Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I just think it means we picked ourselves up a decent shooter. He can play the 1 and the 2 for us. If anyone's minutes take a dent I'd say it's Tinsley's and Watson's.

vCash
    Wow I love this pickup. Could be because my man crush dates back to his Villanova days. But it is a really good pickup IMO.
    Chicago Cubs: Trade deadline time...yay...
    Tennessee Titans: In Whiz we trust.
    Utah Jazz: Aussie Aussie Aussie, Exum baby! Nice Rodney Hood thievery. Now get Gordo resigned.

vCash
    Foye was killer in the playoffs. Streak shooter that is a nice combo guard. Nice.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash

interesting

i think the clippers are crazy!!!!!!!! they pretty much gave up all the guard depth for older dudes i don't see how Crawford works that still troubles me and hill some one who will play good twenty games because hes always hurt sorry but billups is done bench coach and letting nick young go man i just do not think they will be as good as they where last year. odom cry baby ryan hollins mvp they must really think bledsoe is going to be outstanding

i love what they jazz have done mo williams will do great and bringing a familiar player to play alongside him so the transition will be faster and over all better. roye to me one of the must underrated players in the league and athletic and if i recall we will have a fast back court

vCash
    It's about dang time, everytime i look at the nba fa tracker and see his name, he was always one to pop out at me, but didn't really seeing him wanting to come here

plus its about dang time they started to use their mid-level exception, i kept seeing all the guys i wanted signing with other teams one by one for cheap, not really thinking there would be much left at this point, and they pull this one out of their hats, genius.

great signing

mo/foye/tinsley/watson
    hayward/burks/murphy
    marvin/caroll/evans
    favors/millsap
    jefferson/kanter

(even locke had marvin in the starting 5 this morning on his podcast)

but if we move him over to the two

mo/tinsley/watson
    burks/foye/murphy
    hayward/williams/caroll
    favors/millsap/evans
    jefferson/kanter

all we would be lacking is a 3rd string center. although i would like one of burks or hayward coming off of the bench to give a spark, but now that we have foye that may not be necessary but i guess will see, lets see what locke has to say about it tomorrow morning(maybe he doesn't do it, because of pioneer day).

koc found a way to improve the team, probably for cheap, but still managed to keep the cap space next year.
    Last edited by UJ47; 07-24-2012 at 03:12 AM.
    "I believe it takes five, the Utah Jazz are the REAL NBA Champs!"

JAZZ FOR LIFE, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UJ47 View Post
    all right monta_is_beast your on, sig bet it is,

the JAZZ will have a better record then the WARRIORS in the 2012-2013 season, loser leaves PSD for good.
    DECEMBER 26TH 2012, THE GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS @ THE UTAH JAZZ, JAZZ BEAT THE WARRIORS!

vCash
    I love what we've done this offseason! Mo, Marv and Foye can all hit the 3, handle the ball a bit, defend and they've all been starters in the league. Basically, we have upgraded 3 positions this offseason without messing with our biggest strength which is the depth and versatility we have at PF and C.

vCash
    ^yeah i know, i really didn't think that it would be possible to not move millsap or jefferson to improve in other areas, but we have.

we have lost
    harris
    tadija
    miles
    howard
    bell

and gained
    mo
    marvin
    foye
    murphy
    foster

mo is better than harris
    foye, marvin, murhpy are clear upgrades over miles, bell, howard.
    tadija and foster mean nothing

do you guys think we should somehow get rid of watson and get a better backup, and should we get 3rd a string center?
    Last edited by UJ47; 07-24-2012 at 11:49 AM.
    "I believe it takes five, the Utah Jazz are the REAL NBA Champs!"

JAZZ FOR LIFE, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UJ47 View Post
    all right monta_is_beast your on, sig bet it is,

the JAZZ will have a better record then the WARRIORS in the 2012-2013 season, loser leaves PSD for good.
    DECEMBER 26TH 2012, THE GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS @ THE UTAH JAZZ, JAZZ BEAT THE WARRIORS!

vCash
    I've got to say, imagine the offensive capabilities of a lineup of Mo, Foye, Marvin, Millsap, and Jefferson... Three great 3 point shooters and two post scorers... It obviously wouldn't be our best lineup (Hayward, Burks, and Favors all provide more versatility and play better defense), but I'd like to see the defense that could stop those 5...

vCash
    How about the defense of Mo, Foye, Hayward, Evans and Favors?

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    very solid signing indeed. getting really excited. what does that leave us with in terms of our MLE?

vCash
    Good signing for us. It makes us deeper and more competitive this year without hurting any long term goals.

Starters: Mo, Burks, Hayward, Favors and Jefferson
    2nd unit: Watson/Tinsley, Foye, Marvin, Millsap, Kanter
    Deep bench: Evans and Foster

That 2nd unit is as good as some other starting units in the league if Watson and Tinsley are both healthy.

vCash
    Foye is a proven starter SG in this league. I like Burks and think he is going to be good, but are you sure he is ready to be the full time starter?

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    Brian T. Smith ‏@tribjazz

Ex-#UtahJazz forward Andrei Kirilenko plans to return to #NBA for 2012-13 season, league source says.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronseyeview View Post
    very solid signing indeed. getting really excited. what does that leave us with in terms of our MLE?
    the only thing that is known so far is that it was a 1 year deal. I would assume a good portion of it is gone unless he signed for the minimum

vCash
    ^Where do you think AK ends up?

I originally thought he'd be with the Jazz or the Nets but it doesn't look like either one is likely.
    I think these teams should take a look at him:
    Cavs
    Clippers
    Raptors
    Hornets

Actually, I'd really like to see him in NO with Anthony Davis and Co.

Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast