Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 154 of 158 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2362
    vCash
    I'm just trying to be open minded.

Giroux is a great player.

Couturier is one of the most untouchable players in the league. He brings something to the Flyers that no one else does. Schenn has his brother here now. It's really not that big of a stretch as people want to make it. Giroux is really the only one who has the value to bring back a star #1 d man.

If Richards can get traded, anyone on this team can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Devastate 28 View Post
    Oh my. I love Couturier but man is he is overrated.

1. Junior numbers mean little. See the numbers Sam Gagner put up in junior? See what he did his first year? Yeah, after his first season people said that if he was in the '08 draft he'd be up there with Doughty and Stamkos. See, now that seems pretty funny right?

2. He fell for a reason. You can say mono or the fact that the teams above him are idiots, but players fall and rise for a reason. On top of that, you have no idea how half the players in front of him will turn out.

3. He's not the best pick or player from that draft. RNH, IMO, will hands down be better pretty easily. Landeskog? Very good chance. Huberdeau? Hasn't played in the NHL but that's not hard to see. Larsson? Well, hey, Hamilton, chosen 1 pick after Couturier, has a good chance to be a better player. Do a re-draft right now (which is incredibly stupid might I add), and while Flyer fans may think he goes before Huberdeau, the top 4 stay the same.

4. Couturier will be a great player, don't get me wrong, but how many times do players hit their ceiling? People overrate draft position all the time. A year after Jordan Staal was drafted, he was supposed to do a lot more than he's done (points wise). Giroux on the other hand, was picked 22nd, took a lot longer to develop, and has far surpassed Jordan Staal as a better player. Couturier was one of the most NHL ready from the draft. He was more NHL ready than RNH by far (and probably on par with Landeskog).

5. He did a great job defensively. Too bad defense doesn't make you a first line center. I see him as a Patrice Bergeron type. Nothing wrong with that and I don't know why people get so offended when people say that.

6. A lot of the things people say in favor of Couturier, are things that Penguin fans said about Staal.

7. Flyer fans claim that Giroux is not just a top 5 center/forward, but a top 5 player in the NHL. I've seen them say he's going to be better than Tavares, even down the road. So does that mean people actually think Sean Couturier has a higher ceiling and is going to be a better player than John Tavares?

8. There is at least one player on every team (well, maybe not Calgary) that I would trade Couturier for. People overrate his value so much it's not funny. I've seen people say they wouldn't trade him for any outside of Malkin. I've seen people say they wouldn't trade him for Pietrangelo. For Weber. Etc. Or that he's worth more than PK Subban or that he's worth more for OEL. He's a great player, don't get me wrong, and has a ton of potential, but I'd do all of those trades in a second.

9. Stop saying Holmgren wouldn't trade Couturier for Weber. That's not true. He wouldn't trade Couturier AND Schenn +++ for Weber. I agree with that. If he wouldn't trade Couturier for Weber, he should be fired.

The Flyers need a top pairing defenseman to replace Pronger. Agree there. But they aren't trading Giroux for that. Couturier and Schenn are far, far more likely to get traded before him.
    If Couturier was on the Oilers he would have put up a better season than RNH. Couts will be the best player from that draft.

vCash
    Are actually Sean Couturier??? I dont see how any one else would possibly believe this...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by porterpotty28 View Post
    Are actually Sean Couturier??? I dont see how any one else would possibly believe this...
    Yeah, no, I am not Sean Couturier.

And what's so hard to believe? What do you think he'll be in the future? Why is it so hard to believe he can be a franchise player?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by #14 View Post
    If Couturier was on the Oilers he would have put up a better season than RNH. Couts will be the best player from that draft.
    Lol wut? You are either dumb or trolling

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    Lol wut? You are either dumb or trolling
    I'm not trolling.

RNH scored most of his points off the PP.
    5-on-5 he didn't so well.
    He had much better line mates than Couturier (Eberle and Hall were his 2 most common linemates).
    He got more minutes.
    He got easier minutes (was very sheltered).
    He wasn't great defensively.
    He got PP time (which Couturier got very little).
    He did not play the PK.

RNH put up a very good statistical season and yes, a season better than Couturier. But he was put in a better position to succeed. I'm pretty sure than Couturier had more points/60 minutes and better 5-on-5 numbers.

It's not that crazy to see that Couturier has a chance to be the best player from the draft.

Why am I trolling? Why don't you tell me what you think Couturier will turn out to be?

vCash
    I think he will turn out to be what the vast majority of every reputable scout and source says: #2 center who plays great defense. AKA Jordan Staal

vCash
    If he was just Jordan Staal and that's what the Flyer organization thought his ceiling was, why would they refuse to trade him for Weber?

vCash
    Because its nice to have a young, cost controlled, 2 way center

You do realize that you are saying that you see something in Couturier that the vast majority of PROFESSIONALS dont see, right? Do you know how crazy that is?

vCash
    Because its nice to have a young, cost controlled, 2 way center

You do realize that you are saying that you see something in Couturier that the vast majority of PROFESSIONALS dont see, right? Do you know how crazy that is?
    Right, Shea Weber is the best d man in the league and fills one of the biggest missing pieces on the Flyers. Who cares if he's cost controlled? 3rd line centers (which is what Couturier was last year) are a lot easier to find than #1 d men. The Flyers have Giroux, Schenn, and Briere for top 6 centers. They have a glut of centers and no #1 d man. So if that's what his ceiling is, that should have been the easiest trade for Homer to make.

vCash
    Oh right, Im being silly. Couturier has it. Whatever it is exactly

vCash
    Schizophrenics don't think they are crazy either.

vCash
    Right, Shea Weber is the best d man in the league and fills one of the biggest missing pieces on the Flyers. Who cares if he's cost controlled? 3rd line centers (which is what Couturier was last year) are a lot easier to find than #1 d men. The Flyers have Giroux, Schenn, and Briere for top 6 centers. They have a glut of centers and no #1 d man. So if that's what his ceiling is, that should have been the easiest trade for Homer to make.
    Holmgren refused to trade Couturier AND Schenn +++ for Weber, not Couturier. If he refused to trade Couturier for him, he should fired. Weber is a better player than Couturier will ever be.

Couturier is a great player and he looks like he could be something special... but so do a lot players. People ridiculously overrate potential and draft position. it's not funny. You can be a special player and not be a superstar. See: Patrice Bergeron. There's at least one player on every team (except for maybe Calgary) that I would trade him for.

Anaheim Ducks: Perry, possibly Fowler
    Boston Bruins: Bergeron, Chara, Seguin (maybe Rask and Hamilton as well)
    Buffalo Sabres: Myers
    Calgary Flames: no one
    Carolina Hurricanes: E. Staal, J. Staal, Skinner
    Chicago Blackhawks: Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook
    Colorado Avalanche: Landeskog, Duchene, E. Johnson
    Columbus Blue Jackets: Murray
    Dallas Stars: Eriksson, Benn
    Detroit Red Wings: Zetterberg, Datysuk
    Edmonton Oilers: Hall, Eberle, RNH, Yakupov
    Florida Panthers: Kulikov, Gudbranson... Also think that Huberdeau will be a better player
    Los Angeles Kings: Kopitar, Richards, Doughty, Quick
    Minnesota Wild: Koivu, Suter (possibly Granlund in the future because there's a chance he's a better player as well)
    Montreal Canadiens: Subban, Price
    Nashville Predators: Weber, Rinne
    New Jersey Devils: Kovalchuk, possibly Larsson
    New York Islanders: Tavares, Hamonic
    New York Rangers: McDonagh, Lundqvist, Gaborik
    Ottawa Senators: Karlsson, Spezza
    Philadelphia Flyers: Giroux
    Phoenix Coyotes: OEL
    Pittsburgh Penguins: Crosby, Malkin, Letang
    San Jose Sharks: Thornton, Couture, maybe Pavelski
    St. Louis Blues: Pietrangelo, Backes, Tarasenko
    Tampa Bay Lighting: Stamkos, Hedman possibly
    Toronto Maple Leafs: Kessel
    Vancouver Canucks: Kesler, H. Sedin, D. Sedin... maybe Schneider as well
    Washington Capitals: Ovechkin, Backstrom, Carlson
    Winnipeg Jets: Kane, Bogosian

The list would be shorter if you took age, contracts and need into consideration. But the point, is there are many players better than him in the NHL and in all probability there are players like Tarasenko and Hamilton that could be better than him in the long run. I probably missed a few too. And his value is significantly less than a good portion of those players as well. These high hopes that you and so many other people have for him are a tad ridiculous IMO. He was one of the most NHL ready players. He's been ridiculously overrated by Flyer fans.

It's insanity to suggest to trade a player like Giroux because of Sean Couturier. And no, he's not close to being the best player in the 2011 draft. I'd say that RNH will easily be better. Landeskog, too. Larsson, Hamilton and Huberdeau have a good chance as well. Do a re-draft right now, he's not in the top 4.

You obviously like Couturier, but seriously, get off of it.
    Last edited by Devastate 28; 10-06-2012 at 07:39 PM.

vCash
    Oh right, Im being silly. Couturier has it. Whatever it is exactly

He's the type of player that you win with. He has a unique skill set that no one else on the team has.

That's why he's untouchable.

vCash

He's the type of player that you win with. He has a unique skill set that no one else on the team has.

That's why he's untouchable.
    And what skill set is that? Great defense and less than a PPG? Kind of sounds like Mike Richards and Jordan Staal