Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2362
    vCash
    Damn you Tampa bay. Purcell did have better stats last year though

vCash
    You know...we could just sign Semin.

I'm starting to warm to the idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by porterpotty28 View Post
    Haha come on munchie...you're on the same logical page as me. I'm taking on those two boneheads by myself. About time you joined in!
    I get what they're saying, but I think 1908 is kind of saying the middle road thing. He agrees that the price for Ryan won't be schenn or couts, but he just doesnt think what we're offering is enough. You guys started going into past deals and stuff and honestly none of that is relevant in this negotiation process. This is a situation unique unto itself and must be treated as so. The Ducks are not in a great position with their players and is going to try to maximize their potential with this trade. Truth be told, there hasn't really been much said about this lately at all.

I agree with what I said and disagree with 1908 and flyguys, but hey, everyone is entitled to their opinions. I think you kinda are on the same page as me, but I am offering an extra pick. lol We'll see what happens. To me it's not really worth getting all bent out of shape over. People will say what they will and whats going to happen is going to happen.

I'm more concentrated on Voracek right now...This Teddy Purcell deal is going to make things difficult for Homer...I just don't see that 3 million deal happening anymore.

vCash
    I am too...semin has nasty skills. I think he just needs a change of scenery

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Schenn and Couts will NOT be a part of the deal. Anaheim probably inquired on the first shot about them, but Homer probably told them to come back with something more realistic, so maybe you should get out of that fantasy world.

Read, Gus, Laughton, A FIRST AND A SECOND/THIRD is a reasonable midshot negotiation starter and possibly a damn good offer to the Ducks. Read is still a damn good (cheap) prospect, Gus is a prospect with a decently high ceiling, Laughton is a 1st rounder, and then there are the two picks.

At this point, IF another team outbids us (which IMO this is a very nice deal for the Ducks) then you replace Read with Voracek IF Voracek is signs and is cool with it. If not you have a no deal situation, but the Ducks are going to look to pull the trigger if they can.

Also, Flyguys, you should take a look at the Cap post I put up on page 95. It's pretty legit and I feel like you will be more comfortable with the cap situation and our "ability" to bid on upcoming FAs next season. It doesn't even have the Pronger hits and cap increases included.

On a side note, why is all this name calling and nastiness going on. You guys need to relax. lol
    Oh my goodness...neither of you are understanding what I'm saying. Holmgren inquired about Ryan, and in return the Ducks wanted either Schenn or Couterier. Homer said they were untouchable. I agree that Read, Gus, and Laughton as a package should be enough to acquire Bobby Ryan, but in the eyes of the Ducks it's not. Look at what we got in return for Richie. Schenn, Simmonds, and a second round pick. Based on current trends, a player of Ryan's caliber is not going to go for two undrafted players and a 17 year old prospect. That's all I'm saying. Do I agree with it? Not entirely. But regardless, it's all about trade value for the teams involved.

vCash
    I want to be clear. I am not saying Ryan is worth Schenn or Couterier as part of the package. I AGREE that Read, Gusto, and Laughton plus a pick or two picks would be enough to match the value of Ryan, if not more than enough. BUT what I am saying is that in the eyes of Anaheim it won't be enough. You were right about Phil Kessel, the stat sheet I had wasn't updated. And in no way, shape or form am I saying that because Phil Kessel got such a high return, we should offer that to the Ducks for Ryan. I'm not disagreeing with you guys, I'm just putting it into perspective. The fact of the matter is, the Ducks want Schenn or Couterier in the return, and since that's not going to happen, this whole conversation is pointless. Once we get 25 games into the season and have a measurement of where Read is with his game, where Voracek is, and Gusto, then it will be time to either pull the trigger on a trade of we need to by the deadline, or let the season roll on.

So again, do not misunderstand what I'm saying here. From the hockey perspective, Read, Gusto, Laughton and a pick is more than enough value for Ryan. But from the business side of things, it isn't. There is just no way that at this time the Ducks take that offer. I would llove to be proven wrong, but I don't think it's going to happen.

vCash
    At this point in time I think Holmgren should stand pat. Leave the team the way it is....they played great hockey last season....well great meaning they exceeded everyone's expectations (fans, media, etc...). They are headed in the right direction and they should be very very good for quite a few years....

I'm all for getting Ryan, but at the risk of losing the depth that Holmgren put together last season...I would wait. What made this team so hard to contain defensively (except for NYR and NJ) was the offensive depth this team has...I wouldn't want to see Holmgren lose that advantage they have for one player....

I'm hoping Bryz has adjusted to life in Philly and to the system Laviolette has in front of him....and he'll improve greatly on last season....If the team stumbles out of the gate then make the move to bring a guy like Ryan in here....

Homer has to let the young guys grow a little on this team....he has to be more patient with his young player then Bobby Clarke was with his...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post

Actually so am I and the fact that he is still on the market might indicate that his asking price might come down a bit. Imagine having Semin being fed by Grioux and a big bodied power forward causing problems in front of the net.

vCash
    I want to trade read before he comes back down to earth!!!!!!

Hartnell giroux Ryan
    Simmonds briere voracek/read whoever was to get traded
    Schenn couturier talbot

I'm sorry but that's even deeper and sexier than w Ryan and wo one of jake or read.

You could even do this and it would be better IMO bc Ryan is going to be a complete stud w giroux next to him.

Hartnell giroux Ryan
    Simmonds briere schenn
    Talbot couturier wellwood

vCash
    I guess I'd like to see the potential of Read realized. I would love to have Ryan just like anyone else, but what if Read doesn't come back down to earth. I know I talked a lot about him being undrafted, but the route he took to the NHL was through developing himself and working hard. I guess it finally started to pay off when the Flyers signed him as a free agent. Back in the WOHL he was right behind Logan Couture for player of the year. I'm interested to see how he plays this year, and think we should give him a chance to play here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post

The only problem at all I have with Semin is not the fact that people say hes a team / coach wrecker....its not the fact that he complains / argues.... or that hes a cry baby.. i could care less about that crap to be honest.

What kills me is his motivation....his lack of playing defense... he reminds me of a much better Zherdev. Its all about what type of deal hes looking for.

I still wanted Doan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    The only problem at all I have with Semin is not the fact that people say hes a team / coach wrecker....its not the fact that he complains / argues.... or that hes a cry baby.. i could care less about that crap to be honest.

What kills me is his motivation....his lack of playing defense... he reminds me of a much better Zherdev. Its all about what type of deal hes looking for.

I still wanted Doan
    That article makes a solid argument for him not being anywhere near the floater that he's reputed to be, though. The data suggests that while he's not going to win any Selke trophies, he's also not a liability. And as much as we've salivated over the idea of Giroux feeding Ryan, you have to think Semin would be just as dangerous.

Frankly, it seems like his only real "flaw" is being Russian. There's still a stigma associated with that.

If he is willing to come here on a short-term deal, I want him. He's apparently looking long-term, and I can't say I blame him...but it also doesn't appear that there are many teams willing to give him that.

vCash
    Semin would be perfect on a short term deal

vCash
    I'd sign Semin to a one or two year deal with a max cap hit of 5 million. I'm not worried about his defense, he'll be basically taking Jagrs spot on the top line and we can't get much worse than Jagrs defense.

The only thing I'm honestly worried about with Semin is money and years on the contract.

This is why I watch soccer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Ninja View Post
    I'd sign Semin to a one or two year deal with a max cap hit of 5 million. I'm not worried about his defense, he'll be basically taking Jagrs spot on the top line and we can't get much worse than Jagrs defense.

The only thing I'm honestly worried about with Semin is money and years on the contract.
    I don't think he'll sign for anything less than 3 years. Just my opinion, but I think he gets 3 to 4 years. That's of course unless someone gives him a big enough 1-2 year deal to see if he's at least willing to be a part of a team's system....

For the record, I'm on board keeping what we have and adding Semin if it's not a ridiculous contract. He has talent and will cost no players to obtain, which means you still have plenty of ammo for a mid year deal if necessary. Optimal situation if you ask me. What would everyone consider as a fair deal for him?