Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency:

vCash
    Marc J. Spears: Spurs Tim Duncan having good contractual talks with SA about re-signing & its very unlikely he will consider another team, sources told Y! TwitterAlways good to hear
    Quote of the playoffs "Penetration always leads to something good"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TRF929 View Post
    Marc J. Spears: Spurs Tim Duncan having good contractual talks with SA about re-signing & its very unlikely he will consider another team, sources told Y! Twitter

Always good to hear
    LOL. Obvious much. Very unlikely? LOL.

vCash
    NO JOSH HOWARD, PLEASE... id take green, howard didnt choose us last yr, he is always injured, he's quite inconsistent, he played poorly last playoffs against us with the Jazz.

Camby is quite old, but Ilyasova is quite small, any of them is cool

vCash
    Though Danny Green is determined to explore other options during the free-agency process, he says he would like to return to the Spurs. “I really do like San Antonio,” Green said. “Hopefully, they have faith in me and will do what they need to do to bring me back.” The Spurs have made an offer.
    San Antonio Express-News

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

"No flash, No gimmicks. It's the quiet guys you should fear."

vCash
    Though he's 38 years old, Camby was able to play in 59 of 66 games in this past shortened season, where he began with the Portland Trailblazers and ended with the Rockets, when he was traded late in the season. This past season, Camby was still able to put up some good defensive numbers as he averaged 9 rebounds and 1.4 blocks between both teams in roughly 22 minutes a night. In 19 games with the Rockets, he was also averaging 7.1 points per game.

For the Spurs, it's understandable to see why they have interest in Camby. In times when Tim Duncan went to the bench against the Oklahoma City Thunder in the Western Conference Finals, the paint seemed to be wide open as the Thunder began to attack the relentlessly because only Tiago Splitter, Boris Diaw, Matt Bonner, or DeJuan Blair were the protectors.
    http://projectspurs.com/

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    Ilyasova would help solve the Spurs size issues. The 6'10" power forward averaged career-highs of 13 points, 8.8 rebounds, 0.7 blocks and shot 49% from the field last season with the Bucks.

And while Ersan would help the Spurs in the middle, however, one has to wonder how this will work if reports are true Erazem Lorbek will be making his way to San Antonio.

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    I know that most people don't agree but I'm thinking that we should invest in another 2 so that we can keep Ginobili on the bench or even start him and not worry about the drop off that we witnessed this year against OKC. I was thinking we should go after Mayo or Terry. Someone reliable who can score and wouldn't get rattled. I would prefer Mayo. I think if we could do something like Mayo and Camby and sign Duncan to around 8 or 9 million a year we would be good. If Green leaves that leaves a hole on D but can be replaced. We shouldn't over pay for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redsone23 View Post
    I know that most people don't agree but I'm thinking that we should invest in another 2 so that we can keep Ginobili on the bench or even start him and not worry about the drop off that we witnessed this year against OKC. I was thinking we should go after Mayo or Terry. Someone reliable who can score and wouldn't get rattled. I would prefer Mayo. I think if we could do something like Mayo and Camby and sign Duncan to around 8 or 9 million a year we would be good. If Green leaves that leaves a hole on D but can be replaced. We shouldn't over pay for him.
    No salary cap. To get Mayo alone, we would need to renounce our rights to Mills, Neal, Green, and Blair and then re-sign Duncan for around 6 million. Then we would be far enough under the cap to offer Mayo around 7 million which could be somewhat competitive. It will also take us out of the running for Camby, Lorbek, and Diaw, unless they are willing to play for minimum contracts. Basically, no thanks.

Even Terry is out of our price range, since all we have is the MLE and in all likelihood that is going to multiple players.

vCash
    Seems like the Jazz are looking at Green. How much are you guys willing to match? Deal starting at 4-5mil? I am really unsure how I feel about Green. I love what he did for us this year, but at the same time, was that just a one year thing. Is his game progressing? Is he really a starter or just a guy who can fill in as a starter? I have lots of questions regarding him and all I can think about is guys like Travis Outlaw, Trevor Ariza, Martell Webster. Wings who were compensated well based on a year and have since underwhelmed compared to their salary. No growth. Is this Green? How do we know?

vCash
    ^ Thats a very good point. Green was M.I.A. in the OKC series and couldn't knock down the open 3. That series gave me a whole different perspective about him. Is he really worth what he's getting offerd?

It wouldn't bother me at all if he didn't re-sign with the Spurs to be honest.

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    I like Green a lot, but his skill set is not irreplaceable. He's a great hustle player, and the Spurs would miss that, but a decent defender and three point shooter isn't hard to find.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    no offense but the Spurs are freakin' communists bro. They should get with Stern's capitalist agenda like NOW

vCash
    Jonathan Feigen: For Camby issue could be timing. Has interest in Mavs, Spurs, Heat; Might not be able to wait 'til 7/14 for Bulls' Asik offer sheet decision Twitter.
    http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/san_antonio_spurs

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    However, NBA sources told FOX 26 Camby has interest in a number of teams including the Dallas Mavericks, San Antonio Spurs, Miami Heat and New York Knicks.
    http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/san_antonio_spurs

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    Spurs have tough competition for Batum
    Written by Kyle Boenitz | 02 July 2012

Almost two months ago, Project Spurs reported that Portland Trail Blazer Nicolas Batum would be interested in joining the Spurs. The restricted free agent will have plenty of teams making offers for him, but he’s currently being pursued pretty hard by the Minnesota Timberwolves.

“The Wolves are expected to offer a four-year deal that could approach $50 million for Batum, a 6-8 restricted free-agent swingman who’d address two of their biggest needs — small forward and shooting guard — with one big signing.”

It looks like Batum isn’t the only player on the T-Wolves’ wish list though. They also reportedly contacted Boston’s Greg Stiemsma and the L.A. Lakers’ Jordan Hill. Minnesota is looking to add to their talented core of Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio. Any one of those three players would help, but I would probably want Batum the most.

For the Spurs, Batum may be a little bit out of their price range. It’s probably a dream to think the talented guard/forward would want to sign with San Antonio, but the Spurs do have the French connection. Batum will be playing with Tony Parker and Boris Diaw for the French national team in the upcoming London Olympics. I suppose there’s a chance that TP and Boris are in Batum’s ear telling him about all the joys of the Riverwalk.

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    ^ Don't see this happening after the Wolves offered that nice deal. But hey, you never know.

^

(During NBA lockout)

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast