Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 113 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2362
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I actually, disagree with that. Two different situations. One had a NTC. One doesn't.

I think Ryan's still at full value.
    Quote Originally Posted by delfinko View Post
    Absolutely Ryan is still at full value. Anaheim isn't run by Howson and Ryan can't limit who he is traded to down to 3 teams.

true. mentioned it in the Weber thread though.

you all are just assuming Homer was sitting on his hands during the past week. how do you know he doesn't have something in place for Ryan or Doan or elsewhere should the Weber deal fall through?

vCash
    Kyle Scott ‏@CrossingBroad
    Paul Holmgren statement http://bit.ly/NQisGa

wouldn't expect anything less. class act by Homer.

vCash
    Homer certainly wasn't sitting on his hands but lets think about it...clearly our biggest need is on defense. We had one of the best offenses in the league last year and have only lost Jagr. It is obvious that Homer is going after a top-tier defenseman. Weber was the perfect fit, but now that's off the table. The only thing left to do is make a trade. Yandle is an option, as is Brian Campbell, and potentially Jay Bo. I don't think Homer would turn around after missing out (again) on a top tier defenseman and go after a top tier forward. Then you're just trading for the sake of making a move. I say we go after a big name defenseman and if we can't land one then don't do anything. Scoring is not the issue with this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuys89 View Post
    Homer certainly wasn't sitting on his hands but lets think about it...clearly our biggest need is on defense. We had one of the best offenses in the league last year and have only lost Jagr. It is obvious that Homer is going after a top-tier defenseman. Weber was the perfect fit, but now that's off the table. The only thing left to do is make a trade. Yandle is an option, as is Brian Campbell, and potentially Jay Bo. I don't think Homer would turn around after missing out (again) on a top tier defenseman and go after a top tier forward. Then you're just trading for the sake of making a move. I say we go after a big name defenseman and if we can't land one then don't do anything. Scoring is not the issue with this team.
    This.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuys89 View Post
    campbell doesn't add to our defense. he's just not a good defensive defenseman.

yandle will cost too much, and Jay Bo? hell no.

vCash
    just got home....some very very sad news indeed

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    CSN philly saying Flyers are expected to pursue Yandle and or Boyle now

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    CSN philly saying Flyers are expected to pursue Yandle and or Boyle now
    same as Weber/Ryan/Nash/whoever: as long as Couts and/or Schenn are not involved, and it's a reasonable price, i'm all for it.

vCash
    I say sign Shane Doan, sign/trade for a decent Dman, and get Bobby Ryan. This offseason is NOT a loss just because we didn't get Shea. We have an excellent team with a young core that is only going to get better. Doan will come to Philly. Bobby Ryan is going to cost us 1.1 million more than Voracek. Bobby Ryan >>>> Voracek. Throw in Gus, a 1st and a 2nd. Doan will cost us 4.5 a year for 4 years. Get over it. He is a great player, a leader, a TWO WAY PLAYER, and can finish when needed. There are D-men still available like Rozsival, trade for Yandle, whatever. Even without picking up a Dman we are still a GREAT team!

Right now our team looks like:

Hartnell - G - Voracek
    Simmer - Briere - Schenn
    Read - Couts - Rusty
    Wellwood - Talbot - Rinaldo

Kimo -Schenn (I feel like Kimo can teach Schenn a lot)
    Coby - Grossman
    Mez - Gus

Bryz
    Leighton

Our team with Ryan (I'll even say it cost us Read, Voracek, Gus and a Pick) looks like:

Hartnell - G - Ryan
    Simmer - Briere - Schenn
    Rusty - Couts - Wellwood
    Rinaldo - Talbot - Cousins/Laughton/whoever

D-corp above

With Doan too

Hartnell - G - Ryan
    Sim - Briere - Schenn
    Doan - Couts - Rusty
    Wellwood - Talbot - Rinaldo/Cousins whoever

Yes the cap works and yes I think it's feasible.

vCash
    I just don't think our Defense looks that bad right now. We really got better back there by adding Schenn and I have a great feeling that the Schenns will feed off of each other.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    I say sign Shane Doan, sign/trade for a decent Dman, and get Bobby Ryan. This offseason is NOT a loss just because we didn't get Shea. We have an excellent team with a young core that is only going to get better. Doan will come to Philly. Bobby Ryan is going to cost us 1.1 million more than Voracek. Bobby Ryan >>>> Voracek. Throw in Gus, a 1st and a 2nd. Doan will cost us 4.5 a year for 4 years. Get over it. He is a great player, a leader, a TWO WAY PLAYER, and can finish when needed. There are D-men still available like Rozsival, trade for Yandle, whatever. Even without picking up a Dman we are still a GREAT team!

Right now our team looks like:

Hartnell - G - Voracek
    Simmer - Briere - Schenn
    Read - Couts - Rusty
    Wellwood - Talbot - Rinaldo

Kimo -Schenn (I feel like Kimo can teach Schenn a lot)
    Coby - Grossman
    Mez - Gus

Bryz
    Leighton

Our team with Ryan (I'll even say it cost us Read, Voracek, Gus and a Pick) looks like:

Hartnell - G - Ryan
    Simmer - Briere - Schenn
    Rusty - Couts - Wellwood
    Rinaldo - Talbot - Cousins/Laughton/whoever

D-corp above

With Doan too

Hartnell - G - Ryan
    Sim - Briere - Schenn
    Doan - Couts - Rusty
    Wellwood - Talbot - Rinaldo/Cousins whoever

Yes the cap works and yes I think it's feasible.
    I just don't think our Defense looks that bad right now. We really got better back there by adding Schenn and I have a great feeling that the Schenns will feed off of each other.

i think the lineup you have with Doan and/or Ryan is kind of a pipe-dream at this point, unfortunately. i just don't think it's in the stars this off-season for the Flyers.

really isn't much else you could have wanted from the Flyers here. they threw a ton of money at Suter, he went elsewhere; they threw a ton of money at Weber, his offer got matched. they added a young defenseman with boatloads of potential. so maybe this upcoming season isn't an "elite" season with "elite" talent on the roster. fact is, this team has a ton of potential to be great for many many years.

that being said, the Flyers aren't done. whether it's in the off-season or at the deadline, they'll do what they believe is necessary under the right conditions to improve.

i'm not worried in the least bit about any team they have to face this year or beyond.

vCash
    I agree. Schenn and Gus will only get better every game. Same with MAB if he makes the team full time. Coburn and Grossmann were good as our shutdown pair. God Bless Kimo for continuing to play his heart out even if his body can't handle it anymore. Mesz is solid if the injury from last year doesn't affect him and we have Gervais now as a 3rd pair guy with experience to fill in for injuries.

Obviously not as great as having the top D-man in the league, but not as awful as some people are going to make it out to be.

vCash
    Dmitry Kulikov is a RFA. I wonder if we give them a call...

He woulda been ****ed in Washington...
    Update: Turns out he was ****ed in Kansas City too

Flyers PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2009
    Phillies PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2010

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theLgndKllr35 View Post
    Dmitry Kulikov is a RFA. I wonder if we give them a call...
    I'd love that, that kid has a ton of upside. But I doubt it happens, especially since Florida is now considered a playoff team. I just don't see them moving him.

vCash
    If the new CBA rolls back salaries and lowers the cap, at least the Flyers are in good shape moving forward. This also pretty much guarantees their ability to lock-up Giroux, Schenn, and Couturier long term if/when the cap goes down... Just looking for a silver lining.
    Prepare to experience sexual magic.