Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    vCash
    This really cant be compared to Illmatic.

Illmatic was short, compact, and flawless. Not too much, not too little. Lyrics, production. Phenomenal.

I love this album, but I wont proclaim it as world changing. The thing that makes Nas so great isn't that he puts out Illmatic's everytime he drops an album. He's already dropped a classic, arguably the best hip hop album of all time. And the majority of his subsequent albums are very good. He's got consistency and tenure to go along with greatness.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    I didn't really like Illmatic. There, I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I didn't really like Illmatic. There, I said it.
    I'm with you there. I think Life is Good is Nas' best since Stillmatic. I'm not a huge fan of Illmatic, but I acknowledge that it is considered one of the greatest.

What I said before was not to compare the two albums. It was to say that Life Is Good is to today's generation of Nas fans that Illmatic was to Nas fans back in the early '90s.

vCash
    Nas The GOAT: 0 rappers better than NAS, I've been saying this for years.

Illmatic It Was Written Stillmatic The Lost Tapes Life Is Good

He is the GOAT in my opinion. After all of these years and he is still putting out quality music. Has something for everybody. His bad albums still had some great records on it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan4ever View Post
    Nas The GOAT: 0 rappers better than NAS, I've been saying this for years.

Illmatic It Was Written Stillmatic The Lost Tapes Life Is Good

He is the GOAT in my opinion. After all of these years and he is still putting out quality music. Has something for everybody. His bad albums still had some great records on it.
    People who don't think he's the greatest or one of them, don't know what they are talking about.

vCash
    Well metsfan4ever doesn't know what he's talking about and he knows Nas is one of the best so that statement isn't very true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle916 View Post
    Well metsfan4ever doesn't know what he's talking about and he knows Nas is one of the best so that statement isn't very true.
    He does have the best catalog front to back and he pretty much stayed true to the culture. If you judge him strictly on the lyrics yes he is, hands down.

vCash
    For the longest I had biggie and tupac ranked ahead of nas because of their impact on hip hop. But to me untitled was the album that solidified nas as the goat surpassing big and pac.

vCash
    For the longest I had biggie and tupac ranked ahead of nas because of their impact on hip hop. But to me untitled was the album that solidified nas as the goat surpassing big and pac.
    lmao even Diddy lowkey influenced hip hop more than Nas

vCash
    Nas fell off for a little, but his recent albums have been great. If Biggie and Pac were still around they would have fell off too. Nas to me is now the greatest.
    Last edited by SportsNY; 07-22-2012 at 12:05 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nicegoing View Post
    lmao even Diddy lowkey influenced hip hop more than Nas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsNY View Post
    Nas fell off for a little, but his recent albums have been great. If Biggie and Pac were still around they would have fell off too. Nas to me is now the greatest.
    We can no longer deny Nas Greatness. And wit LIG, Nas cemented that GOAT Spot.

Pac,Jay,Big beat him in sales and popularity but in terms of artistry/skillset, neither is matchn Nas.

Nas has pushed the envelope creatively whilst maintainin sharp lyricism. Jay,Big,Pac cant craft some of records like Distant Relative,IWW,GodSon,HHID,Untitled,ILLmatic,LIG,LT. Nas has them beat in Unreleased catalogue too.

vCash
    I don't tink there can ever be a definitive GOAT in something as objective as music. I mean, there are legitimately people out there that like LMFAO better than Nas. Sad, but it's true. And like it or not, those people's opinions count for something. There is a difference between personal taste and actually judging the quality of music, but it's not an exact science. Tough to objectively rank music when it's subjective in nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    We can no longer deny Nas Greatness. And wit LIG, Nas cemented that GOAT Spot.

Pac,Jay,Big beat him in sales and popularity but in terms of artistry/skillset, neither is matchn Nas.

Nas has pushed the envelope creatively whilst maintainin sharp lyricism. Jay,Big,Pac cant craft some of records like Distant Relative,IWW,GodSon,HHID,Untitled,ILLmatic,LIG,LT. Nas has them beat in Unreleased catalogue too.
    You never denied it, you dumbass. You have been saying this same thing on here for years now and it's annoying and shows how clueless you are to the rest of the genre of hip-hop.

EBOLA EBOLA EBOLA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    You never denied it, you dumbass. You have been saying this same thing on here for years now and it's annoying and shows how clueless you are to the rest of the genre of hip-hop.
    Hating on the greatness, not surprise at all. lol come on son come up with something other than that typical ****.. **** is discusting sun, you run around on this site blindly defending Lil B and a host of other cats with **** that doesnt pertain to music.....lol......but we on some groupie ****.......**** outta here...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast