Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 64 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    so how much is Carle going to be worth now?? If we want to get Ryan, Homer better do it quick. If Nash is out, teams will be at the Ducks door.
    Im not so sure that Homer should be/is in a rush to get ryan, Nash is still a CBJ, Pitt didnt get Parise or suter (so no need for a quick response).

I trust Homer to make the smart move considering his track record, we probably are the favorites to land Ryan at this point and Homer will be patient in that regards to get the best deal.

vCash
    Here's my ideal situation but idk if these teams would go for it

First trade luke schenn, brayden schenn, rinalado, mesz, laughton, and a first for nash and j.johnson

Then trade nash to anaheim for ryan and fowler

Sign doan, and k.wellwood, and voracek

Then the lines are ryan/giroux/doan, hartsy/briere/voracek, simmonds/talbot/read, and wellwood/couts/wellwood, the defensive pairings become johnson/timmo, cobourn/grossman, fowler/m-ab, or if pronger's healthy slot him in for m-a b, but then again who knows if columbus would go for it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flyguy4 View Post

First trade luke schenn, brayden schenn, rinalado, mesz, laughton, and a first for nash and j.johnson

Then the lines are ryan/giroux/doan, hartsy/briere/voracek, simmonds/talbot/read, and wellwood/couts/wellwood, the defensive pairings become johnson/timmo, cobourn/grossman, fowler/m-ab, or if pronger's healthy slot him in for m-a b, but then again who knows if columbus would go for it

i was actually going to give you credit for making a joke during a somewhat stressful time for us fans.....until i saw that you were serious.

dude, no. just no.

vCash
    That's a series of not-so-good trades that leaves us marginally better than we were last year....

Why do you think Nash would waive his NMC twice in two days? Why should we trade two of the highest-potential young players for older, more expensive vets who are good but not great?

I just don't see the point. The Ryan trade, as described earlier, makes sense. Moving both Schenns and more for Fowler & Johnson & Ryan seems like a bad idea.

vCash

So we're playing NHL 13 now?

vCash

Uh, no.
    Prepare to experience sexual magic.

vCash
    I do still kind of like the idea of making a run at Semin...he's one of the most dynamic offensive forces in the league...putting him on the ice with Giroux would be a defense's worst nightmare....not to mention that Semin's defensive numbers aren't horrible. He's +94 over the past five seasons...not too shabby, all things considered.

vCash

Wow.

We may have something here...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyMcCoy29 View Post
    Im not so sure that Homer should be/is in a rush to get ryan, Nash is still a CBJ, Pitt didnt get Parise or suter (so no need for a quick response).

I trust Homer to make the smart move considering his track record, we probably are the favorites to land Ryan at this point and Homer will be patient in that regards to get the best deal.
    we are favorites only because Ryan said he would like to play here. Anaheim is not just going to trade him here, they will listen to the best offers. Seeing as we won't offer Schenn/Couts it doesn't look too good if other teams can offer better than us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    I do still kind of like the idea of making a run at Semin...he's one of the most dynamic offensive forces in the league...putting him on the ice with Giroux would be a defense's worst nightmare....not to mention that Semin's defensive numbers aren't horrible. He's +94 over the past five seasons...not too shabby, all things considered.
    If you had your druthers, how would you rank who you want to add to this team from most to least: Doan, Nash, Ryan, Semin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smking619 View Post
    If you had your druthers, how would you rank who you want to add to this team from most to least: Doan, Nash, Ryan, Semin
    i know you're not asking me, but:

Ryan
    Nash
    Semin
    Doan

vCash
    Ryan for sure if he was a free agent. If we can get him fro picks, read, mez or gus then of course BUT...Ducks won't do that at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    i know you're not asking me, but:

Ryan
    Nash
    Semin
    Doan
    General question, just quoting to put it into context. I think I'd go:

Ryan
    Doan
    Nash
    Semin

vCash
    For me;
    Ryan
    Doan
    Semin
    Nash

Nash would require some of our young guys to be moved and they will want something valuable in return.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smking619 View Post
    General question, just quoting to put it into context. I think I'd go:

Ryan
    Doan
    Nash
    Semin
    either way i think everyone could pretty much agree that Ryan is at the top of the list.

tbh, he was always at the top of my list, including Parise and Suter.