Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 55 of 158 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    From what I am gathering, we are the only team above 100 mil. The next closest team is at around 90 mil. Next we are probably offering 12-14 years and around 100-114 mil. This is a little of an overpayment, but could be Homer just saying, "He's not going to sign with us anyway so IF I make this grossly high offer, he is forced to consider it and teams like Pitts, Det, NJ, etc. are forced to up their offers."
    i don't think Homer would offer anything over a $7 mil a year cap hit.

the biggest difference is that the up front money from the Flyers is probably much higher than the other teams. so the cap hit is around the same, but he'd be getting more money in the first year or two in Philly than anywhere else.

vCash
    eklund is reporting the Hawks are officially out on Suter; he told them no.

vCash
    i mean really thought who cares lol.....the man is choosing where him and his fiance / wife wants to play for the rest of his life.

I have a feeling its Pitt that he wants to go to and his wife is like omg hell no. Because no offense, besides sports thats about all Pittsburgh has, living wise. You have to weigh down the option of the obivous here. THEY WILL be living there for the next 8+ years, or at least Zach will. In any celeb/athlete + non-celeb wedding generally the "non-celeb" is not wanting or willing to move or be in a place they are unfamiliar with. So lets look at the options.

BTW his fiance/wife

Minn - well Zach and Alisha grew up there, so duh

Det - 1/4 of Detroit is beautiful and 3/4 of Detroit is poverty / ghetto / rundown. But an amazing hockey town.

Pitt - Steel city fell over 40 years ago. Pittsburgh now is what it is, OLD. It needs a few million invested into it. - Although it is a huge sports city.

Chitown - Chicago really does have a lot going for it. One their food, 2 the fact that they are the 3rd largest city (Population) in the US and growing. History and pride much like a Boston / Philadelphia

Philadelphia - Ugh, if i have to say this one you all need to be in another forum lol...

NJ - He knows what hes getting.

So going out of the box I think it really comes down to Chi / Phila. Understand Alisha wants a family and shes also a nutritionist and is very big on eco friendly / organic. Pittsburgh might not look so appealing. Philly / Chicago are big "food" cities as well. I dunno man I really think from the "WIFE" side of it.... she says #1 Minn #2 NJ #3 Pitt/Phily/Chi

You have to factor in that its not HIS decision. At the end of the day your "wife / fiance" holds 50% of that decision. Esp when you factor in family and schools and being around more family so on so on. So I cant blame Zach for taking his time.

vCash
    Did you guys get a chance to listen to this whole lotta nothin??

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=45418

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    i don't think Homer would offer anything over a $7 mil a year cap hit.

the biggest difference is that the up front money from the Flyers is probably much higher than the other teams. so the cap hit is around the same, but he'd be getting more money in the first year or two in Philly than anywhere else.

The cap hit HAS to be over 7 mil if we offered a 100mil+ contract. 100/14 = 7.15ish. That is the lowest we can get his cap hit if we offered the 14 year max deal. My honest guess is that we offered 14 years and 110 mil which is why it is so hard for him to say no to Philly for sure.

vCash

just did actually.

as bland as it was, to be honest i was happy with it. the guy obviously has a lot of respect for the game and for the teams he's interested in and doesn't want to short-change anyone intentionally.

at the end of the day, he's gonna go where he and his family feel comfortable. i really don't have a problem with that. obviously i hope it's not PIT, but it's his choice to make.

i'm sure if Homer loses out on Parise and/or Suter that he has a contingency plan or 2 or 5 lol. the Flyers will be fine either way IMO.

vCash
    Also, I am seeing a lot of "Parise and Suter to decide today" Tweets...

vCash
    The cap hit HAS to be over 7 mil if we offered a 100mil+ contract. 100/14 = 7.15ish. That is the lowest we can get his cap hit if we offered the 14 year max deal. My honest guess is that we offered 14 years and 110 mil which is why it is so hard for him to say no to Philly for sure.
    yeah i should have clarified. i mean $7 mil, $7.15 mil......what the hell is the difference between those 2 numbers really.

i guess what i meant is i don't expect him to go any higher than like $7.8 mil.

who knows, i could obviously be wrong.

i would say though if the cap hit ends up being closer to 8 mil than 7 mil, it might not have been the best move to grab him. i'd be happy that he's here, but i'd be more worried about the implications down the road in that case than if the cap hit were closer to $7 mil.

vCash
    Also, I am seeing a lot of "Parise and Suter to decide today" Tweets...
    as am i.

but, given it's the 4th of July and both are American, i wouldn't be surprised if today was just a family day for these guys.

vCash
    just did actually.

as bland as it was, to be honest i was happy with it. the guy obviously has a lot of respect for the game and for the teams he's interested in and doesn't want to short-change anyone intentionally.

at the end of the day, he's gonna go where he and his family feel comfortable. i really don't have a problem with that. obviously i hope it's not PIT, but it's his choice to make.

i'm sure if Homer loses out on Parise and/or Suter that he has a contingency plan or 2 or 5 lol. the Flyers will be fine either way IMO.
    I agree. I kind of got the feeling that Minnesota wasn't really in it when he was talking though. Just the way he sounded when he was talking about them made me feel as though they are not on his list anymore.

vCash
    yeah i should have clarified. i mean $7 mil, $7.15 mil......what the hell is the difference between those 2 numbers really.

i guess what i meant is i don't expect him to go any higher than like $7.8 mil.

who knows, i could obviously be wrong.

i would say though if the cap hit ends up being closer to 8 mil than 7 mil, it might not have been the best move to grab him. i'd be happy that he's here, but i'd be more worried about the implications down the road in that case than if the cap hit were closer to $7 mil.
    Haha. Me knowing that you're a smarter person than that says that you know he wouldn't sign for 14 years at 100 mil though lol. So you definitely weren't talking about the 7.15mil part of the spectrum. I was saying it's more likely to be in the range of 7.5-8.25

vCash
    as am i.

but, given it's the 4th of July and both are American, i wouldn't be surprised if today was just a family day for these guys.
    Hopefully, they get a few beers in them first before they make the announcements. That way they can be all slaughtered and say Flyers instead of Penguins!!

vCash
    My guess is that he goes to Pittsburg. We get Ryan and sign Doan. Maybe hit up a Dman and thats the end of it.

vCash

interesting.... i got no clues from that.. HAHAHA

only thing i got is....Minn his dad played there and it would be cool.. LOL

vCash
    Actually, I take that back. I think Parise is definitely Minnesota bound lol.