Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 70 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Doubt we have a chance without including Horford.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ugafan227
    Doubt we have a chance without including Horford.
    If that were true, either the Hawks would no longer be linked to the story or they would have offered him up from Day 1. But everything we've read and posted suggests Orlando is still listening to whatever else the Hawks are offering.

If Hennigan actually liked any of these other deals (Nets, Lakers, even Rockets) he probably could have have taken it by now and been done with this headache. But the Hawks keep coming up in all these rumors. It's very possible that the Magic leaked this "ZOMG Nets Close To Deal!" rumor to light a fire under the other teams, especially if ORL wants, say, more/better picks and cap relief.

vCash
    Everything I'm reading online right now is basically saying the same thing: Orlando wants at least three future 1st round picks in return for any Dwight deal to happen with any team. So the draft selections mean more to Henningan than the actual proven players (Horford, Bynum, Lopez) coming back, which is why the Nets are scrambling to get Cleveland to take Humphries to obtain another pick to send over. The Hawks might be trying to convince Henningan to take more expirings (cap relief) instead of an extra pick or two.

vCash
    All of this is moot though if Dwight is serious about ONLY playing for the Nets. If his best friend playing here in his hometown isn't enough to get him to consider coming to Atlanta, and all the benefits of being the star of the NBA's Rolls Royce franchise isn't enough to make him consider going to the Lakers, then like I said before, there's bigger stuff at play and no matter what anyone offered, Dwight still holds most of the cards and Hennigan has to do the best he can with the Nets hand he's been dealt.

vCash
    Hawks forward Josh Smith is eager to see what Danny Ferry has in store for the in the future but he doesn’t seem to be impressed by what he sees right now. Ferry agreed to trade Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams in deals that no doubt leave the Hawks as a worse team now. Word is Smith, whose contract expires after next season, expressed his concerns about the team’s direction in a recent meeting with Ferry. The Hawks GM in turn told Smith his short- and long-term visions for making the team a contender. Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Atlanta Hawks, Trade, Danny Ferry, Josh Smith | share

Ferry acknowledged meeting with Smith last week. “It went great,” Ferry said. “It went fine.” Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Atlanta Hawks, Trade, Danny Ferry, Josh Smith | share
    So they have already met.

vCash
    The Hawks met with free agent forward Anthony Randolph over the weekend. Ferry said the Hawks also are scheduled to meet with free agent forward Rashard Lewis, who didn’t commit to the Heat after meeting with the team in Miami on Sunday. Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Atlanta Hawks, Free Agency, Anthony Randolph, Rashard Lewis | share
    More FA news.

vCash
    Word is Smith, whose contract expires after next season, expressed his concerns about the team’s direction in a recent meeting with Ferry. The Hawks GM in turn told Smith his short- and long-term visions for making the team a contender.
    Lol, if I'm DF, that would have been a short conversation: Get me Dwight Howard and I'll get you both Chris Paul.

These superteams are forming because the players are actively recruiting, so it isn't all on Ferry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Lol, if I'm DF, that would have been a short conversation: Get me Dwight Howard and I'll get you both Chris Paul.

These superteams are forming because the players are actively recruiting, so it isn't all on Ferry.
    Oh I agree......

But for those who doubted Ferry wants to keep Smith, are you still doubting? IDK if this means Smith is here all year or after this season. But I don't think you sit down and talk about the present and the future if you plan on trading the guy. Anyone know if he met with Joe or Marv?

vCash
    Ethan J. Skolnick: Hearing that the Heat left yesterday's meeting with Rashard Lewis confident that he'll come aboard. Nothing official yet. Twitter
    Uh ohhhh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75
    Oh I agree......

But for those who doubted Ferry wants to keep Smith, are you still doubting? IDK if this means Smith is here all year or after this season. But I don't think you sit down and talk about the present and the future if you plan on trading the guy. Anyone know if he met with Joe or Marv?
    Why wouldn't he talk to Josh? A good but disguntled player is entering his walk year. Ferry wants to know how Josh feels about the situation, as any GM would, and if Josh asks a follow up, he answers. Marvin is not important enough and Joe was the biggest burden on the franchise getting "flexibility" that DF talked about so the first decent offer meant he was gone.

The most important question is does Josh actually want to be here and what is he doing to make the team into a contender, aka guaranteeing Dwight. One of the reasons the Hawks haven't been contenders is because Joe didn't recruit (as far as we know). If Josh isn't recruiting, he (and Hawks fans) can't complain about the direction because it isn't easy to get stars to come here. And if he wants out, Ferry will move him, just like anyone else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Oh I agree......

To be fair, they had to go with the salary they had. Smith is expiring so he HAS to sit down with him to see where his future is with the team and Ferry has to put that in with how he wants this team to be built going forward. Smith could be traded this summer, at the deadline, or just walks. Or he could be re-signed. No one knows what Ferry wants, so the back and forth opinions really isn't going anywhere until Ferry confirms something.

vCash
    If Smith was stung by Johnson’s departure, it would make sense on a couple levels.

For one, as mentioned, the Hawks right now have less talent than at any time during their five-year playoffs streak. Smith has told the team he wants to be traded to a franchise he believes is more serious about playing for championships. That’s certainly part of Ferry’s long-term plan but the Hawks took a step back in the interim.

The other factor is Smith had a solid relationship with Johnson, who was Smith’s longest-tenured teammate along with Zaza Pachulia and Marvin Williams. Smith was in his second season when Johnson arrived in Atlanta with the expectation of being the team’s star. Smith and Johnson’s strong chemistry on the court was obvious, too, with Smith often looking to pass to Johnson in transition or spotting up in the half court.

Ferry said he has yet to meet with all of the Hawks players. He’s had a busy schedule that’s included trips out of town, and many of the players also have been in and out of Atlanta. Ferry said he planned to meet soon with Pachulia and Jeff Teague, who both are in Atlanta.
    ajc

Due diligence, IMO.

vCash
    Seems like Brooks isn't going to Orlando but shipped off somewhere else for a 1st rounder. We could of had him in our trade. Just replace Brooks with Houston's 1st, since it seems they are needing that extra pick.

vCash
    danny is sitting back waiting for what we need a better player on are team. we will not even be close to competitive next year. he gave up everything (joe that is not marvin) for what a sorry team of cast offs. this is almost a repeat of the d>wilkens trade the killed us for years.

vCash
    Could somebody list the Hawks current roster..
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

Page 9 of 70 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast