Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle916 View Post
    I'll give this album credit... it's better than the abomination they call 'Distant Relatives'.
    I enjoyed that very much
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Distant Relatives wasn't too good... certainly wasn't an abomination, but I don't listen to it much.

I still love Untitled more than about any Nas album, but this is better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    If the Lenster and you were in a library together we could argue about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    I enjoyed that very much
    Everybody who was around here when it dropped know I despised it.

It's turned into a PSD 'inside joke' essentially...

vCash
    It was the cheesiest, corniest thing I've ever listened to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle916:22973881
    It was the cheesiest, corniest thing I've ever listened to.
    The first time the Lenster listened to it he was in a library going over a walkthrough for Star Trek online. The Lenster had to leave immediately with no words.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Ahh....you're using my own taunt(s) against me; how cute. I find it funny because you'd always get so butt-hurt so often when I disagreed with you in the past, and even stated that you thought I had it out for you or some ****. Fully not the case, but obviously I've rubbed you the wrong way.

When it comes down to it though, I really don't give a **** about what you think of my opinions and tastes so I'm not gonna waste much time explaining my thoughts here.

We disagree. Not much else to say. I generally prefer raw, gritty beats more than the bourgeoisie sounding **** that's scattered across this album, and the beats tend to make an album for me more so than the vocals.
    Taunt? It's my term of endearment for you, Spliffy.

I don't care what you think about your own opinions or mine.. I was simply discussing this album and trying to understand what you meant and you acted like a complete prick.

No wonder I think you have it out for me. I try discussing something with you and it's just impossible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Oh yes, stating that I meant what I said and I said what I meant is so ****ing combative. Seemed like you where trying to put words in my mouth so you could poke fun at me like many of us did to the people on here who said MBDTF was "overproduced". I like those beats quite a bit, and wouldn't put these new Nas beats in the same class at all (not in style or quality).
    Because it seemed like that's what you were saying

And no, these beats are nowhere in that area. Nas usually has garbage beats and these are actually a big step up.

vCash
    Life is Good sounds great from what I've heard so far. I just wish Trust came with the deluxe edition without having to purchase it through iTunes, cause that's a nice track!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HighVelocity View Post
    Life is Good sounds great from what I've heard so far. I just wish Trust came with the deluxe edition without having to purchase it through iTunes, cause that's a nice track!
    Seems like that happens a lot these days. Apple's always trying to make more $$$.

vCash
    The first time the Lenster listened to it he was in a library going over a walkthrough for Star Trek online. The Lenster had to leave immediately with no words.
    It just clicked. Lenster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle916:22975824
    It just clicked. Lenster.
    The Lenster always laughs at that one.

vCash
    NaS may have not had a lot of Hit Singles, but he's had one of the best and most consistant sales runs in Rap History. 8 Straight Platinum albums, 9 Overall. 3 Multi-Platinum albums. 12/14 albums certified. As far as singles, NaS's biggest hit on the charts was "If I Ruled the World". His highest selling solo single is "Street Dreams" which is his only single certified Gold. His highest calloration single is "Hot Boyz" With Missy, Eve and Q-tip which went Platinum. So again for all the people talking about NaS show me how much your favorite rapper sold? Lil Wayne has not sold more albums than NaS to put this on context. NaS has sold 20 Million worldwide

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan4ever View Post
    NaS may have not had a lot of Hit Singles, but he's had one of the best and most consistant sales runs in Rap History. 8 Straight Platinum albums, 9 Overall. 3 Multi-Platinum albums. 12/14 albums certified. As far as singles, NaS's biggest hit on the charts was "If I Ruled the World". His highest selling solo single is "Street Dreams" which is his only single certified Gold. His highest calloration single is "Hot Boyz" With Missy, Eve and Q-tip which went Platinum. So again for all the people talking about NaS show me how much your favorite rapper sold? Lil Wayne has not sold more albums than NaS to put this on context. NaS has sold 20 Million worldwide
    Do record sales mean a damn thing?

Lil Wayne also has near 20 million and has been out for a shorter period than Nas. Does that mean he's better? Lil Wayne will end up with more album sales than Nas when it's all said and done. Period.

Get off his dick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan4ever View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but to say Lil Wayne is better based on albums sold is absurd. Most people buying Lil Wayne's music now weren't even alive when Illmatic dropped.

vCash
    I've been listening to this today at work. It's a damn good album. I really like the orchestral beats and the throwback jams. There is a lot of balance to the album that comes to a screeching halt with Summer on Smash, but that track is tolerable if you fast forward to the verses. I really like the wise, personally aware, street veteran persona Nas has been cultivating over the last couple of years in his music.

I'm not exactly blown away by the album, but it is really solid.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast