Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

"Could be big news for NYR today"

Don't know if anyone saw this, but figured it'd be worth posting:

John Buccigross ‏@Buccigross
    Could be some big NHL news today. Stay tuned NY Rangers fans.

Could this mean Schultz or Nash?
    NYY,NYR,NYG,NYK

vCash
    could shultz be big NHL news? I mean they say the kids one of the top D free agents but hes unproven. I hope its something bigger! Like a trade for ovechkin

vCash
    It would be Shultz. Zipay tweeted about it too.

vCash
    This has Matt Gilroy written all over it.
    NYY,NYR,NYG,NYK

vCash
    Hockeybuzz indicates this could be Nash actually. It came from one of the contributors, not Eklund, and it's based off of tweets from Bucigross and CBJ beat writer Adam Portzine. Who knows?

Also indicated was that the deal centers around Dubinsky and Del Zotto. That makes me nervous. Don't like losing a top-4 guy. If that goes down, Sather better have a solution.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyr1980 View Post
    Hockeybuzz indicates this could be Nash actually. It came from one of the contributors, not Eklund, and it's based off of tweets from Bucigross and CBJ beat writer Adam Portzine. Who knows?

Also indicated was that the deal centers around Dubinsky and Del Zotto. That makes me nervous. Don't like losing a top-4 guy. If that goes down, Sather better have a solution.

I agree, I'd hate to lose MDZ. His game is only going to get better and last year was proof of it. Even though he still made his fair share of mistakes in the defensive zone, his physical game improved drastically and he's only 22. I think it'd be a huge mistake moving this guy, who could be a corner stone of our franchise for years to come.
    NYY,NYR,NYG,NYK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QUBobcats550 View Post
    I agree, I'd hate to lose MDZ. His game is only going to get better and last year was proof of it. Even though he still made his fair share of mistakes in the defensive zone, his physical game improved drastically and he's only 22. I think it'd be a huge mistake moving this guy, who could be a corner stone of our franchise for years to come.
    Its far from a given that any younger player will get "better" year in and year out. Not saying that losing MDZ wont hurt but at this point I've gotta believe that the FO will keep making good decisions going forward. If they feel that the team is better with Nash then Dubi + MDZ then so be it, we as fans can only speculate the value of each player and if they will "get better" or not...

vCash
    Fair enough. Del Zotto might be at his ceiling. But if that ceiling is consistently 10+ goals, and 45 Pts, that's a nice ceiling and hard production to replace.

Especially when there is no one currently in house who can step in and give you that.

Again, if they feel that they're better with Nash then Dubinsky + MDZ, so be it. They make they're living making those evaluations, I don't. But you can't argue with the need they have to improve on D with depth.

Cutting into the very good, top 2 pairs when your bottom pair is almost non-existent is dangerous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post
    Its far from a given that any younger player will get "better" year in and year out. Not saying that losing MDZ wont hurt but at this point I've gotta believe that the FO will keep making good decisions going forward. If they feel that the team is better with Nash then Dubi + MDZ then so be it, we as fans can only speculate the value of each player and if they will "get better" or not...

Agreed and it is clearly speculation, but given his improved numbers last year, his potential/ skill set and his age, I think it's safe to say he will continue to progress. I trust our front office as well and will support whatever decision they make, but i firmly believe dealing MDZ would be a mistake.
    NYY,NYR,NYG,NYK

vCash
    Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
    No time to squash rumors, but I will this time. Nash has not been traded to NYR.
    NYY,NYR,NYG,NYK

vCash
    I would however deal MDZ for a elite scoring forward. But only for that. You have to give to get and hopefully Erixon, ext.. can step in soon enough and replace him. I love MCD as well but you know Sather, if he is trading him its for something nice in return

vCash
    Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
    Hearing NYR are out of running for Justin Schultz. Not going to NYC.

vCash
    Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie
    Rangers have been informed they are out on Schultz

Welp, so much for that.
    NYY,NYR,NYG,NYK

vCash
    Hope there's other news

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QUBobcats550 View Post
    Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie
    Rangers have been informed they are out on Schultz

Welp, so much for that.
    You'll certainly have to give up some talent for Nash and if it means replacing MDZ with Erixon, so be it! Hopefully Erixon is also not included in the package?

Let's not forget that it this trade is made prior to tomorrow and MDZ is in fact included in the package, that could put the Rangers in a position to go after an even better Offensive Defensemen in Ryan Suter!
    Last edited by apdamico; 06-30-2012 at 02:55 PM. Reason: additional information

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast