Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash

"Could be big news for NYR today"

We are not getting Parise haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocowear21 View Post
    In no way am I undervaluing Doan. I love what he brings to the table night in and out. He would be another outstanding leader for our team. But I don't think him alone would turn our offence around. He would def help us but. I also wouldn't put Doan on our top line. I would have him play with Stephan and maybe a young prospect assuming we don't resign prust. Doan would bring that calmness on the ice and really help out stephan. Gaborik is out till December at least so callahan would be moved to top line unless a nash or ryan is brought in.

Dubi, Delzotto, Prospect, low level prospect and Pick or 2
    We already know that won't make the deal,That's the problem. Everyone is wanting these players but nobody has a realistic view of what the other team wants, the Jackets want Kreider and they want McDonagh and they want a player and a pick with them. The Rangers already reportedly offered Dubinsky, Tim Erixon, J.T. Miller, Christian Thomas and a first-rounder and that was turned down, the deal isn't far off the one you offered so I don't see that working here. Howson wants McDonagh and Kreider. I'd much rather Rick Nash than Doan too, but realistically we're a better team with Kreider, Dubinsky, McDonagh, and Doan than with just Nash as the team with just Nash is riddled with lineup holes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    We already know that won't make the deal,That's the problem. Everyone is wanting these players but nobody has a realistic view of what the other team wants, the Jackets want Kreider and they want McDonagh and they want a player and a pick with them. The Rangers already reportedly offered Dubinsky, Tim Erixon, J.T. Miller, Christian Thomas and a first-rounder and that was turned down, the deal isn't far off the one you offered so I don't see that working here. Howson wants McDonagh and Kreider. I'd much rather Rick Nash than Doan too, but realistically we're a better team with Kreider, Dubinsky, McDonagh, and Doan than with just Nash as the team with just Nash is riddled with lineup holes.
    Really its a moot point, I dont see any way that McD or Kreider gets traded. The team is where it is, and thats in a position of strength and I cant fathom how the FO would create more holes than it fills.

We all know about the Ryan's, Nash's and Parise's but I'm sure there are others to be had that we have no idea about. Wouldn't be surprised one bit if thats the direction Sather takes, considering how much of a clown Howson has been so far...

vCash
    All I can say is that if Pitts gets Parise we are all in trouble. They are going to have one sick line up. If a nash or ryan trade doesn't happen. We have to go for a semin and doan kinda deal. We dont give up anyone and just spend money.

vCash
    All I can say is that if Pitts gets Parise we are all in trouble. They are going to have one sick line up. If a nash or ryan trade doesn't happen. We have to go for a semin and doan kinda deal. We dont give up anyone and just spend money.

If the Pens get Parise, we mine as well pack it in next season and get a top draft pick.
    NYY,NYR,NYG,NYK

vCash
    There's not much we can do about that. If we lose McDonagh those four players, Crosby, Malkin, Neal and Parise will have their way with our team whether Nash is on our team or not as of that point we'd have Staal Girardi, DelZotto Stralman, Bickel Eminger. We can't lose any of our top 4 d without replacing them with a suitable replacement. We were short two d all year last year.
    Also, I'd steer far away from Semin, he's not gonna be well liked by this coaching staff, he'll have the same problem as he had with Boudreau when he was in Washington. Adding Doan is a viable cheap option that doesn't cost players, prospects and picks. I honestly think Kreider gets atleast 50 points next year and if Doan could add another 50-70 which is where he usually hangs that would more than offset Gaborik's production until Christmas and then we still have those two when he comes back.

vCash
    Last edited by bsi; 07-01-2012 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Double Post

vCash

"Could be big news for NYR today"

I agree bsi. I think we will make a hard run at Doan. Can/will he play lw?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    I agree bsi. I think we will make a hard run at Doan. Can/will he play lw?
    He can.

vCash
    Bickel resigns for 2-years. Sure wish we pushed harder for the King's Brown when he was made available last off-season. I'm certain he's off the table for good now - lol!
    Last edited by apdamico; 07-01-2012 at 02:43 PM. Reason: additional info

vCash
    Aaron Portzline
    ‏@Aportzline

Speaking of trade speculation ... been told repeatedly ‪#CBJ‬ GM Scott Howson has NOT demanded Kreider, McDonagh or Stepan in talks w ‪#NYR‬.
    Ok, so why hasn't anything been done yet? Who the hell does he want?

vCash
    Forget big news..... Wake me when there's ANYYYY news!!!!!!

Zzzzzzzzzzz

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234