Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Jazz 2012 Offseason Thread Part Deuce

yeah

vCash

vCash
    also speaking of 2014 here are the names.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-free-agents

obviously the big ones are dwight and paul two guys we probably don't have a shot at, but will be a good fa to have cash handy. also just noticed bynum

vCash
    no way we run with 4 point gaurds

harris is the next move
    Hi There

JAZZ / UTES / LIONS / REDWINGS / TIGERS / ALL-BLACKS

vCash
    4 point guards? you're not counting burks, are you? cuz i thought watson was already gone, if not retired i doubt we'll bring him back unless it's as an ast coach. we might invite scot machado, but we'd probably put him in the d-league for insurance reasons.
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

vCash
    i like the team with mo and harris. i think we can run as effectively as when we had dwill and the fish. mo is a high-energy guard, but i think the offense will be ran pretty much the same with harris as with mo, but mo is more decisive with the ball and has better penetration skills (mmmmm). i dunno, i think we have room for both as long as harris is a good sport about his role change.
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

vCash
    We'd be lucky to add Machado to our summer team and even luckier to land him as a D-League player. I've heard a lot of teams are interested in him, he is the most popular undrafted rookie for sure.

vCash
    this is from espn nba rumors titled "where the top undrafted rookies land"

UPDATE: Here's a quick rundown of some of the places where the top undrafted rookies might end up.

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports tweets: "Undrafted Iona guard Scott Machado has Bobcats, Cavaliers, Hawks, Hornets, Raptors, Rockets calling for summer league, sources tell Y!"

Also, Drew Gordon, a rebounding monster in his two years at New Mexico, is reportedly going to play for Dallas in the Summer League.

When more of these top undrafted FAs are linked to teams, we'll let you know.

- Joe Kaiser

---
    The NBA draft is now over and several players who didn't get selected will likely make NBA rosters next season.

ESPN.com's Chad Ford lists Scott Machado, Terrell Stoglin, Kevin Jones, Hollis Thompson, Drew Gordon, and Henry Sims as the best players who are now rookie free agents.

All of those players will be on Summer League rosters and they can secure invites to training and maybe partially guaranteed contracts if the play well.

-- Nick Borges
    I consider ourselves a team that is interested but its funny that ESPN doesn't which is why i'd consider our team extremely lucky to persuade Machado into joining our squad especially when as the roster sits he'll have to work his ***** off just to land a the 3 string spot.

vCash
    I do like Hollis Thompson.

vCash
    Dang did you guys see the Ranking Free Agents page by Hollinger? He lists Jeremy Evans as the 3rd overall Free Agent this offseason.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...-projected-per

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    4 point guards? you're not counting burks, are you? cuz i thought watson was already gone, if not retired i doubt we'll bring him back unless it's as an ast coach. we might invite scot machado, but we'd probably put him in the d-league for insurance reasons.
    I thought we didn't have an option on Earl. We should though because he may not be able to play after his injury at his age.

Warriors come out and Ta-ank.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZFAN33 View Post
    Dang did you guys see the Ranking Free Agents page by Hollinger? He lists Jeremy Evans as the 3rd overall Free Agent this offseason.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...-projected-per
    That guy must be a huge Jazz homer.

Warriors come out and Ta-ank.

vCash
    The Rockets are really trying to trade Kyle Lowry, Luis Scola and Kevin Martin. We know they've been looking for a high end C for a long time. They're also looking to dump some contracts.

I love the addition of Mo Williams, but I see him as more of our Jason Terry than our long term answer at PG. Kyle Lowry is more of what we need because his offense comes after his top notch ability to facilitate and defend. Scola is a high end PF. Just think about it - Houston has been right there for the playoffs for years now in a post built mainly around him. He's been the rock despite Yao injuries, Dalembert being ineffective, etc. The guy can just play. Martin gets hurt a lot, but he's still an offensive weapon.

What about offering Big Al, Harris & our pick next year (projected early 20's) to Houston for Lowry, Scola & Martin?

Why for Houston: They're trying to dump Scola's contract. They're trying to get a top center. They have to deal Lowry because he's not getting along with management. Houston has some talent at SG (Lamb and Lee) so Martin is expendable. Houston can also re-sign Dragic to run the point.

Why for us: Losing Al would sting, but Lowry is the type PG we need. If we add him, I think we start getting more out of everybody. For our C spot, we just let Favors take that over with Kanter backing up. Scola replaces a lot of the size we lose with Jefferson. Martin gives us a high quality starting SG who can help groom Burks.

Lineup:
    PG Lowry, Williams, Watson, Tinsley
    SG Martin, Burks
    SF Hayward, Carroll, Murphy
    PF Millsap, Scola
    C Favors, Kanter

vCash
    i'll pass because:

1-i don't like scola. too similar to millsap to warrant parting with jefferson for him. i like favors at c, but not enough to replace jefferson with a back-up pf who plays like our starting pf.

2-martin doesn't fit with this team. we've always been an inside-out team, we're still trying to be an inside out team, and despite the removal of jefferson, we still don't have a passing big. martin shoots too much, sucks at d, and although i called for him heavily last off-season, i think we're a different team and we could do better at sg.

3-lowry isn't so great of an upgrade to justify #s 1 and 2.

good idea for a shake-up, but i'm not on-board.
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    i'll pass because:

1-i don't like scola. too similar to millsap to warrant parting with jefferson for him. i like favors at c, but not enough to replace jefferson with a back-up pf who plays like our starting pf.

2-martin doesn't fit with this team. we've always been an inside-out team, we're still trying to be an inside out team, and despite the removal of jefferson, we still don't have a passing big. martin shoots too much, sucks at d, and although i called for him heavily last off-season, i think we're a different team and we could do better at sg.

3-lowry isn't so great of an upgrade to justify #s 1 and 2.

good idea for a shake-up, but i'm not on-board.
    Great post. I'd just like to add, and I've said this multiple times, but Houston overrates Lowry and it would take a LOT more than what Lo just suggested to get Houston to trade their 3 best players. They've been shopping these guys yes, but that doesn't mean they'll dump them off for less than they're worth.

"I know one thing for sure; you won't be able to say that Braves fans don't care" Chipper Jones

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast