Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by showboatcp
    I believe we need to go after jr smith and beasley .
    ........Nah.

Just.... nah.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 07-03-2012 at 11:52 AM.

vCash

2014 Free Agent Class ZOMG!

The summer of 2010 didn’t disappoint. Superstars switched teams at an alarming rate, changing the landscape of the NBA in a matter of months. The player movement created new-found interest in the NBA and ratings skyrocketed since fans wanted to see how the various storylines would play out. The 2010 offseason lived up to the hype, and as a result the NBA was able to captivate many casual sports fans.

The summer of 2014 has similar potential.

A lot can change over the next two years, but many executives around the league expect the 2014 offseason to be an exciting one.

The 2014 free agent class could include Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, Dirk Nowitzki, Amar’e Stoudemire, Chris Bosh, Pau Gasol, Paul Pierce, Danny Granger, Luol Deng, Rudy Gay, Zach Randolph and Andrew Bogut among others.

Bryant, Nowitzki, Granger, Deng, Pierce, Gasol and Bogut will be unrestricted free agents that summer. James, Wade, Anthony, Stoudemire, Bosh, Gay and Randolph have either a player option or early termination option, which means they can opt-out and become unrestricted free agents.

The group has the potential to be one of the best free agent classes ever. They have a combined 10 championships and 76 All-Star appearances. The class could feature future Hall-of-Famers and some of the biggest names in the NBA.

One Western Conference executive believes that the 2014 class could be better than the 2010 group that created so much buzz.

“A lot of the players in the 2010 class hadn’t done anything yet, and they still haven’t,” the executive said. “The 2014 class, if everyone opts out, is much more accomplished.”

Executives around the league are already taking notice of this class and teams may start positioning themselves to be players during the summer of 2014.
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-pm-the...agent-class-ak

vCash
    The Houston Rockets are pessimistic about their chances of re-signing point guard Goran Dragic with the sides far apart in negotiations, according to sources close to the process. ESPN.com

Houston Rockets, Free Agency, Goran Dragic | share

But Dragic left town without a deal, sources said, leading one source close to the process to say that the lefty's expected return to the Rockets is "not going to happen." Dragic is scheduled Tuesday to visit the Phoenix Suns, who dealt him to the Rockets at the 2011 trade deadline. ESPN.com

Houston Rockets, Phoenix Suns, Trade, Goran Dragic | share
    Should ATlanta get into this?

vCash
    Good player, and IMO he's worth that $8M that Phoenix is supposedly offering if he can keep up his production from last season, but I wouldn't want Atlanta in on that. We've got bigger plans.

vCash
    We've got 2 solid PGs already and I agree with Bravo, we've got bigger plans...I hope.

vCash
    Bigger concern is probably on the wing, if they actually care about fielding a competitive team this season.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 07-03-2012 at 01:49 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Bigger concern is probably on the wing, if they actually care about fielding a competitive team this season.
    Supposedly we are 1 of 5 teams on Rashard Lewis' list

When Rashard Lewis clears waivers, he'll likely be looking to sign with one of five teams, according to the New York Post's Marc Berman. Berman names the Knicks, Heat, Spurs, Hawks, and Lakers as the clubs on Lewis' "short list."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdiddy24 View Post
    Supposedly we are 1 of 5 teams on Rashard Lewis' list
    With or without DH12.... Lewis would be interesting on a 1 year contract if he can still shoot.

vCash
    Lewis on a 1-year deal, starting spot to let him play his way into another deal? I wouldn't be mad at that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    With or without DH12.... Lewis would be interesting on a 1 year contract if he can still shoot.
    I can't imagine he gets more than $2M. Vet minimum maybe.

vCash
    Seems we are interested in Courtney Lee.

Obviously we would have to sign him for more than one year, in which I would rather see if Crawford would come back for one year, and maybe re-sign Crawford next year after signing the *hopeful* big free agents.

We would run small though if either is signed, prob have Morrow at the 3.

Teague/Harris
    Lee or Crawford/Jenkins
    Morrow/Stevenson
    Smith
    Horford

alot of shooters around Smith/Horford. Could be fun to watch.
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 07-04-2012 at 12:14 AM.

McGOAT

vCash
    Courtney Lee is even more popular now that Houston withdrew his qualifying offer & made him an unrestricted free agent: Source says Chicago, Indiana, Clippers, Dallas, Phoenix, Washington, Memphis and Atlanta have shown interest. Sulia

Atlanta Hawks, Chicago Bulls, Dallas Mavericks, Houston Rockets, Indiana Pacers, Los Angeles Clippers, Memphis Grizzlies, Phoenix Suns, Washington Wizards, Free Agency, Courtney Lee | share
    I've always been a fan of Courtney Lee. If the Hawks are re-structuring to build a winner, he's definitely the type of player you want. If the Hawks are just rebuilding, let the kid go help a contender.
    Last edited by SluggeR; 07-04-2012 at 01:09 AM.
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Should ATlanta get into this?
    I would love to get Dragic and Lee (don't know what $ they are asking) and trade Horford/Teague/Zaza/Houston's 1st rounder for Howard (if he re-signs):

Goran Dragic/Devin Harris
    Courtney Lee/John Jenkins
    Anthony Morrow/Stevenson
    Josh Smith/Ivan/Scott
    Dwight Howard/Petro

Somehow add a good bench PF/C, and we would have a pretty good bench.
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 07-04-2012 at 02:42 AM.

McGOAT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    I would love to get Dragic and Lee (don't know what $ they are asking) and trade Horford/Teague/Zaza/Houston's 1st rounder for Howard (if he re-signs):

Goran Dragic/Devin Harris
    Courtney Lee/John Jenkins
    Anthony Morrow/Stevenson
    Josh Smith/Ivan/Scott
    Dwight Howard/Petro

Somehow add a good bench PF/C, and we would have a pretty good bench.
    Dragic wants $10M/yr... so I say pass. I like him but if CP3 wants to be here next year then we should keep the door open.

vCash
    Unless Teague takes another huge step forward next season, they need to put the full court press on CP3 in 2013, so I wouldn't commit any major money to any other PGs until then. If the Clippers don't meet their sky high expectations, I believe he's gone.

For now though, Ronnie Brewer could be a good fit here. His perimeter defense is on par with Joe's, big enough to play guard or forward, and they might be able to get him for maybe 1 or 2 yrs at 3-4M per. I'm warming to the idea of Harris as starting SG (other ballhandler), while Morrow and Jenkins should definitely replace Joe's outside shooting.

As of right now, all agreed upon deals assumed:

Teague Jenkins (Farmar buyout)
    Harris Morrow Stevenson
    Smith
    Horford Williams Scott
    Pachulia Johnson Petro
    Last edited by Bravo95; 07-04-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast