Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Why is the media ignoring real offensive needs??

If you remember the year Luongo and the Sedins were signed, Gillis put all his energy into those signings and securing what he already had.

He's doing it again with the possible exception of Schultz.

At the end of the season, Luongo was on the bench and Schneider was starting. He's trading Luu and has signed Schneider. Status quo. Great work, but it's status quo.

He has offered Raymond a cutdown salary, re-signing Salo, and again IGNORING our desperate need on the second line wings. The only talk about forwards is the replacement of a third line C, a hole he created himself when he traded Hodgson while Kesler was sure to be out after surgery. Again, basically trying to get back to status quo. Same as a couple of years ago.

When we have needs he ignores them, and the media just follows along without questioning? WTF. Yesterday for the very first time this off-season I heard Ben Kuzma of the Province finally say that we were desperate for scoring on the second line. No **** sherlock!! But that was the only time I've heard anyone say anything other than echo the Canucks' official off-season plan.

Anyone remember how things worked out for us with our status quo lineup last year? I do.

When are we going to see some progress with our second line??

And who thinks any of our prospects -- Jensen, Schroeder, or Kassian -- have a shot at taking those second line spots?
    Last edited by ink; 06-30-2012 at 11:57 AM.

vCash
    I could see Jensen surprising a few people but yes, we need more scoring. I will hold judgement until fre agency plays out, and the Lu deal. I still believe we can get some value for Lu.

vCash
    Also AV's coaching style is very 'protect the 1 goal lead' oriented which doesn't seem to match our team. We have way too many soft player and small players; many of them aren't gritty enough to win puck battles and maintain possession of the puck.

I really think AV needs to go or we decide on the style to play. Playoff season is all about the grinding, ugly wins. It's not really that fun to watch. Nucks need to decide their style of play and go with it.

Jensen was a late cut last year so he might make it. I hope Kassian plays line 1 minutes in Chicago for half a year then comes up.

Honestly, I'd like to see us target someone like Prust and a Paul Gaustad for line 4 or 3 role. AV really didn't trust our line 4 and they rarely played. It seems the 4th line is critical.

Others to look at might be Shane Doan and Jason Arnott who can still play and should be cool with shorter contracts.

vCash
    Gillis better get Garrison and pursue guys like Doan, Parise, and so on. Maybe even try looking for a trade somewhere for a scorer.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    Gillis better get Garrison and pursue guys like Doan, Parise, and so on. Maybe even try looking for a trade somewhere for a scorer.
    That's what I want to but the word I keep hearing from the Canucks is that they're basically set. Could be a smokescreen but Gillis has been indicating he's happy with the roster since the end of the season. I have no idea how the media is giving him a pass on this.

vCash
    How can you be happy with a roster of guys who lost to the 8 seed in round 1? Don't you want guys who can actually win you a Cup? Isn't that the point?
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    at the summer summit, Gillis said Schroeder will challenge for 2nd line and he has good chance to claim it.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    at the summer summit, Gillis said Schroeder will challenge for 2nd line and he has good chance to claim it.
    But do you have much faith in that? He had a so so season last year in the AHL and the game is moving toward size and strength. How does Schroeder fit in?

vCash
    Maybe Schroeder will surprise some of us.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    But do you have much faith in that? He had a so so season last year in the AHL and the game is moving toward size and strength. How does Schroeder fit in?
    Do we have any other choice? Gillis isn't bold enough to bring in a real playmaker...? Just gotta hope for the best here and hope Kesler doesn't miss too much time.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB