Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Isca92 View Post
    Ive read that 4 years 30 mil, 7.5 cap hit. Im hoping Sather didnt make that offer. Im thinking its a team with alot of cap room for the next several years, that is a bubble team looking to move to the next spot.
    I've been saying all along to keep the prospects and sign Doan, but if it takes 7.5 mil per year for Doan, I'm out. Maybe for 2-years, but certainly not 4-years. Yes, Doan fits the Rangers and their scheme, but that's too much. Plus he wants to stay out West or sign with the Blackhawks, so that's why it would take so much money to get him to come East.

Howson stated this morning, he wants 2 NHL forwards in any deal involving Nash. We all know Dubi is one of the forwards that have been discussed, so is it Hags or AA that it would take to land Nash? Most likely Hags, since his cap number is lower and ceiling is higher.

Dubi, AA or Hags (I'd prefer AA), MDZ and Miller an Ohio native should be our offer for Nash. Throw in Thomas or a 1st round pick if that gets the deal done!

The only guy I'd miss in that deal would be Haglin, if he's the 2nd forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocowear21 View Post
    But what I am saying is he probably wont go to a team like lets say toronto who is not in any way close to contending for the stanley cup. He would take less money for a chance to win. A team offering him that much money can't be excelling right now. Many of the teams contending are pritty close to the cap max.
    Back to what someone else was saying though about Winnipeg, I don't think they are all that far off from being a serious team in the East. With Ladd, Little, Burmistrov, Kane, Wheeler, Jokinen Wellwood, Antropov, Meittenen as well as Mark Scheiflle and Patrice Cormier in the minors for forwards and Bogosian, Enstrom, Byfuglien, Hainsey etc on D and with Pavelic playing really well the second half, they could be a surprise team this year if a couple pieces were added, a guy like Doan would make sense for them, and they have tonnes of cap and a home crowd that fills the rink every night. Just saying if they added Doan and another D, look out for The Peg.
    Last edited by bsi; 07-14-2012 at 03:46 PM.

vCash
    Bsi, dont forget he was an original Winnipeg draft pick even though he rookied after they moved. I think ImaRanger, nailed it.

Apdadamico, the problem with getting Doan is he wants too many years, sure he could play those years but Im not interested in that caphit for that length of time. Any UFA in a weak class is going to get overlaid especially with teams that have to get to the floor. Look at Jagr and Whitney, while good, thats a lot of money for players of their age. My Nash offer goes like this, Dubi/Hags/Erixon standard first and their choice between AA/Miller/Thomas. Ill miss Hags, but gotta give value to get. Our rostered D core isnt touched. Kreider and Steps arent touched.

vCash
    Bsi, dont forget he was an original Winnipeg draft pick even though he rookied after they moved. I think ImaRanger, nailed it.

Apdadamico, the problem with getting Doan is he wants too many years, sure he could play those years but Im not interested in that caphit for that length of time. Any UFA in a weak class is going to get overlaid especially with teams that have to get to the floor. Look at Jagr and Whitney, while good, thats a lot of money for players of their age. My Nash offer goes like this, Dubi/Hags/Erixon standard first and their choice between AA/Miller/Thomas. Ill miss Hags, but gotta give value to get. Our rostered D core isnt touched. Kreider and Steps arent touched.
    I'd rather lose Hag's than Dubi or Anisimov really. I don't see him being an effective player for very long at his size, I said it before but he reminds me of Petr Prucha. It became very clear that when push came to shove he was too small to produce for us and I think Kreider has already pushed him out of the top line LW. I really think it's too bad we couldn't have gotten Jagr for a year, I really would have loved to see him work with Anisimov, I think although Jagr is obviously an elite player compared to Artem that he has the same basic skill set as Jagr and if he could have helped him use his body to shield the puck better and learn when to move from the corner to the front of the net it would be well worth the money spent. It's frustrating watching Anisimov because you see what he can bring from time to time, but he just doesn't do it consistantly or with enough force and confidence. I also realize that it's Dubi's salary that has to go back to make a Nash deal work. I think a trade I'd be comfortable with would be Dubi, Hags, Erixxon(if the don't want him then maybe McIlrath), Thomas and 1st...that's good value for Nash and it improves our current team. Miller comes up to replace Dubi, Nash moves to the first line with Kreider and Richards to start the season and we are a better team.

vCash
    Bsi, I like Hags and I think Prucha is a fair assessment in his play. Im not sure if he disappeared when times got tough, or a combination of 2 things. First teams stopped holding the blue line and backed up on him. Second hos much did that suspension ge in his head. The reason I feel Prucha is a fair assessment is because hes a complimentary piece.

As for AA, hes got skill and size but for whatever reason he cant string it together. I think Kreider, uses his frame to protect the puck like JJ does better then AA. My opinion is basically if my top 6 when Gaborik comes back healthy are Richards, Gabs, Kreider, Stepan, Cally, and a true top winger Im listening. I understand not wanting to give up Miller but Borque could play third line and bring that style also.

As I stated in another thread. This team needs a second go to guy now. As Kreider develops, Gaborik decreases. Nash becomes that guy and allows Kreider to go through the growing pains without having the weight of the world on his shoulders. Right now hes expected to be. When Gaboriks contract is up, if he doesnt want a pay cut, then Nash and Kreider are your top 2 and at that point re-evaluate what they need at that point without taking a step back.

vCash
    I think you guys are right about Haglin and that's why I would include him in the trade. If we do get Nash, I'm sure our 1st line would look like this:

Krieder/Richards/Nash

I think Howson has made it clear that they want the hometown Miller included in any deal, so I wouldn't be projecting him to replace anyone on our current roster.

You both seem to rather keep MDZ over Erixon, but I was hoping to include him in the deal to gain a bit more of cap space and give Columbus a 3rd NHL rostered player in hopes of keeping some of the prospects.

I had hopes of signing Doan with that money to play along with Cally and Steps on the 2nd line. That doesn't seem possible any longer with the numbers being thrown at Doan now though. I guess the better alternative right now would be to play AA on that 2nd line until Gabby returns. I also respect AA's talent and size and hope that he's just a late bloomer and can find that consistancy soon.

BTW - I believe Marek Hrivik is better prepared to step up to the next level over Borque. His production and size is better suited for Tort's system. JMHO!
    Last edited by apdamico; 07-14-2012 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Additional comments!

vCash
    Apdamico, The only way I send Erixon over MDZ is if I have information that I dont have, which is the coaching staff in the Whale truly feel he will be better then MDZ. I feel MDZ has a very high ceiling. The only knocks I had on MDZs was always using the stretch pass which has stopped and swinging the stick at the puck instead of taking the body and that has stopped. They currently have 15 million in cap space and sending Dubi sends 4 million the other way.

Hrivik seems interesting but hes only played a few games in the AHL, he seems promising but I dont have too many eggs in his basket yet. Plus were currently looking at third line possibilites which I dont see a problem with Borque playing there and maybe even Hrivic. If AA isnt part of the deal, him and Boyle are there once Gabs returns. I had to look up JMHO lol.

vCash
    Has anyone heard about this lindberg kid that we signed. Is he gonna be anything special

vCash
    Apdamico, The only way I send Erixon over MDZ is if I have information that I dont have, which is the coaching staff in the Whale truly feel he will be better then MDZ. I feel MDZ has a very high ceiling. The only knocks I had on MDZs was always using the stretch pass which has stopped and swinging the stick at the puck instead of taking the body and that has stopped. They currently have 15 million in cap space and sending Dubi sends 4 million the other way.

Hrivik seems interesting but hes only played a few games in the AHL, he seems promising but I dont have too many eggs in his basket yet. Plus were currently looking at third line possibilites which I dont see a problem with Borque playing there and maybe even Hrivic. If AA isnt part of the deal, him and Boyle are there once Gabs returns. I had to look up JMHO lol.
    Isca92, I might be basing my assessment of Hrivik too much on his success in the AHL playoffs, but if I'm correct, I believe we signed him at the urging of Gaborik. If that's true, I'm sure he has had plenty of international experience with the Slovakian Team. I know he plays Left Wing, but has a right-hand shot and may be able to play either wing, not to mention he has good size and speed. As you said though, once Gabby returns, AA would be going back down to the 3rd line and playing with Boyle and likely Pyatt anyway. That will have the makeup of one huge 3rd line, each player 6 4 or taller for the Rangers.

I guess the only thing I don't like about Ryan Bourque is his 5' 9", 164 lbs., size. I know it wasn't you, but if others are complaining about Haglin being pushed around, which I don't agree with either, wait until they see how much smaller Bourque is than Haglin. He appeared too small or at least a bit over-whelmed in the AHL. MZA did well in the AHL with an even smaller statue, but it did not translate well into Tort's system and that's why I'm not very high on either Thomas or Bourque. I rather trade both of them and keep Haglin and Miller if possible. As stated, we will have to give up quality in order to obtain quality in any trade for Nash.

I feel that Erixon and MDZ both have high ceilings, but the club will likely re-sign Stralman, case going to arbitration, if Sauer isn't ready to start the season. Then again MDZ and Erixon both play the left side, so losing one in a trade isn't going to hurt as much as Sauer's loss last season. I think we can both agree that either MDZ or Erixon would be included in any trade for Nash.

vCash
    BTW, I forgot to mention that Columbus signed former Whale Jonathan Audy-Marchessault, who was a line-mate of Ryan Bourque.

I knew there was a reason I mentioned Bourque as a possible trade piece in a Nash trade, but forgot to mention my reasoning. The 2 of them also played together in the minors.

vCash
    Roco, I dont know much about Oscar Lindberg, but looking at his stats on hockeydb, he doesnt seem to be anything special but he is young so if our Swedish scout said get him, ill trust him, he did find Hank and Hags.

Apdamico, I understand Bourque is small but he plays a Cally type game. Ive seen Avery walking around the Garden and hes much smaller then me (Im 5'11), but his game is forechecking and hitting. Im not saying that I wouldnt use him as a throw in but I dont think he has much value, expecially when hes being weighed against Hagelin. IMO, Hagelin is the you want Kreider and Stepan but well give you Hagelin. Thats why i dont see Bourque and Thomas saving Hagelin.

Im not saying Hrivik wont be good, but I dont know much about him other then he seemed to play well in the AHL playoffs, but he was not able to be a call up because he was on amature tryout contract. So I cant say hes going to be good either way. He did step in from the QMJL if I remember correctly, so he is ready for NA rink size.

Im not sure how willing they are to give up MDZ considering he had a nice bounce back season, only to have a bad couple last games after hearing of the passing of his grandmother, who he was reportedly close with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by apdamico View Post
    I think you guys are right about Haglin and that's why I would include him in the trade. If we do get Nash, I'm sure our 1st line would look like this:

Krieder/Richards/Nash

I think Howson has made it clear that they want the hometown Miller included in any deal, so I wouldn't be projecting him to replace anyone on our current roster.

You both seem to rather keep MDZ over Erixon, but I was hoping to include him in the deal to gain a bit more of cap space and give Columbus a 3rd NHL rostered player in hopes of keeping some of the prospects.

I had hopes of signing Doan with that money to play along with Cally and Steps on the 2nd line. That doesn't seem possible any longer with the numbers being thrown at Doan now though. I guess the better alternative right now would be to play AA on that 2nd line until Gabby returns. I also respect AA's talent and size and hope that he's just a late bloomer and can find that consistancy soon.

BTW - I believe Marek Hrivik is better prepared to step up to the next level over Borque. His production and size is better suited for Tort's system. JMHO!
    People are too critical of how DelZotto plays, he's seriously our most skilled defenseman, no doubt about it. Girardi and Staal are great defensively, and McDonagh plays well but not one of our D can play both ends of the ice like DelZotto can and he's only going to get better. He improved so much last year after he had a bad one because his biggest problem was he wasn't physical enough, and he played more physical last year. He's the type of player that can learn. I'll say this now, he's gonna be the best defenseman out of our current roster, by far and Erixxon isn't even close.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516