Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Phaneuf's definitly not worth his money and no way in hell I'd make him captain but I'd make that trade with Calgary again 1000 times considering the bull crap we shipped off to them. I find the Armstrong buyout weird. Wasn't expecting it. Burke needs to smarten up and not sign any 3rd or 4th liners to 3-4 million dollar deals today.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    Phaneuf's definitly not worth his money and no way in hell I'd make him captain but I'd make that trade with Calgary again 1000 times considering the bull crap we shipped off to them. I find the Armstrong buyout weird. Wasn't expecting it. Burke needs to smarten up and not sign any 3rd or 4th liners to 3-4 million dollar deals today.
    I agree!!! Burke needs to stop signing 3rd and 4th liners period

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    I agree!!! Burke needs to stop signing 3rd and 4th liners period
    yeah I can't stand that, either.

Give the spots to vets like John Madden/Dave Steckel/Zigomanis or young guys like Mueller/D'Amigo.

Just think, not having Armstrong/Connolly/Lombardi is enough to have Parise for 8M a year and then Zigomanis and D'Amigo for 1.9M combined.

What will win you more games? I'm going with Parise/Zigo/D'Amigo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    yeah I can't stand that, either.

Give the spots to vets like John Madden/Dave Steckel/Zigomanis or young guys like Mueller/D'Amigo.

Just think, not having Armstrong/Connolly/Lombardi is enough to have Parise for 8M a year and then Zigomanis and D'Amigo for 1.9M combined.

What will win you more games? I'm going with Parise/Zigo/D'Amigo
    Every team has overpaid players but Leafs fans seem to think we're the only ones. I don't understand the Armstrong buyout, we don't need to cap space, the free agent market is terrible this year, Suter won't play in Canada and Parise will get a crazy contract leaving who...outside of Semin there's pretty much nothing. It's sad when people got excited about getting Prust. PRUST.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by halladaymvp View Post
    Every team has overpaid players but Leafs fans seem to think we're the only ones. I don't understand the Armstrong buyout, we don't need to cap space, the free agent market is terrible this year, Suter won't play in Canada and Parise will get a crazy contract leaving who...outside of Semin there's pretty much nothing. It's sad when people got excited about getting Prust. PRUST.
    Does every team have as many over paid players as Komi, Connolly, Army, Grabs, Phaneuf, Lombardi...they might be only overpaid by $500,00 to $2.0 a year, but it adds up and they take up roster spots.

vCash
    Does every team have as many over paid players as Komi, Connolly, Army, Grabs, Phaneuf, Lombardi...they might be only overpaid by $500,00 to $2.0 a year, but it adds up and they take up roster spots.
    When aren't you complaining? Yes, every team has overpaid players, get over it. And how is Grabovski overpaid? how have you came to that conclusion? he got a market value contract. Have you been paying attention the past few years? free agents are getting paid left and right.

vCash
    When aren't you complaining? Yes, every team has overpaid players, get over it. And how is Grabovski overpaid? how have you came to that conclusion? he got a market value contract. Have you been paying attention the past few years? free agents are getting paid left and right.
    Thats his answer to everything. if theres a report that Burke went to an up-scale resturaunt he'd respond with "I hope burke didn't overpay like he did for Komi, Connolly, Army, Grabs, Phaneuf, Lombardi..."

I just ignore him now

vCash
    Grabs was overpaid about by about $500,000...sure every team has 1 or 2 players that are overpaid...not half of their roster...look at the Cup champs they had Penner who was overpaid...oh hold on a second...they resigned him for $1.0 a year cheaper

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Thats his answer to everything. if theres a report that Burke went to an up-scale resturaunt he'd respond with "I hope burke didn't overpay like he did for Komi, Connolly, Army, Grabs, Phaneuf, Lombardi..."

I just ignore him now
    Do you not know why the Leafs haven't made the playoffs since the lockout??? Take a look how they manage the cap. It's a joke!!! This might be the first offseason that Burke hasn't signed someone to a huge overpayment...it only took him 3 summers to figure that out.

vCash
    Grabs was overpaid about by about $500,000...sure every team has 1 or 2 players that are overpaid...not half of their roster...look at the Cup champs they had Penner who was overpaid...oh hold on a second...they resigned him for $1.0 a year cheaper
    Penner suppose to be good?

vCash
    No, Grabovski got market value. Half the roster isn't overpaid, there's a handful that are, stop exaggerating. Penner...that's your example?

Do you not know why the Leafs haven't made the playoffs since the lockout??? Take a look how they manage the cap. It's a joke!!! This might be the first offseason that Burke hasn't signed someone to a huge overpayment...it only took him 3 summers to figure that out.
    Wrong again, the Leafs haven't made the playoffs because of goaltending and special teams. Everyone likes to think we desperately need a number one center when the numbers clearly point to terrible goaltending post-lockout as well as a bad PK.

vCash
    PA Parenteau to COL. 4 years $16M

I think thats actually a fair deal. 2 less points then Parise AND some thought his success was just because of Tavares. If i was a COL fan i could live with that deal.
    Last edited by OptiMized; 07-01-2012 at 04:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post

I just ignore him now
    How many GM's have we had since the lock out?

JFJ royally ****ed this team and Burke has done a decent job cleaning up the mess. Every GM overpays players. Sometimes that's the market value of that player. Look what guys get awarded on arbitration hearings. Quit complaining. Why don't you go be a GM? You seem to have it all figured out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TravisB View Post
    How many GM's have we had since the lock out?

JFJ royally ****ed this team and Burke has done a decent job cleaning up the mess. Every GM overpays players. Sometimes that's the market value of that player. Look what guys get awarded on arbitration hearings. Quit complaining. Why don't you go be a GM? You seem to have it all figured out.
    why are you quoting me?

vCash
    Ouch.

James Mirtle‏@mirtle

Armstrong tells Sportsnet the Leafs told him "they didn't think I could do it anymore." Says he wants to prove Toronto wrong.
    thats gotta be tough to hear.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast