Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency:

vCash
    Spurs should make a run at Blatche. Low Risk; High reward
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Kawhi is nothing but a average player on a good system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrnate30 View Post
    Spurs should make a run at Blatche. Low Risk; High reward
    He will be claimed before Spurs get a chance IMO, even if he isn't someone will offer more than what the Spurs have

Blatche is def not Spurs material, he's lazy, low motor, and has a low BBIQ. For the vet minimum though? You'd have to take the risk...

vCash
    he already cleared waivers yesterday. he needs to go to a vet team. and for the min. its worth the risk
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Kawhi is nothing but a average player on a good system.

vCash
    The kid is a headache waiting to happen but I would be happy if he would take the min. IMO the Spurs probably don't see a player with his type of maturation issues a priority as they are attempting to stay under the cap. I think we improve by trade or by signing a player like Kenyon Martin. I could be wrong & would love for them to aggressively pursue a player such as Blatche, but I ultimately don't see it happening.

vCash
    Emiliano Carchia: Spurs are interested in Bo McCalebb but the buyout is not satisfying for Mens Sana Siena Twitter
    All we need, another guard
    Quote of the playoffs "Penetration always leads to something good"

vCash
    Report: Spurs interested in guard Bo McCalebb

Written by Jeff Garcia | 22 July 2012

The San Antonio Spurs certainly have an abundance of guards currently on the roster with Tony Parker, Cory Joseph, Patty Mills, Nando De Colo, and Marcus Denmon to name a few. So perhaps the last thing the Spurs need to do is look for another guard, right?

According to Sportando, San Antonio is interested in guard Bo McCalebb and have recently offered to buyout his contract with Montepaschi Siena in Italy. However, according to the report, the buyout offer was rejected by Siena.

McCalebb has an out clause at the end of the upcoming season and is drawing interest from other Euroleague teams such as Fenerbahce who can offer more towards a buyout than the Spurs can.

Bo (5'10", 180 pounds) averaged 16.9 points, 1.3 steals, 2.6 assists, 2.2 rebounds, and shot 63% from the field in 27.4 minutes in 17 games for Siena last season.

As mentioned above, San Antonio has plenty of guards who can be on the roster next season so why the team would be looking at yet another guard is interesting if the report is true.

Many fans feel the team should be targeting big men, however, the team is in a financial pinch after the recent signings of Tim Duncan, Mills, De Colo, Boris Diaw, and Danny Green so acquiring a top-tier free agent big man is out difficult which makes McCalebb affordable.

What do you think Spurs fans? What do you have to say about the report San Antonio is after another guard?
    http://projectspurs.com/2012-article...-mccalebb.html

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

"No flash, No gimmicks. It's the quiet guys you should fear."

vCash
    I'm calling BS on being interested in Bo.

vCash
    Stein says that the rumors have the Heat and Spurs possibly interested Blatche. Would be awesome for the right price. He will understand that it is a low risk commitment on our part and should be playing for his next contract. Not a waste of money or a spot for a guy who has shown he can at least put up some valuable minutes. Better than a lot of other scrub options at this point.

vCash
    Marc Stein: Free-agent rumble that just dribbled across the pond: Heat & Spurs among teams to express exploratory interest in free agent Andray Blatche Twitter

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/san_antonio_spurs

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    Not a huge fan of Blatche but if we can get him on the cheap then I would be alright with it.

It's crazy how Miami is pretty much intrested in every damn free agent! For ****S sake!

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    Blatche has had many immature issues through his career in Washington over the years, and was finally released via the amnesty clause from the Wizards last month. Blatche stands at 6'11" and averaged 8.5 points, 5.3 rebounds, 1.1 assists, and 1.4 turnovers per game in 26 games for the Wizards last season.

Things got so bad in Washington that he was booed numerous times on his own home floor because he publicly criticized the team early in the season. If Blatche can get his head on straight, he's still a player that could have some potential as he's just 25 years old. A veteran group like the Spurs or Heat could be just the situation he needs to reinvent himself.

http://www.projectspurs.com/

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    This is a rumor at best, but supposedly SA could possibly make a trade with Hou which involves targeting Patrick Patterson. All speculation, but it might be true considering right now Houston has 25 players on their roster (Including Delfino)

http://forums.hoopshype.com/forums/i...?topic=76187.0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    This is a rumor at best, but supposedly SA could possibly make a trade with Hou which involves targeting Patrick Patterson. All speculation, but it might be true considering right now Houston has 25 players on their roster (Including Delfino)

http://forums.hoopshype.com/forums/i...?topic=76187.0
    A little sketchy in my opinion. This person in the know just happens to find their way onto a random rumor board but no one else its even hearing a small inclination that Patterson is on the block?

I also am confused how Houston would take back any bodies in a deal. Like you said, they are already over the limit (not quite 25, but more than 15). Do it could only logically be picks and cash.

This deal seems a little off to me and I need a little better source than a guy who goes by the name "rumorhasit".

vCash
    I think the idea is to involve a third team and Houston would get back a pick or cash, I saw somewhere that they really do have 24 people signed, I had to read it like 3 times for it to compute. Here it is http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...edition/page/4

I personally was hoping to get a bigger "big", but I haven't watched him play at all. This actually seems a more "Spursy" type of move, but we all know how unreliable Spurs trade rumors are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benjirh View Post
    A little sketchy in my opinion. This person in the know just happens to find their way onto a random rumor board but no one else its even hearing a small inclination that Patterson is on the block?

I also am confused how Houston would take back any bodies in a deal. Like you said, they are already over the limit (not quite 25, but more than 15). Do it could only logically be picks and cash.

This deal seems a little off to me and I need a little better source than a guy who goes by the name "rumorhasit".
    Well the fact that Houston has so many big bodies, it's not entirely out the picture that they'd be willing to move guys.

If a 3rd team is involved, (which now the updated post says Toronto) the Raptors would get Blair and Bonner, Spurs would get Patterson and Livingston, and Houston get's Neal + Unguaranteed contract, plus whoever Houston would send to Toronto.

Like I said it's all speculation, but it does make sense. And SA is known for making deals that no one sees coming. They're very good at keeping things on the hush

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast