: #NBA A little bird from San Antonio tells me the Spurs are seriously considering extending Manu Ginobili's contract this season. Twitter @JulianMozo
    http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/san_antonio_spurs

^

(During NBA lockout)

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast