Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 114 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2362
  1. #1696
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,674
    vCash
    1500
    you dont go after RFA's anymore lol....on a guy like Weber sure. But while Kuli is good... a Weber is a generation player.

  2. #1697
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Malvern
    Posts
    811
    vCash
    1500
    John Boruk ‏@JohnBorukCSN
    If Evander Kane signs extension with Winnipeg, Tobias Enstrom or Ron Hainsey could be trade candidates for the #Flyers. #ExploringAllOptions

    Who would you give up for Enstrom or Hainsey?
    Prepare to experience sexual magic.

  3. #1698
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    10,065
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by smking619 View Post
    John Boruk ‏@JohnBorukCSN
    If Evander Kane signs extension with Winnipeg, Tobias Enstrom or Ron Hainsey could be trade candidates for the #Flyers. #ExploringAllOptions

    Who would you give up for Enstrom or Hainsey?
    not much for hainsey. he's nothing special. 31 years old.


    enstrom is a more intriguing player. i'd be interested there for sure. not sure what to give up. try picks first, maybe a guy like cousins, go from there?

  4. #1699
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,523
    vCash
    1500
    Love Enstrom as a potential Kimmo replacement. They'd still need a Top pairing guy...that probably won't come till next year.

  5. #1700
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    10,065
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    Love Enstrom as a potential Kimmo replacement. They'd still need a Top pairing guy...that probably won't come till next year.

    enstrom i think is a nice "consolation". i mean his cap hit is $3.75 mil and he's only under contract for next season, so worse comes to worse they'll just let him go.

    as far as getting a top-pair guy, it definitely won't happen this off-season. no top pairing guys are available aside from Yandle, and frankly, i don't think he's what the Flyers need. they need some big, tough, in your face defenseman. 4 of their 6 defenseman are gonna be puck movers every night. they need another shutdown defenseman.

    i understand the desire to replace carle with another "carle" type, but ultimately i think they are better off continuing to get bigger and more physical back there.


    problem is, they are probably stuck with getting a puck-mover, given that's pretty much all that is available at the moment (Yandle, Boyle, Enstrom, Campbell).

    add one of those guys without giving up too much and make a play for someone else next year or at the deadline i think is the play here. it'll most likely come with trying to once again acquire Bobby Ryan.
    Last edited by phillyeaglesman; 07-25-2012 at 06:56 AM.

  6. #1701
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Malvern
    Posts
    811
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    enstrom i think is a nice "consolation". i mean his cap hit is $3.75 mil and he's only under contract for next season, so worse comes to worse they'll just let him go.

    as far as getting a top-pair guy, it definitely won't happen this off-season. no top pairing guys are available aside from Yandle, and frankly, i don't think he's what the Flyers need. they need some big, tough, in your face defenseman. 4 of their 6 defenseman are gonna be puck movers every night. they need another shutdown defenseman.

    i understand the desire to replace carle with another "carle" type, but ultimately i think they are better off continuing to get bigger and more physical back there.


    problem is, they are probably stuck with getting a puck-mover, given that's pretty much all that is available at the moment (Yandle, Boyle, Enstrom, Campbell).

    add one of those guys without giving up too much and make a play for someone else next year or at the deadline i think is the play here. it'll most likely come with trying to once again acquire Bobby Ryan.
    Kubina? Haha. But seriously, just taking a look at UFA defensemen who played a lot short-handed (i.e. defensive minded), why not take a shot at a guy like Scott Hannan for a year? He's obviously a 3rd pairing guy, but he averaged 2.85 min shorthanded and he's 6'1". Obviously the defense is bottom heavy, with probably close to 4 or 5 players competing for the 6th d-spot.

    Timonen - Schenn
    Coburn - Grossmann
    Meszaros - ????

    That isn't really that bad of a d-corps. If they make a move for Enstrom, he obviously is the heir apparent to Kimmo, which takes pressure off of Gus. But I think bringing in a guy like Hannan puts a tough SAH defender on each pairing, which isn't a bad thing.
    Prepare to experience sexual magic.

  7. #1702
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,673
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by smking619 View Post
    Kubina? Haha. But seriously, just taking a look at UFA defensemen who played a lot short-handed (i.e. defensive minded), why not take a shot at a guy like Scott Hannan for a year? He's obviously a 3rd pairing guy, but he averaged 2.85 min shorthanded and he's 6'1". Obviously the defense is bottom heavy, with probably close to 4 or 5 players competing for the 6th d-spot.

    Timonen - Schenn
    Coburn - Grossmann
    Meszaros - ????

    That isn't really that bad of a d-corps. If they make a move for Enstrom, he obviously is the heir apparent to Kimmo, which takes pressure off of Gus. But I think bringing in a guy like Hannan puts a tough SAH defender on each pairing, which isn't a bad thing.
    I would think Homer is still planning something on the defense front. Not that we're in bad shape there, but honestly if Kimmo or Mez goes down for a little while then all of a sudden we're looking pretty thin........as you say, we're more bottom heavy with the likes of Gervais, Gus, Bourdon, Lilja and I suppose maybe Lauridson competing for that 6th spot. That's not a bad problem there, but really when you consider if one of the other 5 goes down for an extended period then having essentially two rookies in there at the same time gives us a similar issue to when we lost pronger last year.....

    I know you joke about Kubina...Ironically he's probably the guy that would have been the best alternate here....many of the factors we were looking for here....but when he came over here he just looked completely Cooked so I can't imagine he's anywhere in the plans...I'm actually surprised he's still listed as relevent on lots of the FA listings........a 32 year old Kubina would have been perfect for us LOL

  8. #1703
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Malvern
    Posts
    811
    vCash
    1500
    Lauridsen is intriguing. He's the physical presence the defense needs (6'6", 230lbs, right-handed shot)... Any chance he could turn into a Grossmann-type defensemen soonish? Haha.
    Prepare to experience sexual magic.

  9. #1704
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,673
    vCash
    1500
    well the first thing we need to do is get Shelley to retire so we can pay him 1.1 million OFF the books to be a coach on the Phantoms....sign Sestito for $650K and we save half a million on a roster spot where Sestito will be a younger/faster/better forechecking version of Shelley.....

  10. #1705
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,673
    vCash
    1500
    Now that Weber is a No Go I think the silence on the Voracek contract will have to officially become a source of concern. If they haven't hit a deal so far it certainly sounds like Jake is looking for a big contract and we are not prepared to commit to him on what he wants..........makes you wonder if we're still shopping him somewhere ....

    at this point our priority on offense has to be to either sign Voracek or find a way to get another top 6 forward in here to replace him....

  11. #1706
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Now that Weber is a No Go I think the silence on the Voracek contract will have to officially become a source of concern. If they haven't hit a deal so far it certainly sounds like Jake is looking for a big contract and we are not prepared to commit to him on what he wants..........makes you wonder if we're still shopping him somewhere ....

    at this point our priority on offense has to be to either sign Voracek or find a way to get another top 6 forward in here to replace him....

    ^I completly Agree. Saw on twitter (@FlyersRumors, NHLwiki) that the Ducks want Couterier in the Bobby Ryan package...

    Also, Bill Meltzer tweeted an hour ago... apparently, Homer said today Voracek and the Flyers were close on an agreement.

  12. #1707
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    4,077
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by P_H_I_L_A View Post
    ^I completly Agree. Saw on twitter (@FlyersRumors, NHLwiki) that the Ducks want Couterier in the Bobby Ryan package...

    Also, Bill Meltzer tweeted an hour ago... apparently, Homer said today Voracek and the Flyers were close on an agreement.
    The Ducks aren't going to give Ryan away. I hope Homer doesn't give up on the kids just to make a splash. If he wouldnt give them up for Shea F'in Weber, then hells no to doing it for Bobby Ryan.
    <Meaning and Content>

    ...And did you see that Giroux goal?

  13. #1708
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Malvern
    Posts
    811
    vCash
    1500
    I think it's safe to say any GM Homer initiates trade talks with will want Couturier or Schenn, only because they know Holmgren doesn't want to trade either of them, so it forces him to sweeten the pot on any deal going forward. But if Homer wasn't willing to give either of them up for Weber, there is no way he gives them up for anyone else.

    If they can't get Ryan for a reasonable price, and don't get Doan. I hope the Flyers hold out til UFA next season. I know these guys aren't guaranteed to make it, but Iginla, Perry, Getzlaf, Bouchard, Horton, Zajac, Clowe, Weiss, Latendresse, and Filppula are guys I'd be really interested in.
    Prepare to experience sexual magic.

  14. #1709
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,673
    vCash
    1500
    No one will ever really know....who's to say Couturier wasnt' included and it still wasn't enough for Nashville......it could have been that Nashville was just going to ask for a ridiculously high package or match......and there would be a point where the package would be too high for us......Nash still had the control in this situation and they used it...

  15. #1710
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,673
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by P_H_I_L_A View Post
    ^I completly Agree. Saw on twitter (@FlyersRumors, NHLwiki) that the Ducks want Couterier in the Bobby Ryan package...

    Also, Bill Meltzer tweeted an hour ago... apparently, Homer said today Voracek and the Flyers were close on an agreement.
    Not that I think Voracek is the answer to our prayers.....but I will definitely feel better about the team if he's back in the mix.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •