Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 54 of 158 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    what team could the possibly be? Oh yea, that team that traded away 29 years worth of contracts in 12 months
    Yeah...which one was that?? I feel like it rhymes with Buyers...Tires...Hires..........Shyers??? No...No that's not a team...ummm...Help me out here...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    YEs, it means with Testwuide we have ANOTHER guy in the organization who's name people here will continue to destroy when they try to spell it
    As long as our current GM can say the names right it doesn't matter, right? Oh wait.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flyguy4 View Post
    2 sources confirm suter will announce his decision friday in the am, so possible parise decision tomorrow or thurs. Also parise said he and his wife are not on the same page
    Zach: But baby, the Flyers are offering so much money!

Wife: I want to raise the kids here in Minnesota!! Plus you already bought a lifetime supply of Flyers Toilet Paper. How the hell do we explain that for the team dinners we decide to host?

Zach: We can just give it to my buddy Sid over in Pitts. I'm sure him and his teammates could find some uses for it. That way we don't completely crap on Pittsburg during this free agency period.

Wife:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Zach: But baby, the Flyers are offering so much money!

Wife: I want to raise the kids here in Minnesota!! Plus you already bought a lifetime supply of Flyers Toilet Paper. How the hell do we explain that for the team dinners we decide to host?

Zach: We can just give it to my buddy Sid over in Pitts. I'm sure him and his teammates could find some uses for it. That way we don't completely crap on Pittsburg during this free agency period.

Wife:
    Honestly im thinking its the blackhawks or as much as i hate to say this the redwings. The blackhawks make the most sense since they came in real late and zach delayed his decision and both are wild rivals/competition in the west and his wife is minnesota born and bred which isn't a bad thing since he avoids pitt. And as for the wings maybe suter talked to him about playing together again since they were teammates on team usa also the capitals have a ton of cap and could make a play at nash,ryan, or suter. But you cant rule out holmgren's magic

vCash
    I can't see Parise going to the Blackhawks. I don't see them contending that well compared to us, Pens, and the Wings.

I think Parise wants to win.

This is why I watch soccer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Ninja View Post
    I can't see Parise going to the Blackhawks. I don't see them contending that well compared to us, Pens, and the Wings.

I think Parise wants to win.
    Parise cant win with a line of parise, toews, and hossa?? i think they'd clear cap by moving kane for a goalie which makes them scary

vCash
    So you're saying the Hawks can win with ONE really good line? Hawks lost for a lot of reasons last year - not just goaltending.

This is why I watch soccer.

vCash
    I just want to apologpze to the fanofphilly, sorry I didnt see the post were you had the same idea as I had on my last post. Great minds think a like.

Jagr signing for 4.5 million, Wow!!, I guess Dallas needs to get to the cap floor quickly. The cap in Hockey needs help or this league is in trouble. Average/ Good players are getting way to much money.

Holmgren do something, start steering this offseason in some kind of direction. All the 5/6 Dman I thought might help in Carle loss are all pretty much signed. Same goes for signing a 3rd line depth winger.

still a few left. Dman- Hannan, Rozival,Campolli, Colivaccio,Spachek

Forwards- Wellwood ( who's named was mentioned to us), Kostitsyn, Arnott, Rolston and a few others.

Desperation time, if we lose out on Praise

vCash
    I don't think Homer would have been sitting around waiting for Parise if he didn't think we had a legitimate chance OR there is already a deal in place for Ryan contingent on Parise's decision.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Ninja View Post
    So you're saying the Hawks can win with ONE really good line? Hawks lost for a lot of reasons last year - not just goaltending.
    the hawks had 2 less points last year than the flyers with toews missing all that time with the concussion and sharpe missing tiime, have a solid defense more so than the flyers, im not saying they would be bettrer than the flyers but the hawks would definitely cup contenders, if you wanna talk best place to win now its probably detroit with zetterberg, datsyuk, and parise on a line, along with howard in net, the additional other free agents they already signed plus a possible suter landing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flyguy4 View Post
    2 sources confirm suter will announce his decision friday in the am, so possible parise decision tomorrow or thurs. Also parise said he and his wife are not on the same page
    If legit then it probably means his wife wants Minn and Parise wants Pitt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    If legit then it probably means his wife wants Minn and Parise wants Pitt.
    I was thinking Detroit or Chicago since they have a little rivalry with the Wild and that wont help her Wild at all, Crosby gets along with the family so much so that they shared a box during the cup and crosby is going to their wedding, it could also be the flyers since his wife might be upset he's choosing to stay east coast not with the devils

vCash
    If Parise is such good friends with Crybaby then Flyers would have been out of it already. If I had a choice like this (wishful thinking) if the difference is 5-10 million he would pick where he wants to go already. But if the rumours are true and Philly offered a ton of money more then the other teams then that's the debate?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KCFlyers View Post
    If Parise is such good friends with Crybaby then Flyers would have been out of it already. If I had a choice like this (wishful thinking) if the difference is 5-10 million he would pick where he wants to go already. But if the rumours are true and Philly offered a ton of money more then the other teams then that's the debate?
    From what I am gathering, we are the only team above 100 mil. The next closest team is at around 90 mil. Next we are probably offering 12-14 years and around 100-114 mil. This is a little of an overpayment, but could be Homer just saying, "He's not going to sign with us anyway so IF I make this grossly high offer, he is forced to consider it and teams like Pitts, Det, NJ, etc. are forced to up their offers."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KCFlyers View Post
    clearly it's not all about the money with this kid. otherwise he would have signed with Philly already.

i must admit, though, that makes me respect the guy. clearly has a good head on his shoulders and has a lot of respect for the game.

i'd be honored to have him on my favorite team.