Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 44 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund

As for Suter. Detroit and Nashville. As of now..
    Meh, we shall see. I dont think anyone has any sources right now lol!

vCash
    Think about it. One of the main reasons why the Flyers sent a huge contract to Parise, is to ensure Pittsburgh wont get him. So you have 3 atlantic division rivals that are big players in this... what if Parise signs with NJ after all of this? Any chance NJ is just trying to mess up their Atlantic rivals' offseasons? Many good players they could of all signed have now come and gone all because Parise (and Suter) are stalling so much. No doubt that this current situation is greatly hurting Philly and Pittsburgh. Especially imagine if Parise makes his announcement right after Ryan (Philly's backup plan) is taken.

If Suter signs in Nashville, and Parise signs in NJ, I officially call shenanigans

If I am Homer, I call ******** on this. Trade Read/1st round/1 prospect for Bobby Ryan, resign Carle if he's reasonable, and sign free agent Kyle Wellwood to replace Read. It just seems like the rational and cheap thing to do.

vCash
    screw Carle at this point... i think you burned that bridge.

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    Think about it. One of the main reasons why the Flyers sent a huge contract to Parise, is to ensure Pittsburgh wont get him. So you have 3 atlantic division rivals that are big players in this... what if Parise signs with NJ after all of this? Any chance NJ is just trying to mess up their Atlantic rivals' offseasons? Many good players they could of all signed have now come and gone all because Parise (and Suter) are stalling so much. No doubt that this current situation is greatly hurting Philly and Pittsburgh. Especially imagine if Parise makes his announcement right after Ryan (Philly's backup plan) is taken.

If Suter signs in Nashville, and Parise signs in NJ, I officially call shenanigans

If I am Homer, I call ******** on this. Trade Read/1st round/1 prospect for Bobby Ryan, resign Carle if he's reasonable, and sign free agent Kyle Wellwood to replace Read. It just seems like the rational and cheap thing to do.
    Well that's 1 for a conspiracy theory haha.

vCash
    Meh it's not over til it's over.

vCash
    Flyers are just as guilty as the other 29 teams. Carle is an ugly girl on prom night, everyone knows it.

If Pittsburgh was smart they'd ditch the Suter plan and sign Carle right away. But luckily, they arent.

vCash
    The funny part is the rumors are the Homer just wanted to raise the price on Parise and Suter, but in turn he's also raising the price on Carle, who it would seem was the backup plan. By offering Suter so much money he's raising Carle's price!

vCash
    Olli Jokinen got 2 years 9m, haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoPo18 View Post
    The funny part is the rumors are the Homer just wanted to raise the price on Parise and Suter, but in turn he's also raising the price on Carle, who it would seem was the backup plan. By offering Suter so much money he's raising Carle's price!
    Not really. His price was already raised based on Wideman and Garrisson.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    good points on Carle, but damn i just dont want him at anything above 4.5 no no no no no

not unless we get a true #1 to hide his flaws like Prongs did so well

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    What are the chances that we throw a monster offer at Weber after Suter signs? Just putting it out there... He hasn't resigned with Nashville and we need a replacement for Pronger still. Or do we just hope he signs a 1 year deal with Nashville and try to sign him as a UFA next season?

vCash
    Because Weber is a RFA, he would cost us a ton of first round picks.

vCash
    Yeah, I realize that it'd be 4 1st rounders, but we have a deep core of young forwards under 23 years old. Just saying, Weber's name hasn't been thrown around really at all, just wondering if Homer's debating throwing him an offer sheet. I remember last year there was a ton of talk about us giving one to Stamkos, but that never happened

vCash
    Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund

As for Suter. Detroit and Nashville. As of now..
    Not surprised.. Sounded like all along that tey intended to drive the price up for Pittsburgh and NJ. Sounds like it worked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lego My Eggo View Post
    Yeah, I realize that it'd be 4 1st rounders, but we have a deep core of young forwards under 23 years old. Just saying, Weber's name hasn't been thrown around really at all, just wondering if Homer's debating throwing him an offer sheet. I remember last year there was a ton of talk about us giving one to Stamkos, but that never happened
    I think that Offer sheet thing to the RFA is some sort of an unwritten rule that you don't poach another team's player....I think the one and only time we did that was for Chris Gratton back in the day...

but hell, giving up four first rounders is probably a better value to us than giving up Couts or Schenn or any of the other young guys we'd have to give them..