Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 53 of 158 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Not for nothing....but if Weber puts it out there that he's only going to sign a one year deal doesn't that make him MORE gettable by trade? Nasvhille would be stupid to just hold onto him and let him walk for nothing so a trade this year to a team taht could sign him long term would seem logical...

vCash
    So I'm laying down in bed napping it up, and I get a text from my dad. I ignore it for the time being and get my z's.

Background Story - we all chose a player on the Flyers and for their life on the team we "are that player" and at the end of the season the winner gets something (from the other three). My gf got Briere, Dad had Richie/Jagr, Stepmom had Carter/Read, and I had Gagne/Giroux. (fyi the multiple player areas indicate that our player got traded or signed somewhere else and we were forced to select a new player...I picked great lol).

Anyways, my Dad's player, Jagr, got sent off to the Stars today, as we all know. I wake up to that being the first text from him. The second text was, "I CALL PARISE!!" Instantaneously with my reading of this, I leapt from my bed and ran to my laptop! I was thinking to myself, "please be 13-14 years at 100-112 mil (because realistically that would be the deal that actually gets him here in Philly and keeps a cap hit under 9 million or at around 8 mil). I get on here and notice that he has yet to decide.

Text to Dad - "You're such a dick. I feel like I thought I was about to sleep with a hottie and she had her clothes off and then you walked in, in an America-pie-esque type manner and ruined the moment..Thanks Dad!!"

Just wanted to share that moment with you guys.

vCash
    LOL good story....

I was going to make fun of you but your a good poster so i didnt LOL

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Does your girlfiend know that you were cheating on her in your mind??

The only problem I have with that whole story is a 13 year contract.......UGH...I'm not ready to take on a monster deal like that...that's just WAY too damn long in the sports world.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    LOL good story....

I was going to make fun of you but your a good poster so i didnt LOL
    Lol I appreciate that.

Btw, I don't know if any of you heard about our HUGE signings earlier..........I'm sure you did...........but...........

The Flyers have signed defensemen Cullen Eddy & Danny Syvret, and forward Mike Testwuide to contracts.

DON'T YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?!?!!? ...yeah, I do...NOTHING!!

vCash
    YEs, it means with Testwuide we have ANOTHER guy in the organization who's name people here will continue to destroy when they try to spell it

vCash
    Eh, most teams have done nothing. Hell, if the Penguins miss out on Parise and Suter, they're going to quickly go from "had best draft day" to "bad offseason" really quick. If they miss out on those guys....all they've managed to do is give away Michalek, trade Sutter for some prospects who likely wont help immediately (and gain a third line center). They'll also likely scramble and sign Doan to a 3 year deal (which sounds like a bad idea considering his age).

I'm not worried about this offseason one bit. NYR has stood pat. NJ is set to lose Parise potentially. Pens are set to miss out on both Parise/Suter potentially.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Lol I appreciate that.

Btw, I don't know if any of you heard about our HUGE signings earlier..........I'm sure you did...........but...........

The Flyers have signed defensemen Cullen Eddy & Danny Syvret, and forward Mike Testwuide to contracts.

DON'T YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?!?!!? ...yeah, I do...NOTHING!!
    Man we got Danny Syvret again? Well that's like the 3rd time. What are we gonna do like trade him away again and re-sign him next season?

vCash
    All I can is is whoever Parise signs with needs to give him the Gomer Pile sock/bar of soap treatment the first day of training camp for letting this circus carry on the way it has. 3 days in and nobody has signed except for a select few. Let the trades begin, let the signings begin. Zach is running around like a prude hot girl at the bar deciding who she wants to sleep with after a night of drinking. I was expecting free agency to be hammers dropping, deals getting made, a few big names changing teams. This is a total kick to the nads. Way to go Zach, you turned free agency (the most exciting time of the hockey offseason) into a bunch of dudes holding their packages watching the second coat of paint dry on the living room wall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by claymaker52 View Post
    It was actually the 1999-2000 playoffs. I was just watching the videos today. talk about depressing! Completely dirty hit by stevens. Elbow to the head! I cant believe that there are people who think that hit was legal......

But it was totally cool cause Joe Sakic rocked Stevens in game 7 of the stanley cup finals......
    Proving the old adage that I have forgotten more about Flyers hockey than you know...
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Not for nothing....but if Weber puts it out there that he's only going to sign a one year deal doesn't that make him MORE gettable by trade? Nasvhille would be stupid to just hold onto him and let him walk for nothing so a trade this year to a team taht could sign him long term would seem logical...
    you would think that seems logical.

but they want him for their 2012/13 season. Nashville thinks they are buyers/cup contenders, and want Weber there as long as possible. Also hope he changes his mind.

Outside of a trade to Colorado for Erik Johnson and Gabriel Landeskog, I dont know what Nashville could possible get and rather have over Weber one more year and risking to keep him long term.

(Be really funny if that trade happens this summer, ha)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Does your girlfiend know that you were cheating on her in your mind??

The only problem I have with that whole story is a 13 year contract.......UGH...I'm not ready to take on a monster deal like that...that's just WAY too damn long in the sports world.....
    I love me some G lol...

As for the 13 years, yeah its a long time, but we are in a possible move from really good cup contender to possible Dynasty here!! lol I say trade for Ryan and get Parise!!! wooo!!! go frickin nuts...SQUIRREL!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    you would think that seems logical.

but they want him for their 2012/13 season. Nashville thinks they are buyers/cup contenders, and want Weber there as long as possible. Also hope he changes his mind.

Outside of a trade to Colorado for Erik Johnson and Gabriel Landeskog, I dont know what Nashville could possible get and rather have over Weber one more year and risking to keep him long term.

(Be really funny if that trade happens this summer, ha)
    Especially since they just signed Johnson for 4 years...sounds like another team I know with the whole sign then trade thing.........lol

vCash
    2 sources confirm suter will announce his decision friday in the am, so possible parise decision tomorrow or thurs. Also parise said he and his wife are not on the same page

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Especially since they just signed Johnson for 4 years...sounds like another team I know with the whole sign then trade thing.........lol
    what team could the possibly be? Oh yea, that team that traded away 29 years worth of contracts in 12 months