Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 110 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2362
    vCash
    Finishing my thoughts I really do not see Coburn being part of this...

Also if we unload Vorachek and Mez we could have the money to bring in Doan.

Thats a little wishful thinking, but I did see some stuff about looking at Arnott... I like the Idea there... wont cost Doan money but give a solid veteran center that is a face off machine. Lines could look like this

Hartnel G Read/Schenn
    Briere Arnott Simmonds
    Fedotenko Couts Read/Schenn
    Wellwood Talbot Rinaldo/Sesito

Timo Weber
    Coburn Grossman
    Schenn Bourdon/Lilja/Guf/Gervais

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    Yeah he was visiting the city today. By my previous post, I meant the possibility of Weber, Ryan, AND Doan is out of the question.

Should the Weber transaction go through, I would fully expect the Flyers to pursue Doan to "replace" Voracek, who I believe would likely be involved in a package back to Nashville.
    Oh I agree, my brain tells me if the weber deal requires anything going back to Nashville, there will be no Ryan deal. However, like you point out the desire to shed salary may come into play in a possible Ryan deal if we are able to get weber just on the picks alone, thats is how my heart feels, either way signing Doan is a possibility, provided he's looking for a cup run vs best offer.

vCash
    Why is everyone being so sympathetic to Nashville ?? Frig them and give them nothing but the 4/picks what is going on here ?
    They didnt sign Weber when they had every opportunity and we did,end of story....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYER-FAN View Post
    Why is everyone being so sympathetic to Nashville ?? Frig them and give them nothing but the 4/picks what is going on here ?
    They didnt sign Weber when they had every opportunity and we did,end of story....
    it's not that i'm being sympathetic; it's what i believe will happen.

personally, i'm with you. give em the 4 firsts and be done with it. i just don't see that happening. nashville would rather match and potentially go bankrupt than get 4 firsts for Weber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYER-FAN View Post
    No one is being "sympathetic". They're being "realistic". There is almost no chance they just....let him walk for, presumably, four late 1st round draft picks.

They're either going to get a package revolving around, what I would assume would be Voracek/Mez/MAB and picks or they'll match.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Yea nobody is being sympathetic. Nashville was in trade talks with a few teams, and te Flyers were one of those teams. Homer and snider probably got sick of waiting around, and probably figured the best way to make sure Weber doesn't get traded to another division rival was to sign him to an offer sheet and then work something out. We have Nashville up against the ropes here. This drives the price of Weber down considerably now that compensation is involved and Nashville really can't afford to match the offer. So in order to make sure Nashville doesn't match the offer, Homer can say to them if they decline to match, there will be a side deal where they send us a pick and we send them something else. We're basically giving them something, be it money, players, picks, to not match the offer. I personally think Voracek will end up being part of the deal, as well as Bourdon or Gusto. It will be a smaller package though. They're already getting four first round picks. Regardless of where they fall, that's plenty of compensation. I think they're gonna do a sign and trade type thing with Voracek.

vCash
    God this is agonizing...this won't resolve till Wednesday...

The only thing I keep thinking is, who will blink first!!!

vCash
    There's definitely some type of deal happening. If Nash was going to match they would've done it already, and it was reported that Poille and Holmgren spoke on the phone last night. That was the first and only time they've spoken, but it leads me to believe some type of trade is in the works. Here's my prediction (which never seem to be right):

Nashville declines to match the offer. Weber to Flyers, 4 first round picks to Nash via compensation.

Side Deal: 2 of the First Round Picks back to Flyers, Jake Voracek, Mez and Bourdon to Preds.

We'll see what happens. My trade may be undervalued for Weber but it makes sense for Nashville, I think. I could be wrong and probably will be haha

vCash
    That seems to be the rumor going around as far as a package, but unless we sign Doan or (yikes) semin, I can't see losing another top 6 forward.

vCash
    CBJ trade Rick Nash, Some non-important player, and 3rd to NYR for Erixon,Artem Anisimov, The weasel, and a 1st.

Wow.

lol bryz

vCash
    they stole Nash!!

vCash
    Whoa how is it that We had to give up either Couturier or Schenn plus half our roster and draft picks to get Nash and basically all New York gave em was Dubinksy, Anisimov, Erixon and a 1st round un-proven talent?

I'm gonna bet it's because Howson's harnessing a little ill will from the Carter trade and wasn't tryin to get robbed again. However, looks like he just made a deal with a new crook.

vCash
    All things considering....it wasn't much of a steal.. Anisimov and Dubinsky are established NHLers, unlike Schenn and Couterier. There's still question marks surrounding both of them. Erixson was also one of the top ranked D men as prospects go. He'll be playing in the top 4 this year most likely

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuys89 View Post
    All things considering....it wasn't much of a steal.. Anisimov and Dubinsky are established NHLers, unlike Schenn and Couterier. There's still question marks surrounding both of them. Erixson was also one of the top ranked D men as prospects go. He'll be playing in the top 4 this year most likely
    Well you are right, Schenn and Couts aren't establsihed NHLer's yet, but with the way they're constantly coveted around the league in the matter that they're pretty much demanded in every trade, they may as well be. Sure they're young and young players are valuable, but I feel as though they're viewed a lot differently than most players coming off rookie seasons. Every organization has their eyes on them and they know they're gonna be huge talents one day. The league doesn't throw around the "Next One" nicknames anymore, but if they did you know one of them would get the label with all the attention they get.

Dubinksy is a 40 point scorer at best and Anisimov is still looking for that breakout season, which may or may not happen. If you ask me, you could combine both Dubinky and Anisimov's point totals by the end of this season, and I'm gonna go ahead and say Nash will probably still outscore the both of them. Of course I get that scoring isn't what it's all about, but New York got one prominent locker room voiced big bodied power forward who can chip em in front of the net, and a great shot from the point. While Columbus got a decent playmaker and a Nikolay Zherdev type who doesn't play 2 way hockey (but atleast has a better work ethic). Oh yeah and uh Tim Erixon.

I mean, it just seems to me that Columbus once again got the bone. Nash will flourish in New York. That top line is gonna be an enormous threat once they gel.
    Last edited by Ernie Hudson; 07-23-2012 at 04:50 PM.

vCash
    what the rangers traded for nash was a straight up robbery! it would've been like us giving up talbot, read, and bourdon for nash with the only difference being that talbot, read and bourdon are still way better than dubinsky, anisimov and erixon... hopefully if we get weber we can trade bourdon, mez and maybe read for ryan