Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 158 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    hate to say it, cuz i enjoyed the guy, but good riddance. they don't want him for that kind of money.
    losing him and JVR our overall wing size has decreased dramatically.

vCash
    How the hell is Jagr worth 4.5????? Good for him is all I gotta say

City of Brotherly Love

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman9518 View Post
    How the hell is Jagr worth 4.5????? Good for him is all I gotta say
    Because, he won't have to play in the playoffs and can probably take the 2nd half of the season off in Dallas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I don't know if they would have won any Cups...maybe IF they would have drafted Jagr over Ricci the year before....lol

And it was 1992. I remember it like it was yesterday, when the decision came down, it felt like we won the Stanly Cup. 1985...LOL..making me feel older than I already do. I think you;re point was valid though.
    So, 1992... I told you I'm old. They all run together. 1985 must have been Buddy Ryan or something else that has stuck in my Philly Sports Memory Web.

I just remember sitting up til all hours of the morning listening to 610 as it all went down and cheering out loud when the decision came down.

Everyone knew, just KNEW, Lindros was going to be the next great one, equal parts Gretzky, Messier and Schultz.

Sadly... a soft squash undid it all. And his ****ing mom. I'd still sign him for a playoff run, though.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    So, 1992... I told you I'm old. They all run together. 1985 must have been Buddy Ryan or something else that has stuck in my Philly Sports Memory Web.

I just remember sitting up til all hours of the morning listening to 610 as it all went down and cheering out loud when the decision came down.

Everyone knew, just KNEW, Lindros was going to be the next great one, equal parts Gretzky, Messier and Schultz.

Sadly... a soft squash undid it all. And his ****ing mom. I'd still sign him for a playoff run, though.
    Yeah, it's one of those things you remember vividly...like when I first found out America's princess, Anna Nicole-Smith died...lol.

Lindros, was a legend plain and simple. The internet wasn't around and I remember people would share stories they heard about him at hockey games or in casual conversation. He was the Lebron James of hockey minus the internet, mass media or social media. It was an amazing day when we learned we got him, especially over the Rangers...LOL.

Yeah...Lindros still looked good in that alumnii game before the Winter Classic...I still contend he would have won a Cup here if they had a stinking goalie.

vCash
    I will go nutzz if Parise and Suter end up staying in their respective teams they played for last year. It better be a signing like Jagr....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bustedstuff14 View Post
    losing him and JVR our overall wing size has decreased dramatically.
    well they went and got dramatically bigger at the wing position after the 2011 playoffs, and it didnt help anything.

My opinion is they messed up only having 1 power forward in 2011 (Hartnell)
    Now, they have Simmonds as well, but a replacement for JVR wouldnt hurt. Maybe Schenn can step it up and fill the void.

vCash
    Yeah, it's one of those things you remember vividly...like when I first found out America's princess, Anna Nicole-Smith died...lol.

Lindros, was a legend plain and simple. The internet wasn't around and I remember people would share stories they heard about him at hockey games or in casual conversation. He was the Lebron James of hockey minus the internet, mass media or social media. It was an amazing day when we learned we got him, especially over the Rangers...LOL.

Yeah...Lindros still looked good in that alumnii game before the Winter Classic...I still contend he would have won a Cup here if they had a stinking goalie.
    Yeah, his 8 years or so here were all marked by late-term Hexy & Beezer, Garth Snow, Esche, the rotating Swedes, etc.

The 2 moves they absolutely had to make but didn't were Richter and Messier. For me, this forever taints Clarke's Flyers legacy. Messier would have been Rose to Lindros' Schmidt. Them + Richter = at least 1 cup, probably several.
    [

vCash

Yeah ya know after all these years I look back sometimes and do the usual what if, like what if we had Forsberg, Simon, Duschene and Ricci for that run instead of Lindros. But I'm not sure where to pin point the difference maker cuz the only guy that comes close to a Red Wing killer that we gave up in that deal was Forsberg. In his prime, yes, but we would've needed a Joe Sakic who could magnify his talents in order to win that series, or atleast not get swept. Anyway, I think no matter the scoring, defense or goaltending would've made any difference whatsoever cuz the Flyers were destined to lose to the undisputed champ's of legendary dynasty hockey murder and rape, the Detroit Red Wings.

However I agree with what you and somebody else said above about Lindros, I'm pretty burnt out but I still believe he's got gas left in the tank. If there are Ford's and Pontiacs from 1976 still running today without much restoration, then Eric Lindros can still play hockey. Sign him for this year's playoff run, Claude Lemieux style.
    Last edited by Ernie Hudson; 07-03-2012 at 07:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Hudson View Post
    [/B]If there are Ford's and Pontiacs from 1976 still running today without much restoration, then Eric Lindros can still play hockey. Sign him for this year's playoff run, Claude Lemieux style.
    In a worst case scenario when Sidney Crosby gets another bump on the head and all the NHL wants to talk about is Crosby and head shots then Lindros can call him out in post game interviews and be like "That boy is a *****! In my day we used to come back to the bench, puke in a bucket and get back out there! Where is the heart???"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    "That boy is a *****! In my day we used to come back to the bench, puke in a bucket and get back out there! Where is the heart???"
    What's funny is you ain't kiddin. That's pretty much exactly how they used to do it back in the day, in all sports. Hurl and then get back in the game. Mostly football and hockey. Like as much as I hate Troy Aikman, I can't believe the guy played a whole game with broken ribs and no painkillers. Truly respectable.
    Last edited by Ernie Hudson; 07-03-2012 at 08:05 PM.

vCash
    I'm a big fan of trading for Weber now & using that to draw Suter.

We already lost JVR & Jagr, so we will likely need some scoring help. Doan fits that bill, as does a guy like Sullivan. We've got plenty of youth...Read, Meszaros, Gus, 3 firsts should be a compelling offer for Weber.

If the Flyers do that, sign Suter & bring in Doan, they'd have a lineup that could go toe-to-toe with any in the NHL.

vCash
    Always fun to speculate. If not Lindros we may have turned around and made some other big splash deal that worked out even worse. At least with Big E you were bound to see something pretty cool every night.

I believe it was '03(?) when we blew a 3-1 lead vs. NJ, when Lindros came back for Game 7 he was clearly still the best player on the ice despite not playing all season.

Too bad Scott Stevens had to be born...
    [

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Always fun to speculate. If not Lindros we may have turned around and made some other big splash deal that worked out even worse. At least with Big E you were bound to see something pretty cool every night.

I believe it was '03(?) when we blew a 3-1 lead vs. NJ, when Lindros came back for Game 7 he was clearly still the best player on the ice despite not playing all season.

Too bad Scott Stevens had to be born...
    It was actually the 1999-2000 playoffs. I was just watching the videos today. talk about depressing! Completely dirty hit by stevens. Elbow to the head! I cant believe that there are people who think that hit was legal......

But it was totally cool cause Joe Sakic rocked Stevens in game 7 of the stanley cup finals......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    I'm a big fan of trading for Weber now & using that to draw Suter.

We already lost JVR & Jagr, so we will likely need some scoring help. Doan fits that bill, as does a guy like Sullivan. We've got plenty of youth...Read, Meszaros, Gus, 3 firsts should be a compelling offer for Weber.

If the Flyers do that, sign Suter & bring in Doan, they'd have a lineup that could go toe-to-toe with any in the NHL.

With the whole Weber thing, there's no point in trying.

1. He's an RFA, and word is he does not want to stay in Nashville. So he'll just sign a 1 year contract and leave next year.

2. If the Flyers (or anyone) send an offer sheet for Weber, Nashville will match anything and automatically get Weber locked up for the term of the offered contract (hence nobody has sent an offer sheet in for the best Dman in the NHL)

3. No reason to trade anything for him. He'll more then likely be a UFA next year, and the Flyers can just go get him then. It will be expensive, but signing him to ANY contract will be expensive (even if you trade for his rights and try to sign him).