Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency:

vCash

Free Agency:

Thought I would start a thread on free agency, not sure where to post any articles on this so I just decided to create one.

Jose Calderon? Looks like Toronto is going to amnesty him. Thoughts?

Report: Calderon intrigued by Spurs if he becomes a free agent
    Written by Paul Garcia | 30 June 2012

Free agency has begun and as the Toronto Raptors have their sights set on signing Phoenix Suns free agent Steve Nash, current Raptors guard Jose Calderon might be amnestied according to Marc Stein of ESPN.com (H/T Air Alamo).

In his article, Stein writes that the Los Angeles Lakers will have their eyes on Calderon because they'd like to pair him with fellow Spaniard Pau Gasol. Well, Stein also reports that the San Antonio Spurs and Miami Heat are also two teams that would intrigue Calderon if he was amnestied by the Raptors.

Miami and San Antonio are two more teams known to intrigue Calderon if he gets the chance to pick his next destination.

Stein's reports also says Calderon would like to follow Argentinian forward Luis Scola if he's traded from the Houston Rockets. There's a few ways to look at the Calderon rumors involving the Spurs, such as how much could the Spurs offer him and would he be fine playing for a contract that was possibly a lot less than he was looking for? Are the Spurs even interested in his services?
    http://projectspurs.com/

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

"No flash, No gimmicks. It's the quiet guys you should fear."

vCash
    Rumors: Spurs interested in Josh Howard again? Green 'perfect fit' for Jazz?

Written by Paul Garcia | 01 July 2012

According to Marc J. Spears of Yahoo Sports, the San Antonio Spurs are one team interested in signing Utah Jazz free agent Josh Howard.

Jazz free agent Josh Howard getting interest from Mavs for Dallas return, source tells Y! Utah, Lakers, Nets, Spurs, Celtics also interested.

Speaking of the Jazz, they are also interested in Spurs' restricted free agent Danny Green, and according to a source, Green sees himself as a "perfect fit" in Utah writes Briant Smith of the Salt Lake Tribune.

On Green:

But he’s open to exploring his options and a league source close to the guard believes Green could be a perfect fit for a Jazz team that enters free agency needing to address 3-point shooting and perimeter defense — two of Green’s main strengths.

If you recall, last December when free agency period began in the 2011-12 season, the Spurs were trying sign Howard. It even got to the point where they flew him in for a meeting to persuade him to sign, he instead chose the Jazz.

Then, during the regular season, a report came out that the Spurs were trying to trade for Howard and the chip was Green.

http://projectspurs.com/

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    Miami and San Antonio are two more teams known to intrigue Calderon if he gets the chance to pick his next destination.
    ESPN.com

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    Jamison, jianlian, camby, ilyasova sound like good targets. If the kidd williams rumors are bs id throw the whole mid level at kidd and trade/vet min for the rest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lab Rat Robby View Post
    Jamison, jianlian, camby, ilyasova sound like good targets. If the kidd williams rumors are bs id throw the whole mid level at kidd and trade/vet min for the rest
    Is Camby an UFA?

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    It will be interesting to see how much Calderon would want. And amnesty is a tricky scenario. I can't imagine anyone would claim him, but there is a slight chance a team will bite on his ridiculous contract. I would definitely take him but is he willing to split the MLE with Lorbek?

No on Howard, please. 96 games played in the last three seasons. He played his most games since 08-09 this last year in a lockout season! He has played more than 70 games just twice in 9 seasons. He is not an impressive shooter and pretty soon his D is going to begin deteriorating. I have no desire to have him and think there are better wings we can bring in if Green does leave.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benjirh View Post
    It will be interesting to see how much Calderon would want. And amnesty is a tricky scenario. I can't imagine anyone would claim him, but there is a slight chance a team will bite on his ridiculous contract. I would definitely take him but is he willing to split the MLE with Lorbek?

No on Howard, please. 96 games played in the last three seasons. He played his most games since 08-09 this last year in a lockout season! He has played more than 70 games just twice in 9 seasons. He is not an impressive shooter and pretty soon his D is going to begin deteriorating. I have no desire to have him and think there are better wings we can bring in if Green does leave.

For some reason the Spurs really like this guy. Im also not a big fan but he's and upgrade over Green don't you think? If Green packs his bags he would be a solid additon. If he can stay HEALTHY.

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    I'd like the Spurs to take a run at Darrell Arthur. He's a restricted free agent, but the Grizzlies are trying to keep their payroll lower to avoid the luxury tax. Spurs might be able to lure him away if they'd rather keep Speights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    no offense but the Spurs are freakin' communists bro. They should get with Stern's capitalist agenda like NOW

vCash
    [Quote]The unrestricted free-agent center, Marcus Camby, has narrowed his choices to the New York Knicks, Miami Heat, San Antonio Spurs, Boston Celtics, and the Dallas Mavericks, a league source told CSNNW.com. CSNNW.com[Quote]

I would enjoy seeing Camby in a Spurs uniform and been saying that for a couple years. Yes, he's getting older but he's the interior defense we need next to Duncan. I also think we could be just as offense orienated with a top notch defense.

Parker
    Gino/Green maybe
    Leonard/Jackson
    Duncan/Diaw maybe
    Camby

Thats a pretty good defensive team, Parker's an average defensive player, IMO everyone else is above average, at least. Pending on how much money everyone wants, its going to be tough. We have no other inside defense player outside Duncan, so having one could change a lot, though most analyists would say it does little. If this was the only signing we did, I'd be thrilled. I don't care about the guys overseas cause their not bringing in anything new. Interior defense is new and what we need
    Quote of the playoffs "Penetration always leads to something good"

vCash
    I was about to post this lol. I agree, I would love Camby to join the Spurs. His interior defense is what the Spurs are really missing. Im not sure how he is healthy wise right now, but if he's good to go I say why not.

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    Fred Kerber: #Nets‬ one time high radar target Ersan Ilyasova drawing interest from Bucks, Cavs, Raptors, Spurs Twitter
    http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/san_antonio_spurs

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    [Fred Kerber: #Nets‬ one time high radar target Ersan Ilyasova drawing interest from Bucks, Cavs, Raptors, Spurs Twitter]

I'd still rather have Camby, but this is a good young possibility.

vCash
    Damn you Alex, get outta here...lol

How the the hell do you quote things anyways, as you did?

What do you think of the interest

vCash
    I really like Ersan, he has some size, and could knock down the jumper. Not a great rebounder but like you said, I'd take Camby over Ersan.

Its simple to quote the artcile, just copy the whole article and then click the WRAP button right next to the INSERT IMAGE, with the the littile mountain and sun image.

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    Apparently I'm not the genious I thought I was, thanx.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast