Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 156 of 158 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158 LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 2362
    vCash
    Voracek out for 4 weeks, only positive thing out of this lockout is helping us recover from injuries.

This is why I watch soccer.

vCash
    nice segue ...

lets say pronger can come back - but he is 40 - do we take him off of LTIR (assuming the CBA is the same) and let him be our 5th and 6th defender for the rest of his career? i would say yes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    nice segue ...

lets say pronger can come back - but he is 40 - do we take him off of LTIR (assuming the CBA is the same) and let him be our 5th and 6th defender for the rest of his career? i would say yes.
    ABSOLUTELY!!! But unfortunately, I do not see that happening....

vCash
    would anyone hate it if bryz stayed in the khl? assuming it will void his contract

vCash
    It would completely screw them over this year in net (unless they made a trade for Luongo or something) but I wouldn't mind it. It would help in the long run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    would anyone hate it if bryz stayed in the khl? assuming it will void his contract
    don't see any way this happens. he'd be leaving way too much money on the table if he left for the KHL.

i'm also one of the minority who wants to see him have another year to prove himself. he knows what to expect this year, hopefully there won't be another plethora of injuries in front of him that causes guys like bourdon to play.

i want to see another year (hell, might even need next year too since we have this damn lockout) to see what he can give this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    don't see any way this happens. he'd be leaving way too much money on the table if he left for the KHL.

i'm also one of the minority who wants to see him have another year to prove himself. he knows what to expect this year, hopefully there won't be another plethora of injuries in front of him that causes guys like bourdon to play.

i want to see another year (hell, might even need next year too since we have this damn lockout) to see what he can give this team.
    Aren't we already at that point right now? With Meszaros hurt there's only 4 defensemen that are definitely NHL quality defensemen with Timmonen, Coburn, Schenn and Grossmann. After that it's Lilja, Bourdon, Gustafsson, etc. right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by delfinko View Post
    Aren't we already at that point right now? With Meszaros hurt there's only 4 defensemen that are definitely NHL quality defensemen with Timmonen, Coburn, Schenn and Grossmann. After that it's Lilja, Bourdon, Gustafsson, etc. right?
    I think Bourdon is getting a bad-rap.I mean last season the guy was also a rookie and he also played on and off with injuries.He is willing to drop the gloves if need be,takes the body and shows a little offense and finished a +4 for the season as a rookie and all he gets is criticized.

I think he earned a least chance on this team...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYER-FAN View Post
    I think Bourdon is getting a bad-rap.I mean last season the guy was also a rookie and he also played on and off with injuries.He is willing to drop the gloves if need be,takes the body and shows a little offense and finished a +4 for the season as a rookie and all he gets is criticized.

I have been arguing this non stop, I like more then gustafsson who I believe gets *****ed around more then anyone

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYER-FAN View Post

I was simply saying we're already at the point where he probably has to play, and might have been there even if Meszaros wasn't hurt. I won't say I'm a big fan of his so far, but in the right defensive pairing he can work out. I just think he needs to play with a very defensive minded partner because he seems more interested in playing offense than defense. He had a few games where it looked like he could be pretty good, but more often then not, he was out of position or turning the puck over and the person who really took the heat was Matt Carle. For all the **** Matt Carle got around here, Bourdon (among others) hasn't gotten nearly the bad-rap he deserves.

If they put him with Grossmann I think he can look a lot better this year, but that would require moving Grossmann or to the third line, or Bourdon to the second line. Then again it's tough to predict who the 6 starting defensemen would be right now let alone what the pairings would be.

vCash
    and i wasn't meaning to point to bourdon specifically, he was just the first name that came to mind.

what i was saying was Bryz had a revolving door of defensemen in front of him last season, and they were all young guys with little to no NHL experience. marshall, manning, bourdon, gustaffson, etc. combine that with the fact that it's your first year in a market where people actually care about hockey and care if you do or don't succeed, and it has the makings for a tough year.

i expect much more out of Bryz this year than i did last year, put it that way. i have high hopes for him this season that he'll bounce back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    and i wasn't meaning to point to bourdon specifically, he was just the first name that came to mind.

what i was saying was Bryz had a revolving door of defensemen in front of him last season, and they were all young guys with little to no NHL experience. marshall, manning, bourdon, gustaffson, etc. combine that with the fact that it's your first year in a market where people actually care about hockey and care if you do or don't succeed, and it has the makings for a tough year.

i expect much more out of Bryz this year than i did last year, put it that way. i have high hopes for him this season that he'll bounce back.
    I dont see how our D will be much better this year(whenever that is), I told you before mez got injured we needed more depth, just statistically speaking someone is eventually bound to get injured. Now we are right back to where we were last year.

I agree he SHOULD be alittle better with a year under his belt and knowing what to expect from the organization and fans. However, the guy is a headcase so what we expect of a normal human being is not 100% relevant to the situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allphillyman359 View Post
    I dont see how our D will be much better this year(whenever that is), I told you before mez got injured we needed more depth, just statistically speaking someone is eventually bound to get injured. Now we are right back to where we were last year.

I agree he SHOULD be alittle better with a year under his belt and knowing what to expect from the organization and fans. However, the guy is a headcase so what we expect of a normal human being is not 100% relevant to the situation.
    we'll have to agree to disagree on Bryz. i'm not having this conversation again with yet another person. no offense to you, frankly i'm just sick of arguing about it.

vCash
    With the state of the team's defense this year it might just be a blessing if they don't play the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    With the state of the team's defense this year it might just be a blessing if they don't play the season.
    **** that man i wanna see some hockey. don't care if they don't win it all this year; haven't won it all in my lifetime. one more year isn't gonna kill me.

i want hockey.