Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Imwithstuped View Post
    I agree KD, someone (his mama?) must have sat down with Blatche and told him to get his stuff straight. I never would have thought that the Spurs would give him a look but the Lucas mentoring thing is a great move. It shows he is more serious than most people thought. He has so much talent but he has almost been blackballed by the league for his antics and unprofessionalism. Everyone likes a redemption story, maybe it will happen here. Pop gets respect from the nastiest gangsters in the NBA, I think the players respect his brutal honesty more than anything.
    Exactly. I mean Captain Jack coming in 2003 was similar. The Spurs culture itself is enough to mold guys the right way. Guys like Pop, Tim, and even Jack in this case would be great influences on Blatche.

If some how he doesn't sign with us, maybe we take a gamble on Oden and pray he gets healthy & 100%.

vCash
    Blatche says it doesnt matter if its heat spurs or dleague on sbnation website, it seems like we have a shot.

but my question is why is there still no offer or anything from the Spurs, are the Spurs actually interested, or they're just rumors.
    Last edited by zappist; 08-21-2012 at 03:10 AM.

vCash
    The Spurs keep everything secret better than any other team (CIA Pop) plus the Spurs manage their roster spots better than most teams. Chances are they wont fill the roster until after (or if) a Blair/Bonner/Neal trade happens. Then they will know how many spots they have open, and they also are looking at who may be waived in the near future, and who could be amnestied later in the season.

vCash
    Can't amnesty anyone anymore. So more likely they are going to see what they have and like you said, how a trade might shape. But I am guessing they are sticking with what they have. The spurs love continuity and this group has it. So unless they get wowed with a blair deal, I am saying this might be the roster. They are already at 14 players (not including byers), so we are set.

vCash
    "Slaps forehead" I just realized I put that in there, I was gonna edit it and pretend It never happened but benj caught me....
    Point is that there is still so much happening behind the scenes, and camp doesn't start until Oct. Blair looks slimmed down big time. A motivated, trimmer, quicker, Blair that has worked on his 15 footer would also be a huge improvement (and have more trade value).

vCash
    "The spurs love continuity and this group has it"

That is just so true, but after lakers getting dwight because lakers are just getting anything they want because you know lakers, I really feel that we need to act fast, maybe behind the scene there's something i really dont know, but if the Spurs will just stick, or act slow, It would be really hard deafeating OKC or Lakers this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zappist View Post
    "The spurs love continuity and this group has it"

That is just so true, but after lakers getting dwight because lakers are just getting anything they want because you know lakers, I really feel that we need to act fast, maybe behind the scene there's something i really dont know, but if the Spurs will just stick, or act slow, It would be really hard deafeating OKC or Lakers this year.
    I completely agree with you, but in reality we aren't the Spurs, so what I want rarely happens (and that is a good thing) I think we are hovering around the 3/4 spot in the west and I think this year won't be as good as last year, however there is nothing to lead me to believe that the spurs will make a move before the year starts. It really isn't there style. And I know that they have done things differently the last couple years, but doing a major alteration at this point seems unlikely.

vCash
    Sam Amico thinks Fisher is a possibility for the Spurs.

His post didn't give any reasoning and was a sidenote to a Michael Redd piece, but thought I would pass it on anyways. I don't see how this helps, other than giving us a more proven vet behind Parker. But if this does go down, Neal or Joseph are getting traded. There is no way we keep this many guards under contract and no one else can be moved.

vCash
    The San Antonio Spurs have announced that they have waived forward Derrick Byars.
    Fans Of:
    Saints,Redskins, Spurs,Detroit Tigers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benjirh View Post
    Sam Amico thinks Fisher is a possibility for the Spurs.

His post didn't give any reasoning and was a sidenote to a Michael Redd piece, but thought I would pass it on anyways. I don't see how this helps, other than giving us a more proven vet behind Parker. But if this does go down, Neal or Joseph are getting traded. There is no way we keep this many guards under contract and no one else can be moved.
    Makes no sense. With Colo, and the other guards on the roster there is no sense to bring in that joke. I don't ever want to see Fisher in black and silver.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Agree, Fish would not fill a need for the Spurs and they would have like 5 point guards.... The quieter it is on the Spurs front the more I hope they are waiting for the 27th...

vCash
    sorry stupid question, whats up with 27th?

vCash
    lol, that to good to be true Patrick Petterson trade rumor...

vCash
    Acording to Danny Green on twitter, James Anderson is going to the Hawks. A shame he didn't work out for us, I still hope he can bounce back and play well for the Hawks. Not too well though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    no offense but the Spurs are freakin' communists bro. They should get with Stern's capitalist agenda like NOW

vCash
    Hey guys, Hawks fan here. I remember seeing him play in College, can anyone tell me how he has worked out in the NBA so far? Thanks.

McGOAT

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast