Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 118 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2362
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cygnus-17 View Post
    So I was reading metzer's blog a while back and he said that the way ltir works, was that number minus what available cap space, then you add it back to available space.

Ex. Flyers have 3 mill in cap space, they put pronger on ltir, his 4 mill cap hit get subtracted by the current available cap, 1 mill, then that gets added to the available cap space 3+1 giving them 4 to play with, not 7.

Anyway, I'm not a capologist, is this true? I may look it up in a bit.

I like the deal, a little high, but not bad. Just means hartsy and giroux's extensions will be ridiculous, thinking 6-7 for g, maybe 5-6 for hartys b/c he will have another great year.

Also agree that timmo and schenn get grouped together as the second d pairing and coburn grossmann is the first. Mess and x as the third, but I really like manning, he looks like he will be really solid.
    yea Metzer is the king of rambling on and on over something not too important. Its a very irrelevant topic because if the Flyers had 3 million in space, they would call up AHL players until they had close to 0 in space, then send Pronger to LTIR, and get the full 4.9 in relief.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    I agree with what everyone seems to think, slight overpayment for Jake here. I would of thought 3-3.75 would have been ideal. But 4.25 isn't too bad. With inflated caps and therefore salaries, a guy like Jake might be worth 5-6 million in 2 years.

But, hopefully him and Giroux get chemistry, and they are a dynamic playmaking duo for a long time. They complement each other perfectly, paired with a scoring power forward, and it's an ideal top line.
    This. I was really looking at the 3.7 to 3.8 range. If he plays well with G though he'll be a bargain. The balance on that line is awesome.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    So our entire first line has orange hair. They were born to play for the Flyers!!!!!

City of Brotherly Love

vCash
    Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
    1 year...$7 mil for Semin in Carolina.

stand corrected. didn't think he'd take a 1 year deal.

that being said, i wouldn't give that guy $7 mil for a year. CAR just got desperate for a player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman9518 View Post
    So our entire first line has orange hair. They were born to play for the Flyers!!!!!

the G line: can stand for the Giroux line, or the Ginger line

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    stand corrected. didn't think he'd take a 1 year deal.

that being said, i wouldn't give that guy $7 mil for a year. CAR just got desperate for a player.
    I mean, Staal - Staal - Semin might really work on the top line, too, though.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    nice to sign Jake!!! 4.2 isnt bad esp considering he will be on that 1st line. Bobby Ryan pay....hopefully he can produce

GINGY POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Semin 7 mill....EWWWWW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I mean, Staal - Staal - Semin might really work on the top line, too, though.
    not saying it won't.

just pointing out that for all those who wanted Semin, $7 mil is a lot, and they shouldn't be upset about not picking him up with that kind of offer on the table from another team.

vCash
    Personally, I would have been totally down for Semin... not for the price... but definitely if cheaper. I know a lot of people didn't want any part of him, but the prospect of him trying and being on a Giroux line even for a little was quite intriguing to me. Oh well!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    not saying it won't.

just pointing out that for all those who wanted Semin, $7 mil is a lot, and they shouldn't be upset about not picking him up with that kind of offer on the table from another team.
    To put it in perspective we got Voracek at 4.25 and he had exactly 3 less goals and 5 less points than Semin last year. & million is a ton for a guy that has scored 40 goals once in his career and has never hit 85 points. You take a 7 million dollar hit for an elite player. Semin I dont think is in that category on a nightly basis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    To put it in perspective we got Voracek at 4.25 and he had exactly 3 less goals and 5 less points than Semin last year. & million is a ton for a guy that has scored 40 goals once in his career and has never hit 85 points. You take a 7 million dollar hit for an elite player. Semin I dont think is in that category on a nightly basis.

^Agree 100% for a team in the Flyers position.

However, the Hurricanes were at $50,282,500 (according to Capgeek.com) before Semin, so they had a ton of cap room to play with. If the Flyers had 20M in cap room, sure I'd throw 7M for a 1 year deal at Semin even if he isnt elite night in and night out.. Still one of the top forwards on the market this year so I think it was a great move by Carolina given their situation.

Smoke if ya Got 'Em

vCash
    Gives them money spent towards the cap this year, and gives them flexibility next year. Smart move on the Canes part imo.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    Gives them money spent towards the cap this year, and gives them flexibility next year. Smart move on the Canes part imo.
    oh sure absolutely. don't get me wrong, i don't think it was a bad move by the Canes at all.

just pointing out what he got and what the Flyers would have been up against if they put an offer out to him (i doubt they did though).

vCash

Remaining UFAs

http://www.capgeek.com/ufa_finder.php

just a list of guys that are still within the Flyers' price range if they wanted to poke around.

not much there, maybe a few interesting names, Doan obviously in particular.

vCash
    also news-worthy per Sam Carchidi:

Sam Carchidi
    GM Paul Holmgren tells The Inquirer that Flyers' coach Peter Laviolette will be given an extension and that he expects the deal to be completed within a week _ and perhaps by the end of the weekend. Laviolette has directed the Flyers to back-to-back 47-win seasons. You have to go back to the mid 1980s to find a time when the Flyers had more victories in consecutive seasons.