Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    Do you really have high hopes for him?
    At first I didn't, now I am believing in him. He's had years of time in the Finnish league as an agitator. I mean I don't expect him to come into the NHL and pot 20 goals with 100 PIM but I think he can be effective.

He works extremely hard and is a guy that gets infront of the net. Like a Holmstrom, something the Leafs desperately desperately need. So I am all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Henny tweets that Leo and Percy had an epic battle in front of the net. i think Leo will be a good add for us.
    Yeah I read that. That is what is getting me excited because I read in his scouting report he is a pest infront of the net for goalies and hits hard.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Henny tweets that Leo and Percy had an epic battle in front of the net. i think Leo will be a good add for us.
    A 25 year old 4th liner against a 19 year old puck moving d-man still playing junior... Komarov sounds like an absolute beast

vCash
    A 25 year old 4th liner against a 19 year old puck moving d-man still playing junior... Komarov sounds like an absolute beast
    Yeah a 25 year old Finnish player who hasn't played in North America. He might as well be a 20 year old rookie. That's not a valid comparison lol.

At least he's going to the net in his very first game here at the prospect camp. I think that speaks a lot about his game and I can assure you the Leafs need a guy who does that.

Name one player on the Leafs who on a consistent basis gets infront of the opposing teams goal. I can't think of anybody and don't say Brown because his minutes are very limited. No one does it and when they did do it they succeeded and scored. All good times get in front of the net something I have yet to see the Leafs do consistently.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    Yeah a 25 year old Finnish player who hasn't played in North America. He might as well be a 20 year old rookie. That's not a valid comparison lol.

At least he's going to the net in his very first game here at the prospect camp. I think that speaks a lot about his game and I can assure you the Leafs need a guy who does that.

Name one player on the Leafs who on a consistent basis gets infront of the opposing teams goal. I can't think of anybody and don't say Brown because his minutes are very limited. No one does it and when they did do it they succeeded and scored. All good times get in front of the net something I have yet to see the Leafs do consistently.
    You mean all the truculent players Burke has acquired in his 3 plus seasons here won't go to the net? That was part of Burke's "blueprint"...you know how he builds his teams "from the net out" too

vCash
    Well I agree that he hasn't gotten guys to do that example... Armstrong. But the only one I saw who did it was Lupul who wasn't afraid to go infront. When they did that, they would score.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    ^
    You lost our sig bet over the Yakupov pick. What's the deal slugger?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    ^
    You lost our sig bet over the Yakupov pick. What's the deal slugger?
    Hahaha Oh yeah I forgot about that.
    I'll have to think of something clever

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    Just keep rockin the Batman and Robin and it's a deal. Love that lol.

vCash
    Haha actually? I thought I was freaking out the people on here but I think it's hillarious.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    It's as funny as you think dude lol.

vCash
    But Brian Burke builds his teams from the net out...have the Leafs not made the playoffs because the GM is poor at assessing goaltending talent or because the GM hasn't been able to acquire a decent goalie? At the end of the day Burke has had over 3 years to deal with this issue and he hasn't.
    He signed the best goalie not in the NHL according to all the experts. Reimer also appeared on the cusp of becoming pretty damn good.
    Not to the extent Burke has and if the did they probably wouldn't have a job still
    Right. Burke is the only GM on the planet who makes mistakes. Take a look around the league. There are some pretty awful GM's and not many of them have tried to re-tool on the fly. For every screw up, Burke has made a pretty good deal. Phaneuf,Liles,JVR,Lupul,Gardiner...he robbed teams of those players.
    Do you really have high hopes for him?
    Have you seen him play? the guys a superpest. A real pain to play against. They've been trying to get him over here for a while now for a reason, he's effective. It will be nice to have him against a team like Boston.

vCash
    ^
    I'll honestly rent the barn and ref the fight myself.

vCash
    Hahahaha, yeah i'll pitch in

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by halladaymvp View Post
    He signed the best goalie not in the NHL according to all the experts. Reimer also appeared on the cusp of becoming pretty damn good.

Right. Burke is the only GM on the planet who makes mistakes. Take a look around the league. There are some pretty awful GM's and not many of them have tried to re-tool on the fly. For every screw up, Burke has made a pretty good deal. Phaneuf,Liles,JVR,Lupul,Gardiner...he robbed teams of those players.

Have you seen him play? the guys a superpest. A real pain to play against. They've been trying to get him over here for a while now for a reason, he's effective. It will be nice to have him against a team like Boston.
    Here are my answers to your posts:

1. The best goalies not in the NHL in befoe Lost Nettie arrived
    Bernier (LAK)
    Neuvrth (WSH)
    Bobrovsky (PHI)
    Lindback (NSH)
    Schneider (VAN)

2. The only trade that Burke has "robbed" a team is he Gardnier/Lupul one...does that make up for his horrible UFA signings...hell NO!!!

3. Komarov - a super pest who is 5'10 and 187lbs...can't wait to see that beast on the ice...wonder who gives him his first concussion...Ott or Prust

vCash
    Here are my answers to your posts:

1. The best goalies not in the NHL in befoe Lost Nettie arrived
    Bernier (LAK)
    Neuvrth (WSH)
    Bobrovsky (PHI)
    Lindback (NSH)
    Schneider (VAN)

2. The only trade that Burke has "robbed" a team is he Gardnier/Lupul one...does that make up for his horrible UFA signings...hell NO!!!

3. Komarov - a super pest who is 5'10 and 187lbs...can't wait to see that beast on the ice...wonder who gives him his first concussion...Ott or Prust
    1-Most experts said he was. I never claimed that, they did.

2-He robbed the Flames pretty good despite how much you hate Phaneuf, he traded garbage for him.

3-So you gotta be massive to be a pest? tell me how big Marchand,Tucker,Avery etc are again please.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast