Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    you`re right. UFA`s get overpaid big time. I bet a bidding war would start.
    If you think there is a GM that would pay $6.5 for Phaneuf you need to pass the dutchie to the left hand side

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    If you think there is a GM that would pay $6.5 for Phaneuf you need to pass the dutchie to the left hand side
    Do you have a drug issue? i assume that the bolded is a drug reference. and i do believe that a team would pay Phanuef $6.5M. One team already has...

vCash
    No way any GM in his right mind would pay $6.5 for Phaneuf...why do you think Calgary traed him

vCash
    No way any GM in his right mind would pay $6.5 for Phaneuf...why do you think Calgary traed him
    Because ppl didn't like him in the locker room, and they had Boumeester who is a better all round dman. $13M+ for 2 dmen that are under achieving?

vCash
    Because they paid bowmeester 6.6??

vCash
    Because ppl didn't like him in the locker room, and they had Boumeester who is a better all round dman. $13M+ for 2 dmen that are under achieving?
    Kind of like Komi ($4.5) and Phaneuf ($6.5) now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ktownguy31 View Post
    Because they paid bowmeester 6.6??
    they aquired a better dman and wanted to move money out. Also the reprts that iggy and him didn't like eachother. thats why Phanuef was ousted.

vCash
    Kind of like Komi ($4.5) and Phaneuf ($6.5) now
    exactly so if we follow the same pattern (which is to keep the better dman) then we try and get rid of Komi, right? wrong we need to amnesty Phanuef ASAP.

vCash
    I would move Phaneuf in a heart beat

vCash
    I would move Phaneuf in a heart beat
    I disagree about phaneuf not being worth the contract he got when he signed it..and he seems to have regained his form this year..but if a team came with an offer I would listen but the chances that trade talks about phaneuf or him being move don't seem very likely at all..no way burke is looking to move this guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ramz.n View Post
    I disagree about phaneuf not being worth the contract he got when he signed it..and he seems to have regained his form this year..but if a team came with an offer I would listen but the chances that trade talks about phaneuf or him being move don't seem very likely at all..no way burke is looking to move this guy.
    Phaneuf got that contract based on his first 3 seasons in the NHL...he has been declining ever since

vCash
    Phaneuf got that contract based on his first 3 seasons in the NHL...he has been declining ever since
    he has declined based on the season 07-08 season where he had 17 g and 43 assist for 60 pts..but this past season he has regained his form, the pucks he's shooting are starting to hit the net again...imo if he can continue to be the offense d man that can put up 40+ pts and hits people hes living up to his contract.

vCash
    after his first three seasons he's been asked to be a #1 dman. thats not his game. He's a #2 dman at best ATM. IMO #1 dmen NEED to have a strong defensive game. Dion is still young and maybe with a more defense-oreinted system he can be. Dion is overpaid by $1M at the most, and thats being generous to your argument, i actaully think he's worth $6M if he puts up similar numbers like last year. We need to limit his minutes though

vCash
    after his first three seasons he's been asked to be a #1 dman. thats not his game. He's a #2 dman at best ATM. IMO #1 dmen NEED to have a strong defensive game. Dion is still young and maybe with a more defense-oreinted system he can be. Dion is overpaid by $1M at the most, and thats being generous to your argument, i actaully think he's worth $6M if he puts up similar numbers like last year. We need to limit his minutes though
    You're ok with $6.5 million to a #2 d-man? Does that mean Suter should expect to sign for $7.5-$8.0? That's almost Crosby money.

vCash
    You're ok with $6.5 million to a #2 d-man? Does that mean Suter should expect to sign for $7.5-$8.0? That's almost Crosby money.
    why dont you look at some of the Dmen that have similar cap hits and look at their production when they signed their deal. Hint: most are above $7M and are front-loaded deals. Phanuef put up 60 pts and looked like a norris candidate (BTW he looked like that in the first half of this season too) and was rewarded.

He put up more pts then Timmonen, Boumeester, Doughty, and Campbell the years they got their deals. It's a miracle Dion didn't get a $7M+ deal.

I think Suter will get a similar deal to Jay-bo. Both looked as though they are #1 dmen on a contender but both have yet to prove it. Suter will get a cap circumvention contracts and his cap hit will be around $7M.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast