Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 105 of 158 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2362
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sev66 View Post
    I think we all agree Weber is the best Dman in the NHL. He is 26 and starting to hit his prime. I would love it if we could land Weber for Couts, Vorachek, Bourdon, the rest of the Phantoms and a few draft picks, but lets be real. In Eklund's article it was written that Pollie would be looking for a Lindros return for Weber.

I know it is speculation, but alot is riding on the Weber situation for Nashville, they have a strong fan base and a winning tradition, A goalie locked up to a long contract. If they are going to trade Weber it is going to have to be 4 young NHL players and a few 1st round picks, which for us they will be late rounders so I will trade 4 1st round picks.

If we do trade Couts, Vorachek or Schenn, for Weber alone I think we will be worse off then with him. Taking 2 major pcs from our top 9, trading one of our 5 Dman ( I Know Weber will take that spot), were does that leave our top 9. Lets not forget he will sign a new deal at 10-12 yrs some where around 100-110 million, More Money then Crosby!!

6 solid Dman, 4 solid forward lines that we can have after Vorachek is signed, I think is better off then Weber with 2 1/2 solid forward lines. Nashville could never win with a great goalie and great Dman because they always struggled with there forward lines.

Weber turns the Flyers into a poor man's Nashville. Strong D, average O, and who knows with Bryz, Rinne is better then BRYZ. Nashville never makes it deep into the playoffs because they cant score!!!
    Unlike Nashville though we actually have money and aren't afraid to use it. Our offense would be average this year but you can bet your *** Homer would go out next offseason and try and grab Perry or Getzlaf

City of Brotherly Love

vCash
    Only if we can sign him, if we can only get him at a 1 year rental we would be better off playing this year out as cup contenders and put in a bid at free agency. If we can sign and trade, couts or b schenn, voracek, mez, 1st and 2nd rounder.

vCash
    As far as Weber and Nash.....I don't know if I see a big deal getting done from any of the teams that they want to go to. With the salary caps now it's too hard to buy your way out of things. I am just really skeptical that the Flyers, Rangers, Bruins etc....will give up the pieces that Nashville and Columbus would be trying to get...the teams that need a big name to get PR for their franchise would be willing to give up the most, but the players don't want to go there....

Plus at this point I think someone would have to completely blow away nashville with a deal for them to deal him before the trade deadline......actually the wold card in this situation could be the new CBA..what if this UFA status sticks..Nashville could end up owning for 3 more years anyway.....lots to figure that's for sure...

vCash
    If we cant sign him as a free agent then no way should we trade for him the price is just way to steep.... A great Goalie makes up for the lack of defense and vise versa.If only we had a great Goalie,lol....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    but we have Bryzgalove

vCash
    i agree with sev.

idk, maybe it's just me, but i for one would just love the Flyers to have this young corp stay in tact. i mean do you know how just awesome it would be to build a dynasty from this group? G, Couts, Voracek, Simmonds, the Schenn brothers....

don't get me wrong; Getzlaf and Perry and Weber are great players, but i don't want to see this team just patchwork every year in hopes of putting together an all-star team.

it's gonna sound lame and corny, but to me it just means so much more to win it all when you do it with guys who started with your team as young guys and you watched them grow in front of you....

i don't want this team to just be a revolving door of high-priced free agents. i want to see this corp grow together, and as great an addition as Weber would be to this team, i don't think he's worth giving up all of our young and talented forward depth for.

let some other team deplete their roster for him; i like the guys we have.

vCash
    The only player in the league I would make a Lindros-esque (Well maybe a little less) trade for is Weber. Best big shut down defenseman in the league who is just entering his prime. He is like a Pronger clone except 11 years younger. Players like Weber just don't come around that often and when he becomes available I think you have to go after him. If we had Giroux and Weber we would have a top 3 forward and defenseman that are both still young and we could really build a team around those two that could win us a few cups. I love Couturier, Schenn, Voracek, Read and all of our young guys as much as the next guy, but getting Weber is just too good to pass up imo

City of Brotherly Love

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman9518 View Post
    The only player in the league I would make a Lindros-esque (Well maybe a little less) trade for is Weber. Best big shut down defenseman in the league who is just entering his prime. He is like a Pronger clone except 11 years younger. Players like Weber just don't come around that often and when he becomes available I think you have to go after him. If we had Giroux and Weber we would have a top 3 forward and defenseman that are both still young and we could really build a team around those two that could win us a few cups. I love Couturier, Schenn, Voracek, Read and all of our young guys as much as the next guy, but getting Weber is just too good to pass up imo
    Not Ovechkin, or Stamkos? Not trying to debate or troll just wondering why you are so high on Weber (Besides your obvious reasoning listed). Dont get me wrong Weber is a must have next off-season but at that cost?
    Philadelphia Flyers Philadelphia Phillies
    Seattle Seahawks Cincinnati Bengals
    Phoenix Suns
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish Kansas Jayhawks

vCash
    Don't know the numbers would add up. But Nashville would be losing their top D pairing if they trade Weber. Trade Weber for Coburn, Mezaros (this would give Nashville a top pairing on D), Bourdon (NHL ready D man), next years 1st, and either 1 or 2 of the following forwards: Testwuide, Holmstorm, or Zolnierczyk.

vCash
    Any trade for Weber would have to include Couts or Schenn and multiple 1st's. Nashville can develop D Men, but they can't seem to develop impact playmakers on offense. They'd want one of them back and rightfully so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaddNewz View Post
    Not Ovechkin, or Stamkos? Not trying to debate or troll just wondering why you are so high on Weber (Besides your obvious reasoning listed). Dont get me wrong Weber is a must have next off-season but at that cost?
    Like I said I think Weber is the best dman in the league, and I just think it is a lot more difficult and important to find a superstar defenseman then a superstar forward. If I could have any player in the league(not including a goalie) I would take Weber over Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Stamkos etc. Plus Weber is only 26, I don't even think we have seen his best hockey yet

City of Brotherly Love

vCash
    Like I said I think Weber is the best dman in the league, and I just think it is a lot more difficult and important to find a superstar defenseman then a superstar forward. If I could have any player in the league(not including a goalie) I would take Weber over Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Stamkos etc. Plus Weber is only 26, I don't even think we have seen his best hockey yet
    if there is any doubt that this statement is true - just follow the career of chris pronger ...

anaheim - cup
    edmonton - got to a cup final
    philly - got to a cup final
    st. louis - had it not been for Lidstrom/Konstantinov and the unbelievable detriot team ... that would have probably produced a cup run too

vCash

i think all the Weber-lovers out there need to get one thing straight: NO TEAM SHOULD EVER MAKE A "LINDROS-ESQUE" TRADE.

was i grateful to have had Lindros in orange and black? yes, no doubt. but what did it get them? an mvp and one trip to the cup finals, only to get ***** slapped by the red wings. in the meantime, the team they traded with, the avalanche, went on to win 2 cups during Lindros's tenure with Philly.

you can't deplete your roster for one player. IT DOES NOT WORK. i don't care if the Great One himself came walking in at age 22. if you don't have anything around him, you can't win.

everyone keeps saying to look at the run of cup teams and all of them have at least one elite defenseman on the roster. truth is, there's no formula to winning a cup. you need timely, hot goaltending, which just isn't something you can plan for. it either happens or it doesn't.

so again, let some other team trade away like 7 players for this guy. i'm not willing to deplete my roster for one player. i don't care who it is.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    if there is any doubt that this statement is true - just follow the career of chris pronger ...

anaheim - cup
    edmonton - got to a cup final
    philly - got to a cup final
    st. louis - had it not been for Lidstrom/Konstantinov and the unbelievable detriot team ... that would have probably produced a cup run too

note that none of these teams gave up a ridiculous amount of players to get him in any of these situations. they still had their roster in tact when he got there.

same thing goes again for 3 of the 4 teams mentioned there: hot goaltending got them where they ended up. pronger helped, sure, but Giguere, Roloson, and Leighton played out of their ****ing minds during those playoff runs to get them there.

vCash
    It would be unbelievably stupid to blow up this offensive depth to get Weber. You're talking about trading 2-3 of our forwards...that's almost an entire line. I understand and the value of Weber, but no team has the depth up front to survive a hit like that up front and still have a shot at making the playoffs. Especially with Weber possibly going to free agency next season...could you imagine if we traded for him and then we couldn't resign him? I would love to have Weber, but the cost is too high. We need to wait until at least 20 games into the season to see where this team is at before talking trades. And in all honesty, if you make the playoffs in this league you're a cup contender. Anything can happen in the playoffs. The Kings won as an 8th seed after taking out the top 3 seeds. Not too long ago we were 2 wins away from a cup with Michael Leighton in net. I mean it does take certain pieces and players to win it all, but anything can happen once you make it into the postseason. It's too early to tell what's really going to happen and if we need to make any drastic moves

vCash
    All great points...we traded Forseberg, who had a better career than Lindros, plus a ton of other talent and we won nothing...Why deplete the team of incredibly talented young players? The true question is, do we really need Weber to win a cup? I say no...not at all. Would it be nice? Sure...but not at the cost. like Phillyeaglesman said, Pronger was never acquired for a huge haul like that so he never truly impacted the teams depth that he played on. A healthy defense this year will prove to be a huge difference maker. you ride out the season then go after weber as a UFA.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    i think all the Weber-lovers out there need to get one thing straight: NO TEAM SHOULD EVER MAKE A "LINDROS-ESQUE" TRADE.

was i grateful to have had Lindros in orange and black? yes, no doubt. but what did it get them? an mvp and one trip to the cup finals, only to get ***** slapped by the red wings. in the meantime, the team they traded with, the avalanche, went on to win 2 cups during Lindros's tenure with Philly.

you can't deplete your roster for one player. IT DOES NOT WORK. i don't care if the Great One himself came walking in at age 22. if you don't have anything around him, you can't win.

everyone keeps saying to look at the run of cup teams and all of them have at least one elite defenseman on the roster. truth is, there's no formula to winning a cup. you need timely, hot goaltending, which just isn't something you can plan for. it either happens or it doesn't.

so again, let some other team trade away like 7 players for this guy. i'm not willing to deplete my roster for one player. i don't care who it is.

note that none of these teams gave up a ridiculous amount of players to get him in any of these situations. they still had their roster in tact when he got there.

same thing goes again for 3 of the 4 teams mentioned there: hot goaltending got them where they ended up. pronger helped, sure, but Giguere, Roloson, and Leighton played out of their ****ing minds during those playoff runs to get them there.