Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGeneral View Post
    It will be RGIII's first game in an environment like this. If we can rattle him early and put some points up it should be an easy win. However, if he takes it down the field for a TD on the first drive it could be a much closer game than we'd like.

I just hope we don't lose and have to hear all week about the effects of the bounty scandal.

Over/Under for the word "bounty" being used 15 times during the broadcast?
    DEFINITELY over 15 times

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Here's my take on this season:

Week 1: vs Washington Redskins - W (1-0)

I don't think RG3 will have what it takes to come into the Superdome, one of the toughest places to play in football in his first game and take us out. I'm honestly a bit nervous, but what can you do? It's like that most season openers, and we came out FIRING last year vs the Packers in the first game. As long as we don't turn the ball over, we should be fine.

Week 2: @ Carolina Panthers - W (2-0)

This is a game I'm really, really, really worried about this year. Going into Carolina vs a pretty stout defense with studs like Beason and Gamble, I'm worried that Newton will take over. I'm really not sure about this game to be honest, I'm 50-50, I'm going to give us the benefit of the doubt here because of Drew's experience. The key here in Carolina is that our O-line does well. They can package a lot of things and show different kinds of blitzes when you have a guy like Beason running the show, Anderson also. Attack the secondary as long as we don't go Gambles way, we should be okay, keep throwing it Munnerlyn's way. Throw Jimmy out Munnerlyn's side, the dude's like 5 foot 8, Jimmy has literally almost a foot on him, same with Marques.

Week 3: vs KC Chiefs (3-0)

I don't think we'll have too much trouble with this game. KC doesn't scare me after having a down year. I like Cassel and Bowe obviously and Charles, but Baldwin and Boss won't provide much of a threat. So shut down that pass attack with Cassel to Bowe, double team Bowe if need be by bringing over Jenkins for help and we should be good. Also just gota make sure Brody and Lofton pound the middle and keep Charles in check.

One thing that worries me is their secondary..it's ******** good. Eric Berry, Brandon Flowers and Stanford Routt...having Derrick Johnson stuffing the run in the middle of a 3-4 doesn't help. It'll be interesting, but again we're at home in the Dome, I think we can pull it out.

Week 4: @ Green Bay Packers - L (3-1)

I have some kind of strange feeling that we're going to pull this off.

Seriously, I really do, I felt last year at Lambeau we should have won that game. We lost because of a crazy ST return that's never going to happen and silly turnovers in a very sloppy game. If that was the 5th game of the year when we were more season ready, we would of won. Regardless, I'll give A-Rod and company the benefit of the doubt at Lambeau. I'm keen to see how that Packers defense does this year, they had a strong draft defensively.

Week 5: Vs Chargers - W (4-1)

Rivers is the most underrated QB in the league. Simple. he has all the tools to succeed, and if he can just keep his head on straight, he's a top 6-7 QB in the league no problem. I just don't know how he's going to do with Floyd as his #1, and Meachem as the deep threat. Obviously Gates is a stud, but will he be healthy? I hate their OL. They also have a lot of defensive issues to figure out. Not feeling the Bolts this year, at home, we should take this.

Week 6 - Bye

Week 7: @ Tampa - W (5-1)

Freeman isn't as bad as people made him out to be last year, but he isn't as good in his first year. He's somewhere in between, and as good as a wideout V-Jax is, the key to the Bucs offense will be the following:

1) With V-Jax stretching the field for the Bucs, can Mike Williams go back to being a stud possession receiver that the NFL thought he was after a dominant year in 2010?

2) Can the OL hold up for Josh? Nicks is their, but other then that, it's a weak OL. Also speaking of the OL, what the hell is Blount planning on doing in life? He was GOD AWFUL last year, and he has tools, but doesn't look like things are going to pan out.

Defensively for Tampa, I hate it. I really don't like much from the Tampa defense at all. I'm not a fan of this Bucs team one bit, I can't believe we lost to them last year, it was again a sloppy road game where things were wet down in Tampa. I really don't expect that this year.

Week 8: @ Denver .. - L (5-2)

The reason I say this is not because of Peyton Manning. I think people do not understand how awesome the Broncos defense is. Yes they've added Peyton, and his boyfriend Dallas Clark..but jesus christ, their DL consists of Dumervil, and if Wolfe can produce some pass rush...they're going to be scary. Their secondary is strong, Champ, ex Saint Porter, and Mike Adams who was the starting safety on a top 10 pass defense in Cleveland last year (mind you a lot of that has to do with Joe Haden), but regardless. It's a good defense in which the key lies on Joe Mays. He's got Von MIller's help on the outside to seal the running game and drop in passing situations when need be, but I don't know if Joe can really be that leader every team needs at MLB in a 4-3.

Then of course they have Peyton Manning. The reason I put this down as a L, is because I feel that we're going to lose one of the games that I was iffy about before this, so this was a compensation.

vCash
    I'll do an indepth look at the 2nd half later.

vCash
    Not to nitpick, but Dallas Clark went to Tampa.

vCash
    I think we beat Redskins but I think RGIIIs youth will be the reason they lose and also the reason that we give up some points. I can see us playing perfect defense everywhere except on him and he Michael Vicks the Team down the field a few times. Isnt that the most annoying thing when the QB runs for a big gain or TD after great defense everywhere else. I hope the Spy is in effect at least a few plays to disrupt his athleticsm.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    I think we beat Redskins but I think RGIIIs youth will be the reason they lose and also the reason that we give up some points. I can see us playing perfect defense everywhere except on him and he Michael Vicks the Team down the field a few times. Isnt that the most annoying thing when the QB runs for a big gain or TD after great defense everywhere else. I hope the Spy is in effect at least a few plays to disrupt his athleticsm.
    I think he'll have a few runs, but not too many huge ones. Spags knows what he is doing. I think RGIII is going to have a tough game. Welcome to the NFL

vCash
    Seeing everyone repping a player brings a little tear to my eye .....Its beautiful
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    Seeing everyone repping a player brings a little tear to my eye .....Its beautiful
    most unified fanbase on the PSD!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    Not to nitpick, but Dallas Clark went to Tampa.
    You're right, my bad, I was talking about Tamme & Dreessen.

vCash
    Point spread of 9 what you guys think. Go with my heart or head. I think they both say we cover at home.

vCash
    I think RGIII has a backdoor cover in him. I can see it happening.

vCash
    I could RG3 covering the spread. He's got that kind of quality to him. He's going to have us all pulling our hair out as he runs all over the place. I think that we'll pull away and end the game a couple of TD's ahead, but you just never know...

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    I think RG3 is a great college player, but he's not Cam Newton though. Cam did very well his rookie year in the pros. I think we will have 2-3 sacks. RG3 will be nervous the first game of the season and the first time playing in the dome...not to mention the first time playing against a ROWDY CROWD!! GO SAINTS!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123