Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    Sundin should count. There is no reason he shouldn't... just because he left and signed with Vancouver doesn't change what he did during his time in Toronto and the length of the time he was here.

That's like saying Doan isn't considered a long time Phoenix player because he wasn't drafted by them and may leave in FA on a short term deal. He's obviously most notable as a Coyote.
    That's exactly my point...Stevie Y, Sakic and Brodeur were with one team their whole careers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    That's exactly my point...Stevie Y, Sakic and Brodeur were with one team their whole careers
    Well yeah but that doesn't change the fact that Sundin was dedicated to Toronto for years and was here for a long time. He spent one season with Vancouver and four with Quebec. Then all with Toronto... there's not much of a difference there.

That's like saying too Gretzky wasn't considered a great Oiler because he also played with LA and NY...

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    OMG! you're killing me!!!!!
    Must of woke the snake did I lol

vCash
    Well yeah but that doesn't change the fact that Sundin was dedicated to Toronto for years and was here for a long time. He spent one season with Vancouver and four with Quebec. Then all with Toronto... there's not much of a difference there.

That's like saying too Gretzky wasn't considered a great Oiler because he also played with LA and NY...
    Don't think he's saying Sundin wasn't a great Leaf, just saying he wasn't quite the same as the other 3 aforementioned b/c they spent their entire careers, start to finish with the same organization. Plain and simple really

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan16 View Post
    Don't think he's saying Sundin wasn't a great Leaf, just saying he wasn't quite the same as the other 3 aforementioned b/c they spent their entire careers, start to finish with the same organization. Plain and simple really
    Exactly

vCash

The difference you point out is why I am saying that Sundin isn't in the same category as them. That and all 3 of them have won the Cup

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    The difference you point out is why I am saying that Sundin isn't in the same category as them. That and all 3 of them have won the Cup
    Shanahan won cups and he wasn't voted into the Hall yet Sundin was. I don't think that cups really defines a player. It didn't in this case.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    Shanahan won cups and he wasn't voted into the Hall yet Sundin was. I don't think that cups really defines a player. It didn't in this case.
    We were talking about players who played their whole careers on one team. I'm not talking about Sundin or the HOF, strictly players that have had long careers with on one team. I'm not bashing Sundin so relax

vCash
    Marty was on Hockeycentral today and said that they leafs were VERY interested and if NJD didn't offer that second year he would have looked at us as a destination.

Reason i bring it up is because some leaf fans dont like that burke isn't in the "war room" during the FA and trade deadline days but Marty said he spoke to Nonis, Loiselle, Poulin, and Fletcher. He also said that he spoke on the phone personally with Burke "a few" times yesterday.
    Leaf fans at the start of every new season...

We've been through tough times, man.

vCash
    Marty was on Hockeycentral today and said that they leafs were VERY interested and if NJD didn't offer that second year he would have looked at us as a destination.

Reason i bring it up is because some leaf fans dont like that burke isn't in the "war room" during the FA and trade deadline days but Marty said he spoke to Nonis, Loiselle, Poulin, and Fletcher. He also said that he spoke on the phone personally with Burke "a few" times yesterday.
    Love hearing that.

I could see Burkie on the phone talking like he does "Yeah you know Marty, we got our new coach, and I don't know if you know this but we did win a cup a few years ago in Anaheim . I feel we are very close to getting there again"

vCash

I don't like Burke as a GM, but it was disgusting to read all the online bashing Burke was taking for attending Pride in memory of his son. Totally classless

vCash
    Dreger ripping Eklund on Twitter for false rumors...too funny

vCash
    And Eklund trying to sweep his glaring mistake under the rug like its no big deal. I swear the only reason people follow him is for a laugh.

Who all is on twitter anyways?

vCash
    I love how Eklund tried to make it look like he is buddies with Dreger

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito Santana View Post
    And Eklund trying to sweep his glaring mistake under the rug like its no big deal. I swear the only reason people follow him is for a laugh.

Who all is on twitter anyways?
    I saw this too haha. Dreger ripped on Damien Cox a few days ago too it was priceless I am not a big Cox fan but even less of a Simmons fan from the Sun who has been ripped via Twitter too.

I am on Twitter if that's what you're asking haha.

I read this too which is a good thing to hear. Coming from a guy like Martin who is a first ballot HOF goalie and arguably the best ever, the fact he would consider Toronto as an option to end his career is great.

I mean I really didn't see him leaving at all but it's nice to see and hear Toronto was interested as way he.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast