Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 157 of 158 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158 LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2362
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    we'll have to agree to disagree on Bryz. i'm not having this conversation again with yet another person. no offense to you, frankly i'm just sick of arguing about it.
    i dont want to argue about it either. I think you are right. My point is the guy is volatile, so while it is a good point, it should also be taken with some skepticism. At least more than most people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    With the state of the team's defense this year it might just be a blessing if they don't play the season.
    Well next year there may be not only no Pronger, but no Timonen. He said he may retire after this year so who knows.

The Flyers D needs a top pairing d man.

And Schenn needs to get more mobility or he's going to suck in Laviolette's offensive system or else he'll be a bottom pairing d man and that trade will suck even more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by #14 View Post
    Well next year there may be not only no Pronger, but no Timonen. He said he may retire after this year so who knows.

The Flyers D needs a top pairing d man.

And Schenn needs to get more mobility or he's going to suck in Laviolette's offensive system or else he'll be a bottom pairing d man and that trade will suck even more.

assuming there is no 2012/2013 season ...

the 2013/2014 season:

giroux will be in the last year of his deal before he becomes an RFA (unless that is changed by the CBA)

briere will have two years left (2013/2014 and 2014/2015) on his deal

brayden schenn and couturier will be in the last year of their deals before they are RFAs (unless that is changed by the new CBA)

No shelley or rusty - both deals expire after this season

matt read will be in the last year of his deal before he is a UFA

rinaldo will be in the last year of his deal before he is a RFA

this season is the last year of Kimo's deal ... so he will be a UFA

mez will be in the last year of his deal before he is a UFA

and

matt walker will come off the books - UFA in the 2013/2014 season start

we will have so much cap room we wont even know what to do with it ... and all of our major firepower on offense will still be under 26ish

the lockout isn't that bad for us in terms of management ... but ... it is torture without hockey
    Last edited by castan_b; 11-02-2012 at 04:53 PM. Reason: spelling

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post

the 2013/2014 season:

giroux will be in the last year of his deal before he becomes an RFA (unless that is changed by the CBA)

brayden schenn and couturier will be in the last year of their deals before they are RFAs (unless that is changed by the new CBA)

and

we will have so much cap room we wont even know what to do with it ... and all of our major firepower on offense will still be under 26ish

the lockout isn't that bad for us in terms of management ... but ... it is torture without hockey

may not have as much cap as you think with all the talk of reducing the salary cap.

vCash

the 2013/2014 season:

and

the only noteworthy contract coming off the books is Kimmos. I dont understand why your saying we will have so much cap room. Plus we cant overspend if we intend on signing all our under payed guys the following year when they are due for a raise.

vCash
    Only bright spot in philly sports! Flyers not playing woohoo worse sport ever. Lets go lockout lets go lockout (:

vCash
    Well, the cap is most likely going to go down and the contracts that need to be dished out to players like Giroux, Couturier, B. Schenn, and so on are going to cost a ton of money. It probably won't be as much cap space and you think. Giroux could be making $8 million + and I'd expect that Couturier will be making near that by the time as well, or at least on his way to that.

And that's not taking into account that if they do follow through on one of their previous ideas from their proposals, contracts like Richards and Carter could count against the Flyers cap should they retire (although I don't see that happening any time soon and that may not even happen, but it's a possibility).

They still have the black hole of Pronger's contract on the books not to mention Bryzgalov.

+ a number 1 d man doesn't just fall to you. You have to overpay one way or another. If it's through trade, you have to overpay or give up something of equal value (like Giroux). If it's through free agency you have to give them a ridiculous contract (like Suter). That's if there's something to force a team to trade one or a team that lets a real number 1 d man go to free agency (in which case that number 1 d man has to want to sign with you... just look at Suter for that as well).

Not as easy as one might think. I don't see the Flyers winning as their defense is currently constructed. They need to replace Pronger and sooner or later Timonen. And they suck at drafting d man.

vCash
    couturier and schenn - if the NHL gets its way in the CBA - will be under rookie contracts with set wage increases until they are like 26 - 28 years old before they can cash in basically; so that should keep their costs fairly low ... sure giroux will cost money, but you pay the man.

in the new CBA, they are talking about retired players (which pronger will be) not counting against the cap anymore and kimo will be off the books.

the 2014/2015 season, with a lot more players coming off the books is where the cap becomes wide open with Mez also coming off the books

vCash
    in the new CBA, they are talking about retired players (which pronger will be) not counting against the cap anymore and kimo will be off the books.
    No, those players, especially since Pronger was signed to a +35 contract, will still count against the cap if he's retired. The best thing would be if he stayed injured.

Their talking about players retiring cap hit to go against the team that signed said player. Thus players like Richards and Carter would count against the Flyers cap if they retired. If Luongo is traded and then retires, he'd count against the Canuck's cap. On and on.

That's what their talking about. Who knows if they'll do it though.

vCash
    couturier and schenn - if the NHL gets its way in the CBA - will be under rookie contracts with set wage increases until they are like 26 - 28 years old before they can cash in basically; so that should keep their costs fairly low ... sure giroux will cost money, but you pay the man.

the 2014/2015 season, with a lot more players coming off the books is where the cap becomes wide open with Mez also coming off the books
    idk maybe your right but il wait until the deal is set to be calculating the cap. too many variables.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by #14 View Post
    No, those players, especially since Pronger was signed to a +35 contract, will still count against the cap if he's retired. The best thing would be if he stayed injured.

Their talking about players retiring cap hit to go against the team that signed said player. Thus players like Richards and Carter would count against the Flyers cap if they retired. If Luongo is traded and then retires, he'd count against the Canuck's cap. On and on.

That's what their talking about. Who knows if they'll do it though.

the last i read, i thought that excluded cases where injury caused the retirement - not length of contract.

maybe i read it wrong though ... HOPEFULLY - this whole thing ends today.

vCash
    Admittedly since they officially started cancelling games at the begnning of the year I've paid very little attention to much............kind of a "just wake me up when the blah blah blah of the negotiations is over so we can watch hockey again" ..............BUT..............if the gossip is true about how great Bryz is doing in the KHL maybe we better start goalie shopping again LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Admittedly since they officially started cancelling games at the begnning of the year I've paid very little attention to much............kind of a "just wake me up when the blah blah blah of the negotiations is over so we can watch hockey again" ..............BUT..............if the gossip is true about how great Bryz is doing in the KHL maybe we better start goalie shopping again LOL
    i actually had a couple tweet sessions with bill meltzer to see what he thinks about the whole Bryz situation.

what he's been saying is that the other goalie has been real hot so far this season, so he's been taking away from Bryz's game time, which obviously isn't sitting well with Bryz, b/c he didn't sign in the KHL to ride the bench.

it's really not so much that Bryz isn't playing well as it is the other goalie is just playing great.

i'm really not worried. i don't care how the goalies play over there. different angles, wider rink, HORRIBLE defense on Bryz's team as well all factor into it.

we're not paying him to see how he plays in the KHL, we're paying him to see how he plays in the NHL. as long as he plays well here -- whenever that is -- i don't give two ***** how poorly he plays in Russia.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    i actually had a couple tweet sessions with bill meltzer to see what he thinks about the whole Bryz situation.

what he's been saying is that the other goalie has been real hot so far this season, so he's been taking away from Bryz's game time, which obviously isn't sitting well with Bryz, b/c he didn't sign in the KHL to ride the bench.

it's really not so much that Bryz isn't playing well as it is the other goalie is just playing great.

i'm really not worried. i don't care how the goalies play over there. different angles, wider rink, HORRIBLE defense on Bryz's team as well all factor into it.

we're not paying him to see how he plays in the KHL, we're paying him to see how he plays in the NHL. as long as he plays well here -- whenever that is -- i don't give two ***** how poorly he plays in Russia.
    Well from the sounds of it, it doesn't sound like the team he's on sucks......here's a clip ..

Bryzgalov's sluggish play has continued with CSKA Moscow of the Kontinental Hockey League. This is traditionally one of the strongest teams in the KHL, but it has been vulnerable when Bryzgalov has been in the net.

Through his first six games, he has a 2-4 record with a 2.92 GAA and an .892 save percentage. The 32-year-old has not looked comfortable, and it would be hard for him to blame his teammates. When he has been on the bench and Rastislav Stana, 32, has been in the net for CSKA Moscow, Stana has a 10-2 record with a 1.58 GAA and a .944 save percentage. Stana also has three shutouts.

I'm fine if the other guy is very hot and Bryz is not.......the troubling part is that he's apparently not reacting well to it all from an emotional standpoint...he's refusing to talk to the media and claiming they are writing "Filth" about him so he won't talk to them..............Geee, that all sounds familir doesn't it?......That's the part that is worrisome to me. If he's gonna be that sensitive when he's in his own country surrounded by everyone who speaks his language how's he going to be here if he hits another rough patch?

I'm not sounding the alarm bells here...... I can see not caring about what happens there because it's meaningless to our season.....if............that's IF Bryz had been strong last year.....but coming off a sub par season this becomes a bit more concerning that he hasn't got himself on track yet. I don't wanna hear big rinks and bad angles and all that.......if he's acting like a big baby again because he's not playing well or getting playing time then that should absolutely be some sort of mild concern for anyone here I would think.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Well from the sounds of it, it doesn't sound like the team he's on sucks......here's a clip ..

Bryzgalov's sluggish play has continued with CSKA Moscow of the Kontinental Hockey League. This is traditionally one of the strongest teams in the KHL, but it has been vulnerable when Bryzgalov has been in the net.

Through his first six games, he has a 2-4 record with a 2.92 GAA and an .892 save percentage. The 32-year-old has not looked comfortable, and it would be hard for him to blame his teammates. When he has been on the bench and Rastislav Stana, 32, has been in the net for CSKA Moscow, Stana has a 10-2 record with a 1.58 GAA and a .944 save percentage. Stana also has three shutouts.

I'm fine if the other guy is very hot and Bryz is not.......the troubling part is that he's apparently not reacting well to it all from an emotional standpoint...he's refusing to talk to the media and claiming they are writing "Filth" about him so he won't talk to them..............Geee, that all sounds familir doesn't it?......That's the part that is worrisome to me. If he's gonna be that sensitive when he's in his own country surrounded by everyone who speaks his language how's he going to be here if he hits another rough patch?

I'm not sounding the alarm bells here...... I can see not caring about what happens there because it's meaningless to our season.....if............that's IF Bryz had been strong last year.....but coming off a sub par season this becomes a bit more concerning that he hasn't got himself on track yet. I don't wanna hear big rinks and bad angles and all that.......if he's acting like a big baby again because he's not playing well or getting playing time then that should absolutely be some sort of mild concern for anyone here I would think.....

well, no actually it shouldn't. the playing bad part, yeah maybe. but the playing time part? Bryz is gonna play.

think of it this way. i'm sure the players that went over seas are thinking that this is almost like spring training for them. and they can't stay fresh and get ready if they don't play.

the problem is, it's not spring training. these teams are legit and playing legit seasons and actually care about what their record is. and especially for goalies, i mean they are the only players that really need to worry about splitting the workload because they play a position that actually has backups. so whoever is hot at the time is gonna play. and you saw those numbers from their other goalie. he's HOT. and you can't tell me he's actually better than Bryz. the guy played a total of 6 games in the NHL in his career. he's just hot right now.

so no, i really don't see any reason for concern. Bryz wants to play to stay fresh. he's getting half the playing time as the other goalie. i'm not saying he should piss and moan, but it's not a concern for me, because he's not doing it while playing for the Flyers right now. if he pulls this **** during the NHL season -- if there is one -- then i'll be concerned.

for now, who gives a **** honestly.