Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 104 of 158 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2362
    vCash
    Clapperton is a little smaller than Briere. He's 5'9" and about 160-165, but is only 18 do he has time to bulk up and get up to 175. For the Armada in the QMJHL he averaged just under one point per game. I think he has some potential.

vCash
    We also picked up an undrafted free agent from the SJHL. Name is Andrew Johnston and he led the league in scoring last season. He's 21, 6'1" and around 175-180, plays left wing. Seems to be a Matt Read type of find. He wanted to keep his NCAA eligibility intact do he decided to not play for a major junior league. Could be a major pickup for our depth up front should he make the team out of camp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuys89 View Post
    We also picked up an undrafted free agent from the SJHL. Name is Andrew Johnston and he led the league in scoring last season. He's 21, 6'1" and around 175-180, plays left wing. Seems to be a Matt Read type of find. He wanted to keep his NCAA eligibility intact do he decided to not play for a major junior league. Could be a major pickup for our depth up front should he make the team out of camp.
    I don't think there is any chance he makes the team out of camp, He is gonna need a few years to develop

City of Brotherly Love

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuys89 View Post
    Igive him a 5% chance he makes the team

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    So does anyone else think that Wellwood's contract with the Jets, will have an effect on Voracek's contract? I think it should bring it back down to earth a little bit. They finished with almost an identical amount of points last year. The only difference really is that Jake has been more consistent over the past few years. Jake also had some good players to pass to and passing to him at points. I would think it has some affect on him.

vCash
    Plus, I don't think that the F/O is going to pay Voracek more than they are paying Giroux over the next couple years.

vCash
    Regarding Voracek, given his age and his production I think it's in his best interest to sign a shorter term deal for reasonable dollars. I'd be surprised if anyone would give him a JVR type deal at this point for that type of length. You could argue that he certainly is deserving of it based on JVR. But at the same time I think Homer jumped the gun and gave JVR a bit of an overpay so I hesitate to use that as the true benchmark.

I'd like to see him get a 3 for 10 or even 3 for 11 type deal. That gives him a chance to mature his scoring game and be in position to hit a big contract while he's still young after that. In the short term having 10 million bucks gives him a real stable future in the process....to me that's the win/win for both sides.

vCash
    "@Eklund- sounds like Preds getting closer to a Shea Weber trade. I will have more on this, and what teams will be first in line, in the morning."

I know it's Eklund but with the new CBA looming i'm sure Weber wants to be traded or sign long term in Nashville sooner rather than later so he can sign a long term deal. What would you give up to get him?

City of Brotherly Love

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman9518 View Post
    "@Eklund- sounds like Preds getting closer to a Shea Weber trade. I will have more on this, and what teams will be first in line, in the morning."

I know it's Eklund but with the new CBA looming i'm sure Weber wants to be traded or sign long term in Nashville sooner rather than later so he can sign a long term deal. What would you give up to get him?
    i'd start with something to the effect of (and of course i'm lowballing here):

Read
    Voracek
    Meszaros
    2 first rounders

then they'll come in with something like:

B. Schenn
    Couturier
    Coburn
    3 first rounders

then you're gonna have to try and meet somewhere in the middle of that.

even for Weber, still would rather keep BOTH B. Schenn and Couts. not that i really think that's possible, i just don't want to trade either of them.

vCash
    my offer for weber:

b. schenn
    l. schenn
    kimo
    1 first round pick (2013)
    swap 2014 first round pick with nash

for

Weber
    swap 2014 first round pick with philly

i'm swapping the 2014 first rounder b/c i think nashville will be garbage in 2 years and that means a higher pick (hopefully lottery pick) infront of our home fans at Wells Fargo when we host the draft

i think that is definately a fair trade ... even if we lose a little bit on it ... we ARE NOT going to win the cup this year ... we should be targeting 2014/2015 as our cup year

vCash
    We're a decent goaltender away from winning 2 cups in the last 3 years, so I think it'd be foolish and borderline negligent on Homer's part to "throw away" a season or two waiting for the young guys to develop.

And I don't think they reunited the Schenns just to turn around and trade them. I'd like Weber, but not at that price. Let him stay in Nashville, he doesn't hurt us there.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    You build something like this:

Couturier
    Read or Voracek
    Bourdon or Gustafsson
    2013 1st
    2014 1st

That's 3 players now, and a player from the Flyers in each of the next two offseasons. I think that's fair value on both sides. Sucks to maybe lose Voracek/Couturier but in the end, you have to give up value to get value.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Here's my thinking, unless we sign Vorachek before this "trade" were to happen in which case you would swap Read or possibly Simmonds. My feeling is we have not signed Vorachek yet, because his new team might want to do that contract with him.

Couturier
    Vorachek
    Bourdon
    Manning
    2013 - 1st
    2014 - 2nd
    2015 - 2nd

vCash
    I think we all agree Weber is the best Dman in the NHL. He is 26 and starting to hit his prime. I would love it if we could land Weber for Couts, Vorachek, Bourdon, the rest of the Phantoms and a few draft picks, but lets be real. In Eklund's article it was written that Pollie would be looking for a Lindros return for Weber.

I know it is speculation, but alot is riding on the Weber situation for Nashville, they have a strong fan base and a winning tradition, A goalie locked up to a long contract. If they are going to trade Weber it is going to have to be 4 young NHL players and a few 1st round picks, which for us they will be late rounders so I will trade 4 1st round picks.

If we do trade Couts, Vorachek or Schenn, for Weber alone I think we will be worse off then with him. Taking 2 major pcs from our top 9, trading one of our 5 Dman ( I Know Weber will take that spot), were does that leave our top 9. Lets not forget he will sign a new deal at 10-12 yrs some where around 100-110 million, More Money then Crosby!!

6 solid Dman, 4 solid forward lines that we can have after Vorachek is signed, I think is better off then Weber with 2 1/2 solid forward lines. Nashville could never win with a great goalie and great Dman because they always struggled with there forward lines.

Weber turns the Flyers into a poor man's Nashville. Strong D, average O, and who knows with Bryz, Rinne is better then BRYZ. Nashville never makes it deep into the playoffs because they cant score!!!

vCash
    http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...to-shane-doan/

possible that Pittsburgh was the mystery team