Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    We need to be patient when free agency starts. I don't think the Jazz will make a lot of moves. We need time to see what we have with our current roster. Let's not trade the house for a 2 guard until we know that Burks is not going to be the answer. I would like to see us try the big lineup for an entire season before we give up on Millsap or Jefferson.

vCash
    I know that we all get excited about trades and moves to improve the roster right now, but I don't feel that is what the Jazz are planning on. As the roster is presently constituted, the jazz will only have four players under contract at the end of next season, and all four of those will be on rookie deals. That means that the Jazz will have probably over $40 million dollars in cap space if they don't add any long term contracts this season. While Utah has never been a free agent hot spot, $40 million puts the Jazz in a great position, because money always talks. I think, especially under the new CBA, where the luxury tax penalty has become so much more severe, we will see teams not as likely or financially able to keep players and go well over the tax. As you all remember, it's not just dollar for dollar any more, it can be as high as 2.25 to 1. I think that means that some teams will not be willing to match higher offers on restricted free agents, or come close on unrestricted free agents. Even if a team has the Bird rights to a player, they may not be as willing to go as high as another team if it means going over the cap. I think the Jazz like how the team finished the season, and will most likely keep the core together for this year, unless they run into something they can't pass up, but I don't get the feeling that they are actively looking to shake things up right now. I think the trade value of some of our players could be a lot higher after the season starts as we have so many players, who are talented, on expiring deals and teams with high payrolls who are underperforming may be more likely to make salary cap saving deals.

vCash
    sweet, always love the input, boomer. i love this team and thought since the sweep that we'd get better with more conditioning. the mo deal doesn't put us over the top, but that move alone gets us past the first round. if hayward hits 3s and we get more production out of the wings (how could we not?), we could get home court advantage at least for the 1st round. i'm excited with the team as-is and see no need to shake up anything.
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

vCash
    I appreciate the sentiment that we need to see where this team can go, but at the same time we all know that this team isn't a contender. We're extremely naive to think that we're keeping Millsap and Jefferson after this season. Both of those guys are in their prime yet they see our future sitting there just waiting to replace them.

$40 million in space sounds nice, but there's no guarantee that brings anyone. And what's even worse is that $40 million doesn't guarantee that we'll bring back anyone as good as Jefferson or Millsap should one decide to leave. And I haven't even brought up Mo or Harris. If both of those guys bolt, how horrendous does our PG spot look? Actually, we'd have 0 PG's.

What I want more than anything is a high quality player to lead our Fantastic 4 into the next title contending era of Jazz basketball. We all wanted Lillard, but it didn't happen. A few hoped for Marshall, but no dice. If Kyle Lowry is truly available, I think he fits the bill of exactly what we were so desperatly yearning for last year.

Staying put going into this year reminds me so much of that year when we did nothing when Boozer was on his last year, AK had two years left on his monster deal and we knew our team was above average. I begged for a trade. Deron all but begged for a trade. We did nothing, we won nothing, and we ended up rebuilding. I'm not saying we'll have rebuild, but 4 great young players without a great PG won't go far. And I think KOC recognizes this with how much he valued Lillard and tried to move up for him.
    Last edited by Lo Porto; 07-01-2012 at 09:09 AM.

vCash
    I also think koc realized that his assets(millsap, jefferson, and harris) weren't worth very much in the trade market. millsap isn't worth much because almost everyone has a pf that is as good as he is and jefferson makes so much his contract is hard to move and harris just isn't very good.

vCash
    I also think koc realized that his assets(millsap, jefferson, and harris) weren't worth very much in the trade market. millsap isn't worth much because almost everyone has a pf that is as good as he is and jefferson makes so much his contract is hard to move and harris just isn't very good.

vCash
    Brian T. Smith in The Salt Lake Tribune mentioned Roger Mason and Danny Green both have interest in Playing for Utah. I don't know much about Mason and I think he only played a couple of games this last season, but Green could be a great pick up for the Jazz. He also mentions players the Jazz could afford after picking up Williams option, like Belinelli or Nick Young. Young is a bit of a chucker and I don't know how good he is on defense, but he was a little more disciplined a couple of years ago maybe he could get back to form in the Jazz system. Green would be my favorite, but the article at least puts out some realistic names we might see in a Jazz uni, if a big trade doesn't go down. Anyway the article is in the Jazz home page.

vCash
    WOW! you leave to hike up to kings peak the day of the draft and don't come back until 2 days after it, you sure miss alot.

i think our target should be danny green, we would go from a wing deprived team to alot of wings.

williams/harris/tinsley/watson
    hayward/burks/murphy
    green/carroll/evans
    favors/millsap
    jefferson/kanter

that is dang good bench, and starting lineup.

no more problems with 3-pt shooting, or scoring off the bench with our frontcourt depth still intact.
    plus a buttload cap space next year.

with williams, hayward, green, out at the three, and with an improved mid-range game from favors, no more doubling on jefferson. making jefferson much more efficient and hopefully higher assist numbers.

once the starting lineup needs a rest the onslaught continues, with harris, burks, carroll, millsap, kanter coming in that bench will score with best of them.

and it doesn't matter if we would be pushing the luxury tax, we wouldn't be over, no more moves to that roster would need to be made this season, and any fear of paying the luxury tax is suppressed with all the expiring contracts.
    Last edited by UJ47; 07-01-2012 at 01:42 PM.
    "I believe it takes five, the Utah Jazz are the REAL NBA Champs!"

JAZZ FOR LIFE, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UJ47 View Post
    all right monta_is_beast your on, sig bet it is,

the JAZZ will have a better record then the WARRIORS in the 2012-2013 season, loser leaves PSD for good.
    DECEMBER 26TH 2012, THE GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS @ THE UTAH JAZZ, JAZZ BEAT THE WARRIORS!

vCash
    Are these rumors of GWallace getting 4yrs, $40mil and the nets talking about a Joe Johnson trade real? Are they trying to ensure DWill won't play there? Sure, they're both good players but they will be handcuffed by bad contracts if they get both of those guys.

vCash
    ^ i believe wallace has signed(well at least verbally, can't officially sign it until july 11th), and i'm not sure about joe j trade rumors.

the JAZZ will have a better record then the WARRIORS in the 2012-2013 season, loser leaves PSD for good.
    DECEMBER 26TH 2012, THE GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS @ THE UTAH JAZZ, JAZZ BEAT THE WARRIORS!

vCash
    nm
    Last edited by UJ47; 07-01-2012 at 01:52 PM. Reason: dumb

vCash
    No trades until the 11th, players can sign though. Blazers offered Hibbert a max contract , and I'm really not sure how to feel about it. I would hate to have to play against Hibbert all the time, but a max contract would really hurt Portland and their ability to improve the team. Lillard/Matthews/Batum(if they can keep him)/Aldridge/Hibbert is a beastly starting lineup that I would hate to play against, but they wouldn't be able to afford a bench so maybe it would be okay.

Also, I would freakin love to get Danny Green. We would be set.

"I know one thing for sure; you won't be able to say that Braves fans don't care" Chipper Jones

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Will4Prez View Post
    No trades until the 11th, players can sign though. Blazers offered Hibbert a max contract , and I'm really not sure how to feel about it. I would hate to have to play against Hibbert all the time, but a max contract would really hurt Portland and their ability to improve the team. Lillard/Matthews/Batum(if they can keep him)/Aldridge/Hibbert is a beastly starting lineup that I would hate to play against, but they wouldn't be able to afford a bench so maybe it would be okay.

I though it was the opposite. you can do trades, but no one can officially sign till the 11th

vCash
    ^ huh, you're right. That's different than how it's been in years past.

"I know one thing for sure; you won't be able to say that Braves fans don't care" Chipper Jones

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Will4Prez View Post

I also think Minny offered Batum 4yrs/$45-50mil.. Portland will be strapped for cash if they've gotta pay Hibbert and Batum that kind of cash.

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast