Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    I certainly hope the news isn't that we re-signed Biron - lol!

Maybe it's a trade for Doan or Ryan. Then again, I wish we never let P.A. Parenteau get away in the 1st place. His numbers are actually better than any of the guy's rumor to be traded to the Rangers.

LET'S GO RANGERS!!

vCash
    If trading MDZ in package for Nash, it is likely Sather is eyeing someone like Yandle in trade or Suter/Garrison via free agency to step in and replace him.

If something like that we're to occur, I'd probably be ok with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QUBobcats550 View Post
    This has Matt Gilroy written all over it.
    Or Erixxon.....I'm not sold on him being Scott Neidermeyer.

vCash
    its Ek soooooo

The Rangers...
    The Rangers are talking several teams and would love to add via trade instead of free agency. The Rangers are interested in Nash, Bobby Ryan and Keith Yandle. There is also word the Rangers could attempt to make a deal to get the rights to Shane Doan

vCash
    I personally think Sather is gonna abandon the idea of Nash and I think he's gonna go for Shane Doan, and I think that's a no brainer. He's a great leader, he cares, and he gives it every shift as well he's a big body they could use on the first line. The only concern is that he's normally a right wing. If he could play left that would suit us better when Gaborik came back. It's a perfect fit for Doan as well as we have a cup contender and a much more stable franchise than Phoenix.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by apdamico View Post
    You'll certainly have to give up some talent for Nash and if it means replacing MDZ with Erixon, so be it! Hopefully Erixon is also not included in the package?

Let's not forget that it this trade is made prior to tomorrow and MDZ is in fact included in the package, that could put the Rangers in a position to go after an even better Offensive Defensemen in Ryan Suter!
    I wouldn't consider Suter an "Offensive" defenseman by any means.
    NYY,NYR,NYG,NYK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyr1980 View Post
    If trading MDZ in package for Nash, it is likely Sather is eyeing someone like Yandle in trade or Suter/Garrison via free agency to step in and replace him.

If something like that we're to occur, I'd probably be ok with it.

Could we afford that? Suter is going to demand top dollar and Nash's cap hit is 7.8. I don't think we can swing that.
    NYY,NYR,NYG,NYK

vCash
    I don't think Shane Doan is enough. He's still a player I'd like them to have, but he's a 20-goal guy at this point.

The Rangers need a legit 30-35 goals at the minimum kind of scorer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    Or Erixxon.....I'm not sold on him being Scott Neidermeyer.
    Agreed. We have to believe Erixon gets every chance to make the team this year, so we'll see what he's got and if his game as progressed at all.
    NYY,NYR,NYG,NYK

vCash
    I don't think Shane Doan is enough. He's still a player I'd like them to have, but he's a 20-goal guy at this point.

The Rangers need a legit 30-35 goals at the minimum kind of scorer.
    I couldn't agree more. I'd love to have Doan on this team, but as a complimentary piece and not as the main prize of the off-season. If we were to trade for Nash or Ryan and then sign Doan, I'd love it.
    NYY,NYR,NYG,NYK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QUBobcats550 View Post
    Could we afford that? Suter is going to demand top dollar and Nash's cap hit is 7.8. I don't think we can swing that.
    Maybe. If you assume Dubi goes in any deal for Nash, then they're only adding $3.6 mil vs. the cap. Add in MDZ and the $2-3 mil or more that he's likely to be making on his new contract and it might be possible.
    Last edited by nyr1980; 06-30-2012 at 03:30 PM.

vCash
    Maybe. If you assume Dubi goes in any deal for Nash, then they're only adding $3.6 mil vs. the cap. Add in MDZ and the $2-3 mil or more that he's likely to be making on his new contract and it might be possible.

Hmm, that'd be interesting. If that were the case, I'd be all for trading MDZ.
    NYY,NYR,NYG,NYK

vCash
    We can't afford Suter and Nash the math doesn't work. And Nash is signed forever you can't make the argument its not that much of a monetary difference because it is.
    Averymustgo...must go

vCash
    Suter on top of Nash would be a reach for sure. But there is space for both if they get a bit creative and are able to move a piece or two.

You are right though, their would be long-term implications cap-wise if they acquire both. Still, those are the kind of players that you make long-term, big dollar commitments to.

vCash
    Justin Schultz has finally made his decision, he’ll be signing with the Edmonton Oilers.

It also appears that Toronto is targeting Prust, really wish he could remain a Ranger!

Nash fits our club the best being that's he's a LW, but I bet the asking price goes even higher after Praise is off the board.

I agree on Doan, he's 35 and would be a nice addition, but is not type of block-buster move we need to add. If we'd get him to take the money that Prust wouldn't, I believe it would be a huge win for the Rangers!
    Last edited by apdamico; 06-30-2012 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Spelling

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast