Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 148 of 158 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2362
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Youarewrong View Post
    LOL so they lost because Richards and Carter didn't buy into "Dry Island". If I were a 25 year old professional athlete, I would scoff at this too. I dare you to ask the 70's team not to drink. They nearly canceled games becuase their favorite bar burnt down.... lol.

And what is this about Carter breaking up Hartnell's marriage? I'm not even sure I heard about this, but I know one thing... If I let a friend break up my marriage, it wouldnt be the friends fault...

And btw... before you go on a rant how athletes should treat thier body as a temple.... check this out...

http://deadspin.com/5912332/claude-g...on-both-wrists
    Is that what I said? Reread my post. Laviolette asked them to stop because they were getting out of hand with it. After home games they were going to local campuses and partying with underage girls. They were showing up late to practices and not setting the right example for the rest of the team. There's an entirely different expectation on you when you're a captain or an alternate captain. What kind of message do you think that sent the team when they defied their coach's and owners' authority? It created a division in the locker room and that translated into their on-ice performance. Do you need further proof than our play after the all-star break? Or how we barely scraped by the Sabres? Or got smacked around by the Bruins? Or, last but certainly not least, how the core leaders of the team were traded during the off-season? (that was Rochards and Carter, in case you were wondering).

And in case you didn't know, Carter slept with Hartnell's wife.

I'm not saying anything about how a professional athlete should treat his body. I don't care that Rochards and Carter were partying. I don't care if Giroux plays beer pong with his casts on. But when you're the captain of a hockey team, and your coach asks you to do something, you don't scoff at it and basically smack the organization in the face. You respect it, you adhere to it, and you set the example as a leader.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuys89 View Post
    Is that what I said? Reread my post. Laviolette asked them to stop because they were getting out of hand with it. After home games they were going to local campuses and partying with underage girls. They were showing up late to practices and not setting the right example for the rest of the team. There's an entirely different expectation on you when you're a captain or an alternate captain. What kind of message do you think that sent the team when they defied their coach's and owners' authority? It created a division in the locker room and that translated into their on-ice performance. Do you need further proof than our play after the all-star break? Or how we barely scraped by the Sabres? Or got smacked around by the Bruins? Or, last but certainly not least, how the core leaders of the team were traded during the off-season? (that was Rochards and Carter, in case you were wondering).

I'm not saying anything about how a professional athlete should treat his body. I don't care that Rochards and Carter were partying. I don't care if Giroux plays beer pong with his casts on. But when you're the captain of a hockey team, and your coach asks you to do something, you don't scoff at it and basically smack the organization in the face. You respect it, you adhere to it, and you set the example as a leader.

I thought that was a complete rumor?

Hartnell's wife was pretty hot though...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    a) how many cups did the 70's teams win? that's the difference. also, they went to ONE bar all the time; they didn't cruise around old-city looking to get wasted and laid. thirdly, they did it as a team, and it basically became a fan event. they were there having drinks with fans and signing autographs half the time. big difference.

b) if you're friend broke up your marriage, he better have hell to pay. the wife is just as much at fault, but that friend isn't too good of a friend if he puts himself in a situation where he could **** around with your wife.

as much as that 70's team spent time at Rexy's, they NEVER let it affect their play on the ice. i can't say the same about the Old City crew that used to be a part of this team.

Your saying that Carter messed around with Hartnell's wife? Where is the proof. This is just awful rumor mongering. Not by you, but whoever started it. Let me guess Richards broke up Briere's marriage too...? I have a problem believing this as Carter and Hartnell would not have been "friends" after.
    "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view.", "The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master.", "I find your lack of faith disturbing.", "I can feel your anger... it gives you focus, it makes you stronger!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuys89 View Post

The trades were hockey decisions. They needed cap room for Bryz, they had this up and coming kid named Giroux 3rd in the center depth charts, and they had a short window to move 2 large long-term contracts before movement clauses kicked in. They were not traded because Carter slept with Hartnell's wife and Richards partied. There are other, less drastic ways to handle that.

And I think the downfall of that team was Pronger getting hurt. End of story. Pronger was the backbone of that team. He lead the PP, and PK. He was the outlet passer for offensive rushes, and he was a leader. The team was exhausted already, and when Pronger got hurt it completely changed the on-ice dynamic of the team.

This lesson was free, but I'm going to charge next time.
    "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view.", "The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master.", "I find your lack of faith disturbing.", "I can feel your anger... it gives you focus, it makes you stronger!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Youarewrong View Post
    Your saying that Carter messed around with Hartnell's wife? Where is the proof. This is just awful rumor mongering. Not by you, but whoever started it. Let me guess Richards broke up Briere's marriage too...? I have a problem believing this as Carter and Hartnell would not have been "friends" after.
    It's all true, and it's actually funny you mention that, I heard from an inside source that the whole reason for the Bobby Ryan trade in the works is because Ryan is no longer wanted on the team after it was discovered he was on-and-off banging Bob Murray's wife. Soon after that was announced, Paul Holmgren allegedly caught Matt Read, Marc-Andre Bourdon and a 1st round selection in the 2014 draft all in bed with his wife, he immediatley got on the phone in an attempt to get some kind of deal done to get them outta here.

And to say Richards broke up Briere's marriage is nothing but foolish heresay. Everybody knows he only cut his brakes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    I thought that was a complete rumor?

Hartnell's wife was pretty hot though...
    It's another one of those unsubstantiated rumors. Like the ones where Richards and Carter were always hungover. It's a lot of stuff someone told someone who told someone who had a blog and they wrote it down and then someone on the internet saw it.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    take it for what it's worth https://twitter.com/JSB_CTV/status/238839541681762304 i cant see this being true but who knows
    Last edited by flyguy4; 08-24-2012 at 12:49 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flyguy4 View Post
    take it for what it's worth https://twitter.com/JSB_CTV/status/238839541681762304 i cant see this being true but who knows
    This was all over twitter. Don't see us getting him at all.

1) Giroux is the face of our franchise
    2) We signed Voracek (cant be traded now)
    3) Signed Simmonds, Hartnell to long term deals
    4) Only value trade pieces that we should trade don't equal Kanes value

I would love him but it's literally a dream

This is why I watch soccer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Ninja View Post
    This was all over twitter. Don't see us getting him at all.

1) Giroux is the face of our franchise
    2) We signed Voracek (cant be traded now)
    3) Signed Simmonds, Hartnell to long term deals
    4) Only value trade pieces that we should trade don't equal Kanes value

I would love him but it's literally a dream

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
    @rayonbigfm @garylawless. I am told Kane did not ask for a trade.

just a no-name "insider" trying to start something. no truth to this at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    just a no-name "insider" trying to start something. no truth to this at all.
    Yeah knew it was false info but even if true, the Flyers honestly can't afford to trade anyone but prospects and draft picks imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Ninja View Post
    Yeah knew it was false info but even if true, the Flyers honestly can't afford to trade anyone but prospects and draft picks imo.
    I could maybe see it being a 3 way trade with Anaheim. But that is like 100-1 chances of it happening. Homer just needs to sit back and wait for this CBA crap to be over.

Rumor yesterday that Jagr asked Giroux, Hartnell, and Voracek to play for this Czeck team during the lockout. Not sure how I would feel about this. I would either be scared they get hurt, or I would want more guys to join them so they can be in game shape and used to playing together once the season starts up. A lot like the Sixers this year. They all worked out hard so once the season started they were in shape while the rest of the league just tried to keep up. Flyers could use the extra step out of the gate while we wait for Mez.

vCash
    True or not, he wont be a Flyer.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    just curious even if the rumors arent true would you offer a similar package to the jets as the flyers did for bobby ryan or do you guys value him more or less than ryan

vCash
    just curious even if the rumors arent true would you offer a similar package to the jets as the flyers did for bobby ryan or do you guys value him more or less than ryan
    Thats a tough question. Ryan has put up more goals consistantly, however Kane appears to have more potential. But then Kane is RFA and Ryan is signed.... I would say it is about even. So I would be happy giving up the same package, but I doubt the Peg would take it.

vCash
    Probably same package but between both of them I would want Ryan. I love "potential" type guys but we currently have a lot of them on our team. Voracek, Simmonds, Luke, etc. I don't want to take ANOTHER risk with Kane and him turn out not as good. Maybe it's bad memory with JVR but still doesn't change the fact that Kane hasn't "proven" he's better than Ryan, yet.